Paris attacks (4 Viewers)

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
French already killed hundreds of civilians since the attack. Russians are killing everyone who opposes assad(approximately %80 of the Syria). In Bangladesh, state are executing Muslim leaders everyday, in Egypt, a freemason dictator stole the country by using force and killed thousands of protesters. The very same butcher who is welcomed in England weeks ago. Are you against every kind of terror or are you simply saying that my terrorist is good yours is bad?
We have a an old Arab phrase that says "people of Macca knows better about its roads and valleys" which pretty much means you can't really know about a country, city or a village if you looked from the outside in. Unless you live in that country you wouldn't know.

I have a plenty of Egyptian friends who are pro-Sissi and who are 100% against their ex-president and the member of the Muslims brotherhood who was pretty close to throwing Egypt into a devastating civil war. So you might call him a dictator but he's actually loved by many of his own people (and freely elected by the way).

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
A week before the attack, my girlfriend and I planned a 3 day trip to paris the week before christmas as we are 6years togheter then.

Still going. Fuck fear mongering.
Hey, a week before the attack my wife and I booked a trip to Raqqa to celebrate our anniversary.

Still going. Fuck fear mongering. :tup:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Hey, a week before the attack my wife and I booked a trip to Raqqa to celebrate our anniversary.

Still going. Fuck fear mongering. :tup:
Dont be that guy swag :D

Apparently, about 25-50% of the planned trips to paris in november/december were cancelled according to tour operators. We planned via Nekkerman and they had a cancellation rate of around 50% aswel.
Its ridiculous. There is barely any reason not to go.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

Apparently, about 25-50% of the planned trips to paris in november/december were cancelled according to tour operators. We planned via Nekkerman and they had a cancellation rate of around 50% aswel.
:D No, I think it's fine that you're going. If anything, Paris has been through a lot worse and is still there and doing quite well for itself, thank you very much. Have a great time. Sorry to hear so many people are simply wimping out -- as if their own home cities are that much safer.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

Except of course that the streets will be empty and a feeling of panic has taken over the city. Rather than romantic that sounds creepy. Nothing will happen, but it'll feel weird.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
:D No, I think it's fine that you're going. If anything, Paris has been through a lot worse and is still there and doing quite well for itself, thank you very much. Have a great time. Sorry to hear so many people are simply wimping out -- as if their own home cities are that much safer.
Well actually, according to our national security, brussels (30km from here) is in level 4 (military on the street, schools closed, no people gathering, no big events), and where i live its level 4 secutiry alert. So paris is safer :tongue:

I'm thinking of going to brussