Paris attacks (12 Viewers)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Why are you that sure that the plane was in Syrian sky?
The plane was shot down and crashed 4 kilometers from the border, by a turkey F-16 air to air missle. Because they ignored the warnings, and they didnt knew it was a russian plane

Turkey knew fully well it was a bomber from its signature and velocity. They could easely intercept in above their own ground and make visual contact. They could have very easely seen that it was a russian plane by the huge red star on the tailwings.

The missles on that F-16 got a range of nearly 20km. If Russia's story is accurate and the closest it got to the border was still 2-3km in syrian airspace, then it would have been very easy to take it down while staying in their own airzone.

Erdogan also said that "there are no rebels at the border, so bombing the border is bombing turkmen".

Buy on AliExpress.com

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
The plane was shot down and crashed 4 kilometers from the border, by a turkey F-16 air to air missle. Because they ignored the warnings, and they didnt knew it was a russian plane

Turkey knew fully well it was a bomber from its signature and velocity. They could easely intercept in above their own ground and make visual contact. They could have very easely seen that it was a russian plane by the huge red star on the tailwings.

The missles on that F-16 got a range of nearly 20km. If Russia's story is accurate and the closest it got to the border was still 2-3km in syrian airspace, then it would have been very easy to take it down while staying in their own airzone.

Erdogan also said that "there are no rebels at the border, so bombing the border is bombing turkmen".
But Turks were always warning Russian planes to stop going to that area during the previous period. Russians insisted to enter the Turkish sky just to prove they can do whatever they want there. Typical arrogance.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Won't be too surprised if the PKK find some T-90 that fell of a truck :klin:
Considering Ukraine, if the russians want to bleed someone who opposed them, they did that properly.

2S19 and 9A52-4 would make more sense then an T-90. But why not go big and give them a few of those 3

- - - Updated - - -

But Turks were always warning Russian planes to stop going to that area during the previous period. Russians insisted to enter the Turkish sky just to prove they can do whatever they want there. Typical arrogance.
Russia is arrogant, but wasent wrong here.

Turkey shot down a plane above a different country, 4km from the border. Erdogan said "there were no rebels at the border, only turkman".

So who shot down the pilot and one of the marines of the resque team ? :klin:

Erdogan is arrogant and a fool.

Remember Ukraine ? Russia took back the krim when the westeren puppydogs and amerika were fully against it, trafficed a huge load of military hardware and soldiers into ukraine, and went on a rampage as "ukraine rebels".

I'm eighter expected a big contribution to kurds or PKK or whatever anty turkish nation, or a "malfunctional cruise missle" to land somewhere across the border.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Why does nato still exist? That right there is the biggest problem
Because when america decides to invade and bomb a country to shit, europe first wants to talk about it and say "no", after wich the americans do it anyway, and with the tail between the legs, europe follows.

Its a way for the US to establish domminance amongst the westeren nations.

Oh and europe has a nonexistant military force, so when we actually get trouble, we can ask the US to bomb it

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
That has nothing to do with nato my friend, you might have mistaken it for UN security counsel, nato has been obsolete for a while and quite frankly a clear provocation to Russians, there's no way the US would accept Canada and Mexico part of some coalition with very obvious differing geopolitical interests

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Russia is arrogant, but wasent wrong here.
I disagree, if you fly over national borders in this kind of heated situation without permission then Turkey has a right to open fire. That could be any plane, Syrian, Kurd or other that encroaches. The problem is the lack of cooperation and dialogue between Russia and Turkey. This wouldn't happen between the US and Turkey, for obvious reasons, barring some kind of huge error.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
I disagree, if you fly over national borders in this kind of heated situation without permission then Turkey has a right to open fire. That could be any plane, Syrian, Kurd or other that encroaches. The problem is the lack of cooperation and dialogue between Russia and Turkey. This wouldn't happen between the US and Turkey, for obvious reasons, barring some kind of huge error.
How do you expect cooperation between Turkey and Russia, when Russia attacks ''moderate'' Al-qaeda turkomans and Turkey protects them?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
How do you expect cooperation between Turkey and Russia, when Russia attacks ''moderate'' Al-qaeda turkomans and Turkey protects them?
I don't expect it, because they have conflicting interests. Historically I don't think there is too much love lost, although the period since the Cold War up until now was better.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Turkey violated greek borders 2242 times this year.
How many planes were shot down ?

"greek is to poor to fuel their fighters" is not an answer !

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Turkey violated greek borders 2242 times this year.
How many planes were shot down ?

"greek is to poor to fuel their fighters" is not an answer !
I didn't even know they had fighters :D

Greece isn't currently on the border of a regional war. Russian jets and bombers come to the edge of British airspace all the time, it's a regular 'testing' of defences.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I didn't even know they had fighters :D

Greece isn't currently on the border of a regional war. Russian jets and bombers come to the edge of British airspace all the time, it's a regular 'testing' of defences.
Yeah.

Small note. That turkish F-16 that shot down the russian plane, crossed syrian border to shoot down the plane that was flying away from the border itself

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)