Paul Pogba (73 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mirko

Aug 29, 2012
The problem is he just doesn't engage himself. Invisible for long long stretches. He was invisible even against Udinese for long streches.

Until he gains what he needs (confidence/tactical knowledge/... ?) he is a liability. Like playing with 10 men for 9/10 of the match. He has huge redeming properties in his long range shooting, long rage passing and heading. But I don't think this pluses overway the negatives yet. Everything will be different when Asamoah returns, but for now he should be on the bench. Play him when we need a goal otherwise Padoin/Giaccherini are better choices.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I agree with Lion about his positioning, he gotta work on it.
yeah i am not expecting him to have pirlo/xavi style movment but ffs when there 5 meters of space in front of you, and you can see bonucci and caceres desperartly looking for omeone to pass the ball 2 that is not man marked, then move into space. don't just stand waving your arm around

Mirko

Aug 29, 2012
No mistakes per say and actually even a good pass or two. But the problem is he just drifts out of games. If Marchisio was critized for that Pogba should be too. Talent is there for all to see, but he just isn't there the whole match and the team suffers for it.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
He didn't really drift out of the match. He was pretty much stringing together passes consistently all night long, even more so than Marchisio. If some want him to take more risks, then fine, but perhaps Conte doesn't want that.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
from what I saw he was still the best midfielder out there so whoever is dissing him, I offer you a most wholeheartedly howler smiley :howler:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Bossed the first 30 minutes or so, went into Casper mode until the half time whistle. Not so flashy in the second, mostly static.

frick

Apr 4, 2010
What mistakes did Pogba make today?
He lost the ball a couple of times unnecessarily. Losing the ball on his position is more fatal since he's playing right in front of our own defense. I understand he's trying to emulate Pirlo's role but he finally toned it down as the match progressed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 63)