Paul Pogba (89 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tevez10

Aug 29, 2013
Kroos and Modric perform consistantly better then Pogba. They are also much older.

Pogba wont bench eighter anytime soon with this form
Pogba has scored more goals than Kross and Modric, I doubt you watch all RM games to know if they are consistent, you're just assuming. And since when being older is better than being younger in football terms, since they're older it's an advantage for Pogba. You've lost it!

Buy on AliExpress.com
Mar 3, 2014
Pogba has scored more goals than Kross and Modric, I doubt you watch all RM games to know if they are consistent, you're just assuming. And since when being older is better than being younger in football terms, since they're older it's an advantage for Pogba. You've lost it!
Different playing styles.
Goals are not the most important characteristics for a midfielder. Both Kroos and Modric play in the center of the pitch as playmaking types. Modric in particular is very involved defensively. Pogba on the other hand is less of a playmaker but will join the play to score more. Juve's central midfielders tend to play really aggressively and join the attack. Kroos for example would be similar to a Pirlo, and Pirlo as you know scored his first non-FK goal in a very long time recently. Kroos will hardly ever be in box, which you can't say for Pogba or Vidal.

I'm not debating on quality even. Just pointing out that for midfielder, goals are often not the statistic to look at.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Modric and Kroos are the central core behind the massive goalscoring force in front of them.
They are consistantly performing at a high level.
Beeing older means you are further developped and at the peak of your career. For a midfielder, the experience is gold aswel.

Pogba gets alot of freedom to go forward relative to the position of the team, for a cm at juve. Much more then Modric and Kroos. So he'll get more chances yeah.

When i say pogba is younger, it means he has room for improvement, and consistancy and experience.

Pogba is worth more cause he is younger.

Kroos and Modric perform consistantly at a higher level then Pogba.
With aging, Pogba should improve dramatically as a player, but also ib terms of consistancy. When he does he might be better then Kroos and Modric. Probably will.

But that day, is not today.

- - - Updated - - -

Its not a question of Pogba benching Modric,Zach.Real Madrid discarded arguably their most important player last season in Di Maria just to fit another one of their 'flavor of the month' signings in James Rodriguez.
With Pogba seemingly starting to become the flavor of the season,who's to say they wont discard somebody like Modric just to fit him in ? Lets not forget Modric is nearing 30 and will be coming back after a long layoff.Pogba's popularity is growing at a rapid rate and he's arguably more marketable than some of their other stars such as Kroos,Modric maybe even James.
Actually,James dint have an extraordinary season last yr by any means for Monaco.He had a very reasonable season.Its the hype of the WC and his performances there which convinced Madrid to buy him.
Pogba might've been inconsistent in his displays but the more volleys and long rangers he scores,the more the hype machine is gonna roll on which will entice teams like Madrid to bid for him.
I think his star isnt shining enough yet. He needs to make more hype for madrid to become serious.

James, was talked about by the entire world following the world cup.

Pogba is talked about by people who closely watch football. But not everyone is.

Tevez10

Aug 29, 2013
Goals are not the most important characteristics for a midfielder. Both Kroos and Modric play in the center of the pitch as playmaking types. Modric in particular is very involved defensively. Pogba on the other hand is less of a playmaker but will join the play to score more. Juve's central midfielders tend to play really aggressively and join the attack. Kroos for example would be similar to a Pirlo, and Pirlo as you know scored his first non-FK goal in a very long time recently. Kroos will hardly ever be in box, which you can't say for Pogba or Vidal.

I'm not debating on quality even. Just pointing out that for midfielder, goals are often not the statistic to look at.
Yeah I know that they play different positions, Pogba does score goals out of nowhere, while Kroos and Modric dont! If Pogba were to play on Pirlo's positions we would see a lot of shots from far.

Tevez10

Aug 29, 2013

Scored a goal even though playing as deep play-maker!

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Modric and Kroos are the central core behind the massive goalscoring force in front of them.
They are consistantly performing at a high level.
Beeing older means you are further developped and at the peak of your career. For a midfielder, the experience is gold aswel.

Pogba gets alot of freedom to go forward relative to the position of the team, for a cm at juve. Much more then Modric and Kroos. So he'll get more chances yeah.

When i say pogba is younger, it means he has room for improvement, and consistancy and experience.

Pogba is worth more cause he is younger.

Kroos and Modric perform consistantly at a higher level then Pogba.
With aging, Pogba should improve dramatically as a player, but also ib terms of consistancy. When he does he might be better then Kroos and Modric. Probably will.

But that day, is not today.

- - - Updated - - -

I think his star isnt shining enough yet. He needs to make more hype for madrid to become serious.

James, was talked about by the entire world following the world cup.

Pogba is talked about by people who closely watch football. But not everyone is.
Both Kroos and James have been rather inconsistent for Real Madrid this year. Especially James. The consistency argument is silly, as James was very inconsistent for Monaco last year. Yes, he had an amazing WC. But Pogba also had a very good WC at almost 2 years younger in age.

You're crazy if you think his star isn't shining enough for Madrid. He's the biggest hyped player in the world U23. And he is easily as hyped as James is. Just the fact that there are weekly, and sometimes daily rumours about teams bidding for him, asking Juve about him, about Juve not being able to keep him, tells you this. We here endless rumours about 70-100m bids for him. The guy is massively marketable, and his star is shining bright as fuck.

If teams bid for him this summer, Madrid will certainly be one of them. It's not even a question. They'd replace Modric with Pogba in a heartbeat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 87)