Paul Pogba (36 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Would be great but they are completely different players.

Would also love Pogba to be available for 35m/40m spread over a number of years.

Our best chance is on a bosman but wouldn't be surprised to see him extend at Man Utd or sign for PSG.
Sure, Locatelli now operates deeper, but he's also played as a mezzala. So it's not like we're comparing Pogba to Sissoko here.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Sure, Locatelli now operates deeper, but he's also played as a mezzala. So it's not like we're comparing Pogba to Sissoko here.
He's mainly deep lying and certainly more defensively minded than Pogba. Pogba has much more freedom to play particularly next to Kante or Fred. There is a lot of defensive play Locatelli does that Pogba would never do.

But even taking positioning out of the equation we are talking about completely different levels of players. Locatelli has 2 years left on his contract and seems available for around 35m spread on favourable terms with hopefully low wages. Pogba has a year left on his contract and would cost almost double that, with huge wages. They are priced that way for a reason.

Locatelli is a good player and should make a difference to our midfield. But anyone thinking he is going to come in and transform the team singlehandedly or pick up a high amount of goals/assists is mistaken. I think he'll be a solid signing and want us to get him but our midfield needs more.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
He's mainly deep lying and certainly more defensively minded than Pogba. Pogba has much more freedom to play particularly next to Kante or Fred. There is a lot of defensive play Locatelli does that Pogba would never do.

But even taking positioning out of the equation we are talking about completely different levels of players. Locatelli has 2 years left on his contract and seems available for around 35m spread on favourable terms with hopefully low wages. Pogba has a year left on his contract and would cost almost double that, with huge wages. They are priced that way for a reason.

Locatelli is a good player and should make a difference to our midfield. But anyone thinking he is going to come in and transform the team singlehandedly or pick up a high amount of goals/assists is mistaken. I think he'll be a solid signing and want us to get him but our midfield needs more.
I agree, but I'm just saying Locatelli can play the Pogba sort of role, he played further up the pitch before going to Sass. He can make forward runs into the box as well, like he did in the Euros. To me, he would definitely be an upgrade over Arthur.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Hope i'm wrong, but i can't see him accepting us over a renewal at United or PSG/Real as a free agent next season. He doesn't strike me as an oversentimental guy that will choose us despite the uncertainty around our sporting project.
He and raiola both see greater opportunity and $$ next summer when he can sign for Madrid at a premium

and he can play with mbappe there

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 30)