Paul Pogba (125 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apr 29, 2006
It makes perfect sense if their employer is subsidising a losing football club. It all depends on where the money for Ronaldo is coming from.
It makes NO sense.

CR7 cannot afford to pay just the estate taxes for some of those gentlemen shareholders.

Add to that that they might have hidden agendas as well (ex some are Nipples fans) - this is a complete non-story. Just someone trying to use the absurdities in life for his own gain I suppose.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
It makes NO sense.

CR7 cannot afford to pay just the estate taxes for some of those gentlemen shareholders.

Add to that that they might have hidden agendas as well (ex some are Nipples fans) - this is a complete non-story. Just someone trying to use the absurdities in life for his own gain I suppose.
Wtf are you talking about :rofl:

Mar 3, 2014
It makes perfect sense if their employer is subsidising a losing football club. It all depends on where the money for Ronaldo is coming from.
FIAT wouldn't pay for it. It could be EXOR but that isn't EXOR's problem. It's responsibility is to manage its investments. It is up to FIAT's management to decide whether increasing wages for workers is a good idea. But flow from EXOR to Juventus is irrelevant to FIAT workers. They could argue that shirt sponsorship revenue is money that could be directed towards workers, but ultimately its like 19M EUR in revenue, and part of marketing which is crucial for any brand. FIAT generates 3-5 Billion EURO in excess cash per year vs. a measly 19M that it uses via Juve for marketing. They are creating a strawman argument, when the argument should be 'we want to paid more', therefore instead of paying down debt, you should pay us. The company has 12.8B EUR in cash on the balance sheet. Who cares about 20M be payed to Juventus for sponsorship.

It also should be noted that the company hasn't grown revenues for 3 years...steady at 110B EUR. Typically you want to grow wages at a rate that isn't faster that revenue growth.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
FIAT wouldn't pay for it. It could be EXOR but that isn't EXOR's problem. It's responsibility is to manage its investments. It is up to FIAT's management to decide whether increasing wages for workers is a good idea. But flow from EXOR to Juventus is irrelevant to FIAT workers. They could argue that shirt sponsorship revenue is money that could be directed towards workers, but ultimately its like 19M EUR in revenue, and part of marketing which is crucial for any brand. FIAT generates 3-5 Billion EURO in excess cash per year vs. a measly 19M that it uses via Juve for marketing. They are creating a strawman argument, when the argument should be 'we want to paid more', therefore instead of paying down debt, you should pay us. The company has 12.8B EUR in cash on the balance sheet. Who cares about 20M be payed to Juventus for sponsorship.

It also should be noted that the company hasn't grown revenues for 3 years...steady at 110B EUR. Typically you want to grow wages at a rate that isn't faster that revenue growth.
That's why I said that it depends on where the money is coming from. If it's a loan directly from Exor than you are right. But that might be a problem for FFP. If it comes from FIAT as sponsorship, then the union has a point. Of course, Ronaldo gives the brand a lot more exposure.

And "who cares about 20m when FIAT has billions in revenue" is not something the management is stupid enought to say in front of the union :lol:

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
is this account reliable?
It’s run by a guy who organises trips and tours for international fans. I know for a fact that he has friends that work for the club. He had some info about the Ronaldo deal too. I actually believe him that we will make a play for Pogba (or some other high profile CM) but whether we get them is another story altogether.

Apr 29, 2006
Your response was insane and incoherent.
...And "who cares about 20m when FIAT has billions in revenue" is not something the management is stupid enought to say in front of the union :lol:
I seem to have forgotten that not all members here are grown ups. Its my fault, really.

What the union or other idiots that tell in stories between each other doesn't really matter. "stupid enought to say in front of the union"? :rofl: You simply don't get it! It's about power and it has always been about power. If the union doesn't have enough power to even vote a politician in, how do you imagine they would tell a billionaire what to spend on? While you and the unions are dreaming - why not just take all shares of FIAT and EXOR - I mean they produce the cars and the dream, right? Why did the Agnellis have shares anyways? Because it isn't 'decent' or 'fair' - they have a point!? :sergio: The same shepherds of the union know all this very well and they just play the game for their flocks and, voila, there is some wool for them too. Don't you forget the guard dog was a wolf too, he just made a better deal .

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
I seem to have forgotten that not all members here are grown ups. Its my fault, really.

