Paul Pogba - CM - Manchester United (68 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mukumsplau

Jul 9, 2008
i still think he can play that role in front the defense..that was mostly where he was positioned when i saw clips of him playing for manu senior team..of course there is only one pirlo..but im sure pogba can play that position..

I am John

The Anallist
May 1, 2012
i still think he can play that role in front the defense..that was mostly where he was positioned when i saw clips of him playing for manu senior team..of course there is only one pirlo..but im sure pogba can play that position..
of course he can play in front of the defense, but he'll be more Vieira-ish than to play a deep lying playmaker like Pirlo.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
true, esp after already spending 32mil for two new CMs
Yep.

Even after selling 2. Makes sense. Get rid of 2 medicore ones and bring one great replacement for depth and 1 with mass potential to be the next big thing.

But hey, planning for the future is only something that happens in football manager.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Yep.

Even after selling 2. Makes sense. Get rid of 2 medicore ones and bring one great replacement for depth and 1 with mass potential to be the next big thing.

But hey, planning for the future is only something that happens in football manager.
Planning for the future doesnt seem to be out thing.
We buy new CMs and SSs each and every year for 8 consecutive seasons.
I hoped that he have learned smth and go for a Pogba or a Veratti this time, but no, we prefered 2 16mil subs again...
an Asamoah and Maronne or Pogba/Veratti would be a balanced approach, as it would secure both depth and future, but we are that short sighted...

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Planning for the future doesnt seem to be out thing.
We buy new CMs and SSs each and every year for 8 consecutive seasons.
I hoped that he have learned smth and go for a Pogba or a Veratti this time, but no, we prefered 2 16mil subs again...
an Asamoah and Maronne or Pogba/Veratti would be a balanced approach, as it would secure both depth and future, but we are that short sighted...
*sigh*...here.I.go...

Melo, Aquilani, Marchisio, Pepe, Diego < Pirlo, Vidal, Marchisio, Padoin, Asamoah, Isla, Verratti, Pogba, Marrone

It isn't rocket science. From the past coaches who failed to Conte and his gameplan for depth and quality AND quantity I'd say bring in some new blood like Veratti, Pogba and Asamoah is freaking amazing. The strength and quality of the midfield is what wins a title and a teams ability to compete in numerous competitions.

Plus finally selling those that won't give us anything anymore: Melo, Padoin hopefully and Pazienza will give us funds to add quality and hopefully included in deals to bring us better players like Asamoah & Isla.

Someone who looks so much into the "why" I would think you would see this. We played with a 433 and a 352...two formations loaded with CM's. Why is it so hard to grasp why we need depth here? Man, we will have a midfield for the NOW and the FUTURE. Our midfield will be unrivaled in Italy should we land our targets...not to mention us looking for a top attacker.

Just because the attacker isn't the first purchase before the damn window even opens doesn't mean we aren't after one or that it isn't a priority.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Fill in the spots necessary for depth, both in quality and quantity (Asamoah, Isla, and hoepfully Verratti) prior to the transfer market officially opening, and then concentrate on the Top Player (s), during the actual transfer window.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
It's also much smarter to go for cheaper CMs first because they will be more in demand and we might miss out if we don't get them quick but there are only a few teams looking to spend €25m-30m+ on a striker.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Since the days we were adding Tiagos and Almirons, more or less the same excuses were used.
Every single time slightly changed to become a bit more credible.
I thought then when we finally win the madness will end.
But unfortunately it is not the case.
We were still looking for a better Lb, a better cb and a better cf, when we were buying Memo for 25 mil and then Sissoko for 15.
Every year we were first buying cm with empty hope that we will focus on lb, cb and cf some time later.

But guess what, they never joined us and in every transfer window it was proved that the biggest amount of our transfer budget was spend on the cms, then an opportunity Target SS, who is unable to replace treze as our main scorer...

And after the bulk of the budget and time is spend on cms and SSs, we only buy cheap free fillers.
Imagine now, we had a winning formula, already decent depth on maronne and melo, just one of pogba veratti and a verbal agreament with the other would be enough and yet here we are again, a 30mil investment for subs, still playing with grosso, dc and a loaned CF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 61)