Paris attacks (12 Viewers)

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I understand what Andy is saying, but the States cannot wash their hands and say it's someone else's problem now. You reap what you sew in regards to the refugees. The world will pay for the 2 Bush administrations for a very, very long time.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
@Ocelot true.

But I guess it could help in solving the bigger problem.These people are not born to fight with
explosives and other weapons.They undergo training in Syria.They come back as trained individuals.This is obviously not possible in countries like France and such.
As we know, a lot of people are being recruited online so those supporting pro-IS propaganda should be closely monitored and suspicious people should be quickly identified.
For example a couple from India who I assume were radicalized were stopped from going to Syria.After a broader research it was learnt that the woman(couple) was recruiting people online and was subsequently arrested.
Most of the attackers involved in the Paris attack had been to Syria.
It's not a definitive cure but just preventive measures.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I don't have an obligation to ship them in and provide them free everything since I've been against all the wars and foreign intervention since day one. I've known about the Obama administration/intelligence networks funding rebel Jihadis across Northern Africa and the Middle East for a while now, so this is a predictable result. Why didn't the "caring Liberals" think about this before they began these campaigns in Libya? These were not my decisions, nor the decision of the "average Joe" across the land. I'm actually for shipping Syrian refugees in as long as they can stay at the mansions of Hillary Clinton, Obama, the Bush family, and the rest of the crew that caused this to happen, using 100% of their own money to give these folks a home.

If this is not an option, then I'm sorry. We have far too many problems from an economic perspective to usher in thousands of refugees funded by an already strapped taxpayer and government. What should occur is that 1) the US government immediately abandons funding various rebel factions in the middle east 2) about half of the military bases around the world are shut down 3) the US leads, with Russia, a massive bombing campaign against ISIS in Syria and Iraq 4) let Assad know that if he continues to wage war against his own people (other than ISIS) then he will be sanctioned economically 5) increase real intelligence operations in the region that doesn't involve funding people who hate us.
Sure you don't have to put them in your backyard, I understand that and I understand that you hold no responsibility of the decisions your governments is/are taking and that's why I was pointing this at your governments and not individuals. Either help them put the an end to the fire they were part of it, or don't close your doors (as in States) in their faces.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
The US should take at least half of the refugees. If it wasn't for their freaking interventions and "we are the world police", this crisis wouldn't be as bad as it is now. What did they gain when bombing lybia, Syria and co? They got rid of a dictator? Only for terrorist to claim the political power. Great work. And now they detract form the responsibility. The US has its economical issues ? Well guess what, so does Europe too.
You want us to take refugees? I only have one thing to say to that... 911.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Our Nation security and intelligence service (Säpo) raised our alert level to 4 out of 5 just now :p Apparently received some intel of an individual returning from training in Syria with the expressed purpose staging an attack in the capital. Probably will turn out to be nothing, but good to be prepared, even if our police force usually is completely so not prepared for most things.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
It's from a liberal source so it's not got any hawkish agenda, I'd be inclined to accept that their methodology is sound.
How do you objectively define "ISIS supporters"? How do you put together a random sample size of tweets that specifically only include those so called "ISIS supporters"? And in what way would such a statistics even mean anyways, seeing as it says probably much more about twitter and social media usage than ISIS support?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
How do you objectively define "ISIS supporters"? How do you put together a random sample size of tweets that specifically only include those so called "ISIS supporters"? And in what way would such a statistics even mean anyways, seeing as it says probably much more about twitter and social media usage than ISIS support?
Tbh this is all so complex in terms of legal issues, safety concerns and socioeconomic structures that you almost get depressed trying to come up with solutions.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Obviously I will disagree. The cop-out is accepting whatever crap is thrown your way just because Obama is "The President", or "that's just the way it is." This passiveness in accepting our fate is the real reason why we are a failure, not individualism or free-thinking. If it was up to the Democrats/Leftists, we would all be running around yelling "Fuck Paris" like some elements of the Black Lives Matter crew. At the end of the day, the political class needs to pay for their crimes, not the general population. If that can't be the case, then we have a banana republic.
We could take the extreme and round up all the politically liable elected officials, round them up, and then execute them to hold them accountable for their actions. Then what? What does that solve? The Syrians are still f'ed and migrating in massive waves, ISIS is still beheading and blowing up people, etc. Maybe it makes a few people feel better with "Take that, I told you so"s, but other than appeasing some smugness that offers very little improvement relative to the predicament the world is now in.

That's not saying people shouldn't be held accountable, but that's also hindsight. That doesn't change the current circumstances. People in the U.S. military don't just say, "Oh, I quit" and go AWOL because they didn't vote for the guy (or woman) who got voted president. That's absurd.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
chartoftheday_3326_Where_are_ISIS_supporters_tweeting_from_n.jpg

No Surprises there then...
good thing we are selling tanks to Saudi Arabia @DAiDEViL

A few days ago on a talkshow there were Ulrich Wickert and Uschi Von der Leyen. Wickert suggested to start cutting off ISIS' diplomatic connections and Uschi responded that we would not solve the conflict by adding more conflict. :lol: Meanwhile selling tanks
Forza arm industry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)