Patrice Evra - LB - Manchester United (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
would he be on a free? i'd take him on a free. he's slowed down quite a bit, but manu's organizational play has mdade their defense look much worse than it is

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
nice. a one year deal to free up funds to sign other areas. it also means we can finally have someone that offers the same style of play in midfield to vidal with asa being there. plus asa's AFC absence will be less felt if he is a midfielder instead of a lb.

and evra brings valuable CL experience.

- - - Updated - - -

still i would not mind lulic here. hopefully we can trade quag + peluso for lulic

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Evra is literally the player I hate the most in all of football. Plus he's old, would come on huge wages and his past season was already awful.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Meh. At least he's not Balotelli-like. It's better if it's just words.

What he offers on the pitch is far more important. He was (hopefully still is) a great LB.
That's the thing though. I've seen quite a lot of United this season, mainly to laugh at their misfortune, and while he admittedly had some good plays offensively, his defending was horrible pretty much all the time. I know that Uniteds organisation this year didn't exactly let much room for a defender to shine, but his performances were still very, very weak.
Adapting to a new league at his age has proven to be rather problematic for other players as well in the past.

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #96
    That's the thing though. I've seen quite a lot of United this season, mainly to laugh at their misfortune, and while he admittedly had some good plays offensively, his defending was horrible pretty much all the time. I know that Uniteds organisation this year didn't exactly let much room for a defender to shine, but his performances were still very, very weak.
    Adapting to a new league at his age has proven to be rather problematic for other players as well in the past.
    This is the thing actually. Like always, people only focus on the current situation, yet forget many years in the past. Pretty much same goes for Nani, nowadays nobody remembers and mentions how great he was for 3 seasons at Manchester.

Evra used to be the best LB out there. Sure, he's old(er) now, but for a free transfer it might help us a huge deal now if we're changing the formation.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #98
    It had nothing to do with players' quality. We couldn't beat Copenhagen, that says enough. Our one player is worth more than their whole team even at this point.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)