Pasqual (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Yes Espectro's right, that was Pasquale,.

Anyway, I really think we're getting Manuel Pasqual. We've been linked with him throughout the entire season. He's a good leftback. Pasqual's a bit like both Balzaretti and Chiellini going forward, though with Pasqual actually having the ability to cross well, an ability that makes him valuable. I like him as a player. That all being said, he's far from a necessitiy and spending our money in other places first would be more wise.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Nice acquisition if it is true. This probably means either Balzaretti or Chiellini is on the way out, probably the latter because of his somewhat higher market value. We won't have Zebina nor Pessotto next season either so hopefully a new RB is purchased as well.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Pasqual is better than Chiellini but do we really need him? Rather than buying a left back and moving Zambrotta over to the right I think we should acquire a right-sided defender and leave Gianluca on the left, he's much better there.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
So we are getting Pasqual and sending back Chiellini... nest year we willl sedn Pasqual back and bring the new youngster that will play for Fiorentina...

:D

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
True John, this transfer is far from neceassary. Though I like the idea of us looking at some younger, not yet valued players again; such as Pasqual and the already purchased Marchionni. Players that still have the will to prove themselves.

Jul 28, 2002
Dominic said:
True John, this transfer is far from neceassary. Though I like the idea of us looking at some younger, not yet valued players again; such as Pasqual and the already purchased Marchionni. Players that still have the will to prove themselves.
As usual the voice of reason mate.

I agree they need the hunger, and i like the idea we are looking at younger players. But do they all have to play left back, where our best player already plays?

Imho its purely more of moggi's legendary predatory bargain hunting.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
I don't get it, we have Balza, Chiellini and the best LB in the world. Why Pasqual? We also have Molinaro and Mantovani o loan.

If we want to bring young blood in certanly not for the LB position but for CB and CM.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
mark77 said:
I don't get it, we have Balza, Chiellini and the best LB in the world. Why Pasqual? We also have Molinaro and Mantovani o loan.

If we want to bring young blood in certanly not for the LB position but for CB and CM.
Maybe Zambrotta is being sold to cash in for some other positions.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Seriously though, the acquisition of Pasqual is far from necessary. He's a good young player but why on earth are we looking to sign a left back when we already have Zambrotta, Balzaretti and Chiellini? I say sell Chiellini or use him as a pawn in a move for Mexes and buy a right back.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Pasqual awaits Fiorentina fate

Fiorentina full-back Manuel Pasqual confirms he is waiting to hear whether he’ll spend next season at Juventus.

I am waiting to hear news on my future. I know that Fiorentina will do everything they can to keep me, as that is what Andrea Della Valle said, but we aren’t sure how Arezzo President Mancini will act,” explained the defender.

Pasqual is co-owned by the Viola and Arezzo, but there are strong reports the Serie B outfit will sell its 50 per cent of his contract to Juventus.

If the two clubs are then unable to reach an agreement, his ownership will go to a blind auction, where Juve and Fiorentina put a figure into a sealed envelope and the highest bid wins.

The Tuscan side is not eager to enter into this situation, as they lost Fabrizio Miccoli and Enzo Maresca in the same fashion last summer.

I am in the middle and looking around for news from Fiorentina and Arezzo, but I’m not searching for anything else. Towards the end of June we’ll have to go to a blind auction and I hope a deal can be struck before then.”

The Stadio Artemio Franchi club is under investigation as part of the wide-ranging inquest into alleged match-fixing and collusion with referees, so the risk of docked points or even relegation is hanging over their heads just days after celebrating a Champions League preliminary round place.

Della Valle assured us that the club will take care of it and we needn’t worry about anything. If Fiorentina were penalised, though, I’d be totally tied to the squad, even if it meant going into Serie B.”

The price-tag of 24-year-old Pasqual has shot up over the past year, as a fine Serie A season has seen him earn an Azzurri cap.

Channel4

--------------------------------------------------------------

This man doesn't like us...

Why am I not surprised??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)