Paul Pogba (134 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 3, 2014
It won't be easy finding the right formation. Dybala and CR7 seems like a weird mix, as does Pogba with CR7. With Pjanic it could work if you put a Vidal type next to the two of them.

Dybala risks being sacrificed I agree.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk
Yeah it would be difficult:
In order to play them, Ronaldo would probably have to play wide left. Or with Dybala playing as a withdrawn forward, while costa plays as a traditional winger. And yeah, you'd likely need Matuidi to play. Or at least, Can. Bentancur is not athletic enough IMO. Khedira not defensive enough.

So something like:

Ronaldo (Free Role) - Dybala (#9 role) - Costa (Inverted Winger)
or

Costa(Winger)-------Ronaldo(#9 Poacher)-
-----------------------------------------Dybala-(Link up Role/Secondary Striker)----------

MF could either be: Pogba-Can-Pjanic or Pogba-Pjanic-Matuido IMO.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
The only logic:
1) Accounting profit & loss. 60M earns Man U a breakeven wrt to an accounting loss
2) Mino insisted it was included (as a part of the deal) and sold it to Man U on the idea that Juventus has a small club mentality - which Mino himself has expressed.
3) Man U themselves doubt Juventus' willingness to 1) pay the required salary (which is 25% higher than Higuain's) and 2) pay 60M (presumably in 1 payment)
4) Man U arrogantly thought that he would never want to return to Juventus because a) the EPL is bigger with more money b) he won everything in Serie A c) they believe they are a bigger club.

If this was the argument - the chances of Juventus taking the recompra would be low. And honestly: it would require a perfect storm:
a) Pogba not happy at United because a) his brand was damaged b) he doesn't see eye to eye with Mourinho
b) Juventus deciding this is a critical opportunity to invest and grow the brand (via Ronaldo)
c) Juventus making the UCL final another time, and getting very close again the following year.

If the recompra was put in: it would require
a) Juventus willing too pay his wage or Pogba taking a cut (the latter would only happen if he was a complete failure)
b) Pogba's desire to leave.
And quite frankly, at the time of the sale: the conditions were that if a recompra like that was activated it would likely be due to Pogba's performance being very disappointing and his value plummeting. What wouldn't have been considered is that: Pogba might prefer Juventus (after all he 'chose' United), his value hasn't imploded, and that Juventus would be willing to pay him his desired wage (or he'd take a pay cut).

Not saying this is the scenario - but that would be the type of condition where United might agree to a clause like this.
i love you my man. you make everything seem reasonable and possible

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
only reason to be excited about this is if you Think back to his performances here. nothing he has done at MU indicates that he is worth it.

This transfer season is shaping up like shopping in Fifa manager mode tho..

Sendt fra min SM-G930F med Tapatalk

Mar 10, 2009
only reason to be excited about this is if you Think back to his performances here. nothing he has done at MU indicates that he is worth it.

This transfer season is shaping up like shopping in Fifa manager mode tho..

Sendt fra min SM-G930F med Tapatalk

I understand what you're saying. There is a danger of overdoing things. I honestly see the Pogba transfer as being a waste.

Mar 3, 2014
I understand what you're saying. There is a danger of overdoing things. I honestly see the Pogba transfer as being a waste.
On a positive note: he knows the tactics and manager. I'd imagine he'd be easier to integrate than a completely new player. Although, I would worry that having both Ronaldo & Pogba playing limited defense may be an issue hahaha.

Jul 20, 2012
calma chameleon?

:snoop:
Boy George :agree:

- - - Updated - - -

Plz

- - - Updated - - -

I have a sneaky suspicion that with Ronaldo leading the team, Pogba would elevate his game.

He needs to be in the shadow of someone better (i.e. Vidal/Pirlo) for him to have his ego in check.

Bring.Him.Back

#Bringourboyhome
Exactly, and he would Excel cause he would our first line of attack basically

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 129)