What the union or other idiots that tell in stories between each other doesn't really matter. "stupid enought to say in front of the union"? :rofl: You simply don't get it! It's about power and it has always been about power. If the union doesn't have enough power to even vote a politician in, how do you imagine they would tell a billionaire what to spend on? While you and the unions are dreaming - why not just take all shares of FIAT and EXOR - I mean they produce the cars and the dream, right? Why did the Agnellis have shares anyways? Because it isn't 'decent' or 'fair' - they have a point!? :sergio: The same shepherds of the union know all this very well and they just play the game for their flocks and, voila, there is some wool for them too. Don't you forget the guard dog was a wolf too, he just made a better deal .
Don't try to look smart because you are not. I'll explain this only for the benefit of other members, since you are completely incapable are grasping even the simplest ideas.

The workers and the unions are obviously using Ronaldo as an excuse to ask for higher salaries but that's not the point. The point is not even whether they deserve higher salaries or whether FIAT can afford it. The question was if they have a logical argument. And the answer is "it depends."

We don't really know yet where the money for Ronaldo is coming from. If the club self finances the deal somehow, then obviously they don't. If the parent company of FIAT, Exor invests in Juve, again they don't. That may be the case although I don't know how that will work with FFP.

The union would have a point if, like I said, FIAT is subsidising a losing business of the parent company, in this case a football club. How could FIAT subsidise Juventus? By paying more than the market price for shirt advertising, for example. If other sponsors unrelated to Exor are willing to pay up to x million per year and FIAT is paying a lot more than that, it's very likely that FIAT is subsidising Juve (on the other hand, if Juve is selling advertising at a below market price to FIAT, then Juve are subsidising them).

I don't like unions and I am not saying that they are right but you they usually protest for a lot more ridiculous reasons. 350m spent on Ronaldo, even if it doesn't come from FIAT, is likely to help their case in terms of PR. The general public is not gonna go into the details.

"stupid enought to say in front of the union"? - even for you it's shocking that you don't get it. Wages are determined by negotiations and public relations and the public image of the company are very important. You think it's a good bargaining strategy to tell your employees or their union, "we are so rich that 20m is pocket change for us, but we are still not gonna give you a raise"? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
hahah you don't know the gist of this story.
First of all they're a small minority not the whole factory.
Then they cry for a wage increase that wouldn't have been given regardless Ronaldo or not.
Thirdly they're in "cassaintegrazione" since years those bastards.
Know what cassaintegrazione is? Basically Italy pay Fiat to keep them on a reduced wage.
Meanwhile they don't work at all!
Basically it's charity. Else if it was for Fiat they would have closed down years ago.
So Italian govt to avoid 7000peoples fired without work prefere to pay them for doing nothing.
Those mongrels get 800-1000euro per month for not working.
And do you know why they're ok with it? because they can find another job to integrate the 800-1000euro they get for doing nothing.
So don't you find it silly for them to ask for a paycheck increase?
BASICALLY THEY WANT MORE MONEY WITHOUT WORKING AT ALL!!!!!

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
hahah you don't know the gist of this story.
First of all they're a small minority not the whole factory.
Then they cry for a wage increase that wouldn't have been given regardless Ronaldo or not.
Thirdly they're in "cassaintegrazione" since years those bastards.
Know what cassaintegrazione is? Basically Italy pay Fiat to keep them on a reduced wage.
Meanwhile they don't work at all!
Basically it's charity. Else if it was for Fiat they would have closed down years ago.
So Italian govt to avoid 7000peoples fired without work prefere to pay them for doing nothing.
Those mongrels get 800-1000euro per month for not working.
And do you know why they're ok with it? because they can find another job to integrate the 800-1000euro they get for doing nothing.
So don't you find it silly for them to ask for a paycheck increase?
BASICALLY THEY WANT MORE MONEY WITHOUT WORKING AT ALL!!!!!
I don't dispute any of that.

Apr 29, 2006
Don't try to look smart because you are not. I'll explain this only for the benefit of other members, since you are completely incapable are grasping even the simplest ideas. ...
You are very confused between politics and business. Logical argument? :rofl: There is simply no logic at all in there.

FIAT can subsidize AUDI and, workers, they can STFU or go elsewhere. If they were important to FIAT - they would have had a bargaining power, just like CR7 does.

If they want to put LAWS that protect all workers, not just them good old union lads, they should have had political representation. But befory the do full SJW or go the Commie way - they better ask themselves what follows NEXT. Are they going to do better in FIAT and their plant? Perhaps they will suddenly turn to F1 engineers or, perhaps, they will simply wither away and die. Since every other (IT) car production company was bankrupt and then FIAT came in I would say they would have starved long ago. Now should they go sing songs to FIAT the savior - no by any means, because its business.

So the only one with the 'PR' job here are the unions. FIAT doesn't need to do anything, but stupidity in the general population is somthing the UNIONS are made to feed off and your moral crusade is a perfect example. Unions should never involve themselves in company management, but its hard to be even more of a vulture than the owners and carry the 'People's champion' mask at the same time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 100)