Paul Pogba (182 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
I really doubt we will get Higuain. We will get Pjaca and that's it. That's the club's strategy. I seriously doubt we will heavily reinvest the money, should Pogba leave.
I'm fairly sure we will. We really need to add something in midfield if Paul leaves. I think it would be a big mistake to only add Pjanic considering Khedira's injuries and currently also Marchisio's state.

I don't see any 'available' CM/DMs that could fill the void though, as I don't deem Verratti even a remote possibility. Maybe it would be worth taking a look at someone like Kovacic on loan/on the cheap and an Isco/James type of 'star' for AM and change a bit?

Buy on AliExpress.com

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
People must not forget Pogba hold values above money and the key drive behind that is her mother, Yeo Moriba. Shes kept him grounded and shes more influential than Raiola and all of utd money put together. Thats not to say the money wont be tempting but no doubt her mother plays a crucial factor in where he goes.

enzo

May 14, 2012
I'm fairly sure we will. We really need to add something in midfield if Paul leaves. I think it would be a big mistake to only add Pjanic considering Khedira's injuries and currently also Marchisio's state.

I don't see any 'available' CM/DMs that could fill the void though, as I don't deem Verratti even a remote possibility. Maybe it would be worth taking a look at someone like Kovacic on loan/on the cheap and an Isco/James type of 'star' for AM and change a bit?
Hmm, I think getting a decent replacement for Pogba is a task, which allows us to rate how our management is performing. Because, if you know a player will most likely leave, you should already start looking for a successor, even though the player isn't even gone yet. And while it's hard to accept, we knew the day would come. So, what did Beppe and Agnelli have in mind? Is there a plan or will they start looking now and miserably fail by buying a mediocre player for twice the sum he is actually worth?

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
yeh buying a WC striker who could score 40 goals a season instead of a player who wants to leave is plain stupid.

Higuain + Pjanic would be a great way to fill pogba's impact on the team.
You must consider the age of the player and the value in terms of money. Keep in mind, a lot of the rumours of that fee structure suggest 100m to us, and 25m to Pogba and Raiola. Which means we are effectively investing all of Pogba's money in to Higuain. Poor poor deal, irrespective of how decisive the player himself is.

Imagine we didn't reinvest the money :lol:
Can see us be a little diligent with the Pogba replacement. Wont be a big name in the true sense, more a utility player but with intelligence on the pitch like a Biglia or Matic. Our style of player may also skew more toward the 4312 incase of a Pogba sale, with a more defined role for the AM than the freer role Pogba enjoyed as LCM in a 352. That maybe one way to negate the loss of Pogba.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Also, i wholeheartedly disagree with the notion that its the player who wants to leave and thats why we are doing the deal. Its a PR move by the club, because the fact of the matter is that even if Pogba didn't want to leave, Juve will still sit on a table and consider a 120m euro bid for a player. This stance of a player coming in and saying they want to leave, is bound to be the case whenever there is a bid on the table. Pogba left for the euro ready to come back and you can see that in his stance, he didn't look like a player who wanted to leave to me. But in the presence of a bid like this, if Juve entertained it, why won't the player want to think about it too? Its the silliest thing i have seen and heard in a while. If Juve rejected the bid out of hand, there's no way Pogba would come in and say he wants out. This player wants to leave is a mutual thing as the club has its own interests in mind as well, economic opportunities will always be a two way street.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Hmm, I think getting a decent replacement for Pogba is a task, which allows us to rate how our management is performing. Because, if you know a player will most likely leave, you should already start looking for a successor, even though the player isn't even gone yet. And while it's hard to accept, we knew the day would come. So, what did Beppe and Agnelli have in mind? Is there a plan or will they start looking now and miserably fail by buying a mediocre player for twice the sum he is actually worth?
Assuming all of this Pogba talk is true and he is leaving, surely we have some sort of an idea in mind. Finding a direct replacement for Pogba is extremely difficult, though I don't think Pogba is as godlike as many here do. I believe he still lacks some end product and needs to mature to justify this kind of price tag.

I think we might go for some 'opportunity' in midfield like I said.. a Kovacic type player and invest in the AM/Striker position. Could someone name a CM worthy of starting for us?

Like you said, it will be interesting to see how we spend the Pogba cash, if he goes. They have their work cut out for them.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Also another thing to consider is when we sell a big name we may not want to fill their position with a similar big name per se. It may just be the style and approach of a target that we identify to fill that position. So Biglia and the like of Matic will remain realistic targets for us.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Also another thing to consider is when we sell a big name we may not want to fill their position with a similar big name per se. It may just be the style and approach of a target that we identify to fill that position. So Biglia and the like of Matic will remain realistic targets for us.
I think you might be right. Matic or a younger player like Kovacic (a player I really like, though I've not seen him since he left for Madrid) could be real possibilities.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Assuming all of this Pogba talk is true and he is leaving, surely we have some sort of an idea in mind. Finding a direct replacement for Pogba is extremely difficult, though I don't think Pogba is as godlike as many here do. I believe he still lacks some end product and needs to mature to justify this kind of price tag.

I think we might go for some 'opportunity' in midfield like I said.. a Kovacic type player and invest in the AM/Striker position. Could someone name a CM worthy of starting for us?

Like you said, it will be interesting to see how we spend the Pogba cash, if he goes. They have their work cut out for them.
Sorry to say but we already bought our Pogba replacement

Eljo

Nov 29, 2013
I don't think PSG is selling Veratti. Personally I would love Higuain+Mascherano

Also I don't get dis "selling club, biggest club should not sell players" nonsense. Of course you don't JUST sell your best players, but if they WANT to leave, or they are a problem in the locker room or the coach doesn't want said player etc. Those are all perfectly good reasons to sell a player, even if hes you best player. ALL clubs do this in some point in history or another.

Jan 22, 2016
You must consider the age of the player and the value in terms of money. Keep in mind, a lot of the rumours of that fee structure suggest 100m to us, and 25m to Pogba and Raiola. Which means we are effectively investing all of Pogba's money in to Higuain. Poor poor deal, irrespective of how decisive the player himself is.
Back in 2001 we bought 29 years old Nedved for %60 of Zidane sale.im sure you would have been against that but that turned out to be a great move.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 170)