Patrick Vieira (3 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Vieira has been our best player thus far in the season. I don't recall one terrible mistake the guy has made and his passing and ball control in midfield has been world class. In today's match nobody could take the ball from him and he was skipping past defenders in midfield like they were not even there...I think we have finally found a replacement for Davids.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Vieira has been our best player thus far in the season. I don't recall one terrible mistake the guy has made and his passing and ball control in midfield has been world class. In today's match nobody could take the ball from him and he was skipping past defenders in midfield like they were not even there...I think we have finally found a replacement for Davids.
He is outshining Emerson in every aspect of the game. I am very glad we have such a player.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I've been greatly impressed with Vieira since he arrived. All class and hasn't missed a beat. I just hope we don't let his standards down too much as the year progresses. :sigh:

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++

He is outshining Emerson in every aspect of the game. I am very glad we have such a player.
I wouldn't be so quick to discredit Emerson though.Emerson's doing for Vieira what Dacourt did for him at Roma, staying back and doing the dirty work while freeing him up for forward runs.

Similarly Dacourt got alot less of the plaudits; cleaning up is often a much less glamorous and harder job to do.That's not to say I disagree about Vieira though.He's certainly looking like a player fit to be on Moggi's all time greatest transfers list - and that's saying alot.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I used to think Vieira and Emerson had about the same abilities, however it's quite that the former is better with the ball at his feet...the way he has been able to slip past opponents in midfield is really exceptional. Nobody could touch him today against Udinese, and they have some great young players in midfield with Obodo and Sulley Muntari.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
He's certainly looking like a player fit to be on Moggi's all time greatest transfers list - and that's saying alot.

Too bad Moggi's other all time great signing is cosying up to the bench.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Veira is very good in holding the ball and moving forward and scoring from headers , emerson cant do except holding and defending.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++

I wouldn't be so quick to discredit Emerson though.Emerson's doing for Vieira what Dacourt did for him at Roma, staying back and doing the dirty work while freeing him up for forward runs.

Similarly Dacourt got alot less of the plaudits; cleaning up is often a much less glamorous and harder job to do.That's not to say I disagree about Vieira though.He's certainly looking like a player fit to be on Moggi's all time greatest transfers list - and that's saying alot.
I did not discredit Emerson at all, however I gave Vieira more credit..consider me generous :D

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
I would like to see Emerson going forward more often. He is a much better passer then Vieira, so he could 'launch' players like Mutu or Ibrahimovic with his trough balls.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I was sure about Vieira,
he was my dream target so many years,
the same goes for Canna,
i live some happy days,

for the last4-5years i was dreaming to get Canna/Vieira/Cafu
Moggi made me 2gifts out of3, i m very pleased,
as i told u they day we signed him, we have now a great team,
prepare for big things,
even offensively we will be another team,
Neddy will be avantaged too,
my dreams become true...:D

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Yes in his Parma days, and I actually predicted that he would be here during his ban. I was happy that he was here, but then Capello's reluctance to let him play is really letting me down.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Mr. Gol ] ++
I would like to see Emerson going forward more often. He is a much better passer then Vieira, so he could 'launch' players like Mutu or Ibrahimovic with his trough balls.
I'm not sure if I agree with that. IMO Vieira is the better player going forward, and also stringing passes together around the pitch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)