Paris attacks (9 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Tourists in Antwerp called the police because they saw a man acting suspiciously in a hotel. The police rushed to the scene and recognised the man immediately.

It was friggin' Nainggolan
You're kidding? :lol:

You just have to take the core lessons and try and critically look at what has branched out from them, I for example, interpret Taxation and Welfare policy as thought by Jesus to prohibit Welfare without work in it, and to be a proponent of progressive taxation which obviously makes me Unchristian to both lefty and righty Christians :andyandbarcelona:

Yes, ISIS is just an 'Arab Liberation phase' run by insane people. There is a concurrent Arab Liberation phase which would ideally like a peaceful settlement but also advocates war more often as time goes on. The problem is the second can unwillingly feed the first and is not wholly blameless.

Telling your son to fight against external oppressors is fine, but not when the only successful reference point he has is ISIS, because then he'll join ISIS basically.
I completely agree with you on that, no arguments there, I myself think that there is no other solution right now unfortunately in Syria other than dealing with Assad as the best of the worst, he is still a less worse alternative than ISIS.

However with that being said, the point is, that kind of context is important. You're obviously very well informed about middle eastern affairs so this doesn't apply to you, but to your average western person that graph will make him really think that a country like Syria is full of extremists, when it really isn't, far from it actually. That's what I meant when I said it lacked nuance.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
You're kidding? :lol:

I completely agree with you on that, no arguments there, I myself think that there is no other solution right now unfortunately in Syria other than dealing with Assad as the best of the worst, he is still a less worse alternative than ISIS.

However with that being said, the point is, that kind of context is important. You're obviously very well informed about middle eastern affairs so this doesn't apply to you, but to your average western person that graph will make him really think that a country like Syria is full of extremists, when it really isn't, far from it actually. That's what I meant when I said it lacked nuance.
True, also the sample will be skewed for Syria guaranteed due to the fact that, well, most of the Syrians aren't there any more.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
You're kidding?

I wish.. He was in the company of an actor (known in Belgium and France, maybe not beyond that although he has featured in Hollywood films) and some friends. It's sort of funny but also very sad if you think about it. Cops took a selfie with Nainggolan after.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Yep, that's true. The process is already in place.
So is this mostly the case of people being ignorant of the existence of this process? Including politicians? Because it seems like people are contending that the US will have to allow 10,000 refugees with only a few months to vett them which isn't the case at all.
Again, from what I understand the problem is the lack of information for vetting Syrians specifically. As in, the lack of information tied to each person. For the millionth time no one is seriously considering stopping all Syrian refugees it's the process or our systems inability to know as much as we can about each refugee.

And yes I already posted a Time mag link about the length of time (18-24 months).

And I highly doubt State governors know less about how the system works than any of us.

I do agree partially with Enron that some are probably using this for political gain. All one needs to do is see how Trump is gaining because of what happened in Paris. I even said the day it happened that Trump would surge.

Sorry for taking so long to respond I just saw your mention.

- - - Updated - - -
@Post Ironic see below

http://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/refugees-asylum/refugees

- - - Updated - - -

And

http://www.uscis.gov/iframe/ilink/docView/SLB/HTML/SLB/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-29/0-0-0-101/0-0-0-195.html

mondo1

May 14, 2006
@DAiDEViL
Shits going on in munich now
8 suspects with Police uniform and gas bottles in a Hotel room..
Most are on the run with a Bmw 3er @lgorTudor
Is there a more typical car

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)