Patrick Vieira (7 Viewers)

venom

Oct 22, 2003
I don't see the prices that relevant as it's Chelsea, they're able to pay those fees. I also believe Essien and SWP would've been much cheaper if it weren't Chelsea as there seems to be some sort of Chelsea-extra in fees.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
What's Mellberg doing this far from his own goal? We can't see his face, but I'm sure he looks surprised to see that there is a goal on the other side of the pitch as well :D

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
Vieira went stale
by Paul Higham - created on 11 Sep 2005

Patrick Vieira says he has a much greater chance of conquering Europe with Juventus than at Arsenal, whilst also saying he went stale at Highbury.

The French midfielder joined Juve for £13.5 million during the summer and the former Arsenal skipper has hit out at his old side.

Vieira says he has much more of a chance of landing the UEFA Champions League now he has swapped North London for Turin.

"At least on paper, I think I have a better chance of winning the Champions League with Juventus," said Vieira.

"Our squad is very strong. Very often there are two internationals competing for each place in the team."

Vieira says that he feels more pressure to win things at Juventus, adding that he had gone stale in the past couple of years at Arsene Wenger's side.

"There's a pressure here in Turin, a pressure on people to win, a determination in the air and in the environment that I hadn't felt in a long time at Arsenal.

"I have an excellent midfield partner with Emerson and we have a very strong midfield.

"Most of all, though, there's such a will to win here because Juventus are so used to winning.

"I feel pressure on me to do well and that hadn't happened in a while at Arsenal.

"I wasn't at my best over the last two years but each time my form has dipped I've been capable of pulling myself back up again.

"I needed a new challenge."

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Mr. Gol ] ++
What's Mellberg doing this far from his own goal? We can't see his face, but I'm sure he looks surprised to see that there is a goal on the other side of the pitch as well :D
I'm more interested in that "dump" of players over there, players in yellow and blue shirts toppling over each other. :D

nielsen

Aug 14, 2005
vieiraaa oooooooooooooooooo
vieiraaa oooooooooooooooooo
he's from the senegal but he plays for juventus!!!!!

forza vieira
big big performance from this guy against empoli...

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Vieira believes in Euro glory Monday 12 September, 2005

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Patrick Vieira has conceded that his move to Juventus will finally offer him a realistic shot at Champions League glory.

The Frenchman had failed to make a serious European challenge while at Arsenal before his £14m summer switch to Turin.

Now the international, who will appear against Brugge on Wednesday, believes that could all change following his decision to return to Serie A.

"I think I have a better chance of winning the Champions League with Juventus, at least on paper," said Vieira following his goal against Empoli.

"Our squad is very strong. Very often there are two internationals competing for each place in the team."

The former Milan flop added that he believes he is in the right surroundings to get his hands on much more silverware in his already glittering career.

"There's a pressure to win here, a determination in the air and in the environment that I hadn't felt in a long time at Arsenal," he continued.

Vieira is starting to settle at the Stadio Delle Alpi and he admits his switch has given him renewed focus.

"I needed a new challenge," he explained. "I wasn't at my best over the last two years.

"However, each time my form has dipped I've been capable of pulling myself back up again."

source: channel4.com

OP
/usr/bin
Mar 6, 2005
  • Thread Starter #176
    ++ [ originally posted by Mr. Gol ] ++
    I'm sorry but I'm afraid I'm going to have to burst your bubble, there..

That shot was taken from a corner kick.. center backs usually go forward during those..

:D

Shixian

Sep 4, 2005
    Anyone noticed the patch on Paddy's chest everytime? (it can be seen in the pic of post #166 by gray.) My friend, who is a Arsenal fan, told me it is Viks.
    I thought it was kinda weird. Maybe he put there to aid him to breathe better? :rolleyes:

Gep

The Guv'nor
    Jun 12, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by sH][x][aN ] ++
    Anyone noticed the patch on Paddy's chest everytime? (it can be seen in the pic of post #166 by gray.) My friend, who is a Arsenal fan, told me it is Viks.
    I thought it was kinda weird. Maybe he put there to aid him to breathe better? :rolleyes:
    Paddy was one of the first people ever to put vicks on his shirt in the premiership, then everyone else followed. I do the same when i play for my club, the dam thing works -trust me! especially when you run for ages then think you cannot run no more, take a sniff of that and your away again, Good stuff!!:D Helps you breathe more easily.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)