Paris attacks (10 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
what I am saying is that when you are splitting hairs, like you did, you know you are already hunting for excuses.

do you honestly believe that the questions of said survey were so treacherous and ill-conceived that the real number of ISIS supporters, to one extent or another, is 4000 as opposed to 40+ mil. Trying to look for excuses in fine-tuning how the questions may have been worded or not is only relevant (to an extent) in say figuring out if a person is willing to go fight for ISIS (or commit atrocities on their behalf) or just supports their ideology, in general. A level of support is present either way and that's the part that matters.

And I am not married to the 42 mil number either - even if the real number is only 1/4th of that, that would already be a cause for concern.

So, unless you are claiming that the survey consisted of asking a blind person to push one of two really, really closely-spaced buttons, yes, you are splitting hairs in looking for an excuse. At some point, you just have to accept that things are what they are and the world is not this beautiful place with rivers made out of honey.
Look at the countries that were surveyed, i am not surprised by the results at all. I'll give you a hint, remember how Germany voted for Hitler. Context is important.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Look at the countries that were surveyed, i am not surprised by the results at all. I'll give you a hint, remember how Germany voted for Hitler. Context is important.
you made my point for me by virtue of that example you just gave as a reference point.

and which countries were they supposed to survey? New Zealand? Japan?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Because that's too easy.
What do you mean?

you made my point for me by virtue of that example you just gave as a reference point.

and which countries were they supposed to survey? New Zealand? Japan?
What I'm saying is, you're administering a survey in a country like Syria that has been in a civil war for 4 years now, with the ruling government being responsible for a couple of hundred thousand deaths so far. Are you really surprised that some people in that country have an emotional response to support the "other side" of the conflict. To me and you ISIS is the worst thing to happen to this world, to a Syrian who lost his brother to the asssad regime and had his uncle tortured in the regimes torture chambers, suddenly ISIS sounds like a good alternative.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Those surveys are BS. The problem is not Islam as the problem is not Buddhism for the Burma riots in 2013. It is an easy target - yes, but things are much more complicated. Although I would like to find an easy enemy to put my disgust into. Terrible events, I really feel bad for the victims.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
France is also one of the leaders in disenfranchising large groups of it's own citizens. This, is most likely the the culprit and will be until France starts accepting all of it's citizens as equals.
This. It has little to do with recent immigrants.
How so? Are you for open borders as well?

You originally stated yourself that you wanted the migrants to perish since it's a huge burden on Europe. Now, that doesn't mean that the migrants carried out this attack, but what would you say is the problem and how do you fix it?

Never said that. But most likely they are Islamic terrorists.
Ideally I am for completely open borders. I'm not sure if that could work in the world today and I think it wouldn't. But from a moral perspective I definitely am. The migrants are a burden but if you don't give shelter to people who are running away from war something is very wrong.

The reason I call bullshit on your posts is that Europe tends to give people shelter but is poor at assimilating them into society. I don't think recent immigrants did this, I think actually French citizens are responsible.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
Her brother is playing a game for the national team, and she went to see a concert?
If my brother were playing for the national team id chose to go see the Eagles, rad band. I skipped my cousin winning at the olympics though to go get coffee so I'm probably not the best example.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)