Paul Pogba (87 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
One of the reasons I have high hopes that France will win the next Euro's, quality player, he's one of the reasons I turn the channel to a Juve game, especially when he plays alongside the genius that is Pirlo.

You guys should always invest in Frenchies!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
According to La Stampa's Massimiliano Nerozzi, Manchester United offered 80M euros for Pogba (9M euro/year salary).
Would rather negotiate some sort of 2 player swap deal with PSG, they seem to be gullible enough to do absurd dealings in general, so if they had the chance to sign the poster boy of France for the next decade i'd imagine they'd tell Cavani and Verratti to stfu and get packing.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
selling him will be one of the biggest mistakes we will ever do. people comparing selling him to zidane are delusional. if this will bring anything to us it will be more quantity. lets talk about CL final and hopefully to win it also, and then talk about selling. we don't have a big figure like del piero anymore and pogba is the answer. get hungry players who has the real potential to become big players and build your team around him.

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
Even with 80m we can't buy WC players... If we are interested in a WC player an other team would offer more and we will lose out on the player, or overpay for him..

Keep pogba.. The zidane comparison doesn't make sense.. Serie a isn't that awesome anymore.. We can't buy 3 WC players in this league and we sure as hell can't buy 3 from outside the league

Mar 10, 2009
Even with 80m we can't buy WC players... If we are interested in a WC player an other team would offer more and we will lose out on the player, or overpay for him..

Keep pogba.. The zidane comparison doesn't make sense.. Serie a isn't that awesome anymore.. We can't buy 3 WC players in this league and we sure as hell can't buy 3 from outside the league
I agree, situation is totally different then it was back in 2001. No big player would want to come to serie A now

Mar 3, 2014
At 80 million EUR, I hang up instantly. He literally just signed a new contract as his resume is as follows:

Paul Pogba, 21 Years Old
-Golden Boy
-Young Player of the World Cup
-Ballon D'Or Shortlist
-Touted by many as a Ballon D'Or Winner

Gareth Bale had none of those honours, was older and went for 91 million EUR. Juventus, unlike Tottenham, will be in the Champions League consistently. We have more bargaining power IMO. The only disadvantage is that his agent is that loud mouth Mino Raola.

A crude calculation for his market value:
- Bale went for 91 million EUR in 2013
- Average sport inflation is ~10% and in football due to no salary control, that all flows to players (unlike North American sports)

Obviously this is subjective, but I'd expect 20-30% more for Pogba, not adjusted for inflation... Therefore, is ~120 million EUR, adjusted for 2 years of inflation
=120 million * 1.21 = ~145 million EUR. That is my ask, maybe you go as low as 135 million but 80 million, that's laughable.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I wouldn't even want Verratti in a deal for Paul. Would sign Tielemans instead. Verratti we missed our chance on him before PSG.
They could really devalue him if they want Pogba bad enough

- - - Updated - - -

But then again if you want to be the best player in Europe...is PSG the place to do that?:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 87)