Paul Pogba (119 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mus™

Mar 16, 2009
But these Ronaldo's, Di Maria's etc aren't running up on their own they've got support coming form the back. Ronaldo no longer has Marcelo, but if he did, I'm pretty sure they would rampage through the flank their playing on. Same goes for Lahm and Robben.
This is why we have Vidal.

Dec 31, 2008
“Paul will be a phenomenon when he’s been playing at these levels for three or four seasons,” former Juve boss Deschamps told Tuttosport.
“However, there is no doubt that he has interesting potential. He has the characteristics and the right head to flourish. You don’t play in so many games for Juventus by chance.
“I speak to Juventus boss Antonio Conte regularly. We’re friends,” the ex-midfielder continued. “I’m calm because Paul is in the right hands.
“Paul’s time will come with the national team. His future just depends on him. He’s already on my preliminary list for the games against Georgia and Spain. You’ll have to see if he makes the final squad.”
Deschamps, who bossed the club to the Serie B title in 2006-07, was also asked about Juventus’ objectives this season.
“They’ve practically won the Scudetto,” he added. “Antonio will obviously say that is not the case, but they took an important step on Sunday.
“In Europe, I don’t see why Juventus can’t win the Champions League. A lot will depend on the draw. If I was Juve I’d want to avoid Real Madrid.”

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I kinda miss having 4 at the back, but really can't complain. But what worries with our current 3-5-2 are the wingbacks. Sure Litch is WC and Asamoah is defensively solid, but how will they cope with being bombarded by a quality winger supported by a quality fullback that has yet to happen, when the play is streched out enough I think we'd have a significant amount of issues, in Serie A we haven't faced such an issue yet neither have we had to deal with that in the CL yet but I'd be terrified by a Lahm-Ribery/Robben or anything that has half that quality.
Yup.

It's a clear weakness of 3-5-2 and the coach needs to come up with a clear plan to decide how he wants to adjust to being outnumbered on the flanks.

Bayern and Dortmund would be really tough for Juve in terms of the shape they play.

Though Real play the same shape, their 'wingers' spend less time in wide areas, so wouldn't be as big an issue and would be more comparable to how Chelsea or Shakhtar played.

robbotis

Jun 22, 2012
Yup.

It's a clear weakness of 3-5-2 and the coach needs to come up with a clear plan to decide how he wants to adjust to being outnumbered on the flanks.

Bayern and Dortmund would be really tough for Juve in terms of the shape they play.

Though Real play the same shape, their 'wingers' spend less time in wide areas, so wouldn't be as big an issue and would be more comparable to how Chelsea or Shakhtar played.
True enough. But imagine what teams like Barca and Bayern are thinking of Licht and Asa going at Alba and Scmelzer.
Licht and Asamaoh are 10x better than those two defensively.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
But to get at those defensively iffy fullbacks, Juve's wingbacks need to have the freedom to go beyond the winger that they are playing against and risk leaving Ribery or Gotze/Reus is space on a counter-attack if Juve lose the ball.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 97)