Paul Pogba (205 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I just recalled Everton saying no to one english defender whose name i dont remember who asked to go to Chelsea last year..it wasnt about money,they just wouldnt let him..fvckin Everton showing more pride than Juventus..
What I like best about you is that you're batshit crazy.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Of course we didn't sell in the 8 years because we didn't have anything to sell. :lol:

Madrid sells players that are not needed.Selling Pogba is like them selling Ronaldo or Modric.

Yes ,selling clubs sell their best players and invest money in other players ,you got that right.
Selling clubs, as far as I understand it, are clubs that consistently rake in more money from players going out than they spend on players coming in. I don't see how we qualify.

- - - Updated - - -

What I like best about you is that you're batshit crazy.
He's not crazy, he's a retard.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Vidal leaving was painful because i believe he was worth more to this team than the money offered for him. Pogba is easier to understand considering the rumored figure is a world record and personally, this may be unpopular opinion, but I don't think Pogba is as key to this team as Vidal was. an on form Vidal was insane, did the work of two players and still contributed with goals and assists.
:tup:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I'd argue this might be due to good CL runs our players got more recognition in the last 2 years and started to generate more interest.

I agree. We don't do this and we probably never will. But we should really reconsider this whole "if a player asks to leave"...

Pogba should have been one of those.

Now I hope Beppe will get us some good dynamic mid so I can forget about this guy.
I don't disagree that you can run into problems when having this policy, but I doubt our management drops their knickers at the first suggestion a player might want to leave or richer teams want them. Otherwise Vidal would have been gone after 12/13 or 13/14, and Pogba would have been gone a year or two ago.

However, the offer for Pogba is a ridiculous one. Just like the offer for Zidane was ridiculous 15 years ago, and if our management has decided they can improve the team more with those funds, than by keeping the player, I am perfectly happy to trust them with that.

But agreeing with any of the nonsense that idiot was spouting about us being the biggest selling club in Europe is stupid. The guy should be laughed off the forum. We've sold 2 big players. In 10 years.

We're not some Dortmund or Atletico as far as selling players goes. We don't put release clauses in our contracts, otherwise Pogba probably would have been gone for 100M this summer.

Dortmund's greatest hits: Kagawa, Gotze, Lewandowski, Hummels, Mikh, Gundogan... Dortmund has a net spend of 42M in the past 5 years.

Atletico: Aguero, Falcao, Costa, Turan, Luis, De Gea... Right now, in the past 5 years, Atletico has a 0 net spend.

Juventus has sold Pogba and Vidal in the past 5 years as far as top players go. We also have a net spend of 190M in the last 5 years assuming Pogba is sold for 120M.

Hardly a selling club at all.

Liviu

Jan 10, 2015
I just recalled Everton saying no to one english defender whose name i dont remember who asked to go to Chelsea last year..it wasnt about money,they just wouldnt let him..fvckin Everton showing more pride than Juventus..
You're talking about Stones. If I recall correctly the bid was around 40 million pounds and still they kept their player.

Some of you talk about what a selling club is and you kinda look to soften the situation....if Pogba leaves we are a selling club because we can't keep our best prospects as I'm sure the club doesn't want to sell. He didn't had off the pitch problems like VIdal and isn't Zidane old.

Replacing him should be done using one simple rule: buy proven mid(s) that can make a difference this season. Talents and prospects don't win you CL in the next 2 seasons.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
This is the only thing that matters.
Fuck every player who leaves us.Doesn't matter what's his name is .
No player is bigger than the club.Nobody.Period.

mcrae

Jun 3, 2004
so Everton refused to sell some random defender (ffs you dont even remember who you're mentioning) to Chelsea and that is relevant how?
This Stones example (thank you BiancoJuve) just makes Juventus looks very bad.Even freakin Everton a middle of the club english team refused to sell because they realised that at some point you need quality players to achive the goals you set.And we're talkin about a no name english defender,propably as good as Jo Lescott,not a top 10 world class midfielder,not a club who supposedly wants to win Champions league..And i'm tellin you this.In this crazy market where Arcadius Milik is being sold for like 35 million euros,120 millions for Pogba are NOT a lot.But it's not about money some players should just NOT be for sale.Barceloan would never sell peak Messi.That's what we do,we sell our best player on his peak.I cant understand how some of you try to find a silver lining on this.

Fumo

Oct 23, 2014
Whats wrong w selling players who want to leave? Why would you want to keep a player who no longer wants to stay therefore probably lacks the motivation for it and plays with no heart?

Because there is something called professionalism. An employee under a contract has an obligation to respect the contract, the employee may express an opinion to leave, however the final decision is up to the employer, not the employee. This is how the world spins around for the rest of us mortals. Should be no different for superstars..

I find our policy on this matter, illogical.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Just to close the chapter on the selling club bullshit, some data:

Net proceeds from transfers for Porto, Juventus and Manure (+ means more sold then bought):
Porto:
summer '15: +101
'14: +37
'13: +46
'12: +76
'11: +2
'10: +3

Juventus:
summer '15: -56
'14: -17
'13: +12
'12: -50
'11: -80
'10: -23

Manure:
summer '15: -45
'14: -146
'13: -76
'12: -63
'11: -47
'10: -11

Porto is a selling club, Juventus and Manure are not. United have spent more than use for 2 reasons:
1. They have a lot higher revenue.
2. They are complete shit and they need to rebuild the entire team. Just note how are highest spending was in '11 for the same reason.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Because there is something called professionalism. An employee under a contract has an obligation to respect the contract, the employee may express an opinion to leave, however the final decision is up to the employer, not the employee. This is how the world spins around for the rest of us mortals. Should be no different for superstars..

I find our policy on this matter, illogical.
I am really unsure in what world you live in, dude. This is just blatantly not true. Employees can and do leave all the time.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
This Stones example (thank you BiancoJuve) just makes Juventus looks very bad.Even freakin Everton a middle of the club english team refused to sell because they realised that at some point you need quality players to achive the goals you set.And we're talkin about a no name english defender,propably as good as Jo Lescott,not a top 10 world class midfielder,not a club who supposedly wants to win Champions league..And i'm tellin you this.In this crazy market where Arcadius Milik is being sold for like 35 million euros,120 millions for Pogba are NOT a lot.But it's not about money some players should just NOT be for sale.Barceloan would never sell peak Messi.That's what we do,we sell our best player on his peak.I cant understand how some of you try to find a silver lining on this.
We are selling to another selling club like MU. What's the fuss?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
@DelPiero84

Our net spend over the last 6 years, starting with the Conte era (and assuming the Pogba sale) is 8th in all of football

ManUnited 577M (assuming Pogba purchase)
PSG 440M
ManCity 407M
Barcelona 273M
Chelsea 255M
Liverpool 253M
Real Madrid 217M
Bayern 210M
Juventus 190M (assuming Pogba sale)
Arsenal 181M

Those are up to today. I'd assume those figures to change. It's likely we'll end up passing Bayern as we should end up another 50M or so in the negative by summer's end after buying Pogba replacements.

Real Madrid will likely spend more this summer. Arsenal too, though I doubt enough to pass us, if we spend that extra 50M.

Fumo

Oct 23, 2014
I am really unsure in what world you live in, dude. This is just blatantly not true. Employees can and do leave all the time.
You can leave, after you hand a written request. THOUGH you would still need to work, 1month or 3months before you are released from your contract. You can not leave on the spot, on the same day (like somebody seems to believe). This is how it is for most of us in west and northern EU.

You can't just breach a contract and leave when YOU WANT TO. There is a period you stay, before you are released.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
@DelPiero84

Our net spend over the last 6 years, starting with the Conte era (and assuming the Pogba sale) is 8th in all of football

ManUnited 577M (assuming Pogba purchase)
PSG 440M
ManCity 407M
Barcelona 273M
Chelsea 255M
Liverpool 253M
Real Madrid 217M
Bayern 210M
Juventus 190M
Arsenal 181M
:tup:

I'm well aware of that and as I've said we're not a selling club in a way to develope players and make profit, like Porto. Not our goal.

On the other hand our players only need to hand in transfer request and they are out faster than a bullet :p

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
You can leave, after you hand a written request. THOUGH you would still need to work, 1month or 3months before you are released from your contract. You can not leave on the spot, on the same day (like somebody seems to believe). This is how it is for most of us in west and northern EU.

You can't just breach a contract and leave when YOU WANT TO. There is a period you stay, before you are released.
I know. That's an even better situation than the one these footballers are in. Most of the time you have a (very) long term contract as an employee and you have a couple of months notice. Imagine we would have to pay Pogba for an indefinite amount of time, yet he could basically leave when he wanted to as long as he 'worked' for us for another two months.

In the present day though he needs Man Utd to buy him out.

At the end of the day, an employee can resign whenever the fuck he wants to. Pogba cannot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 192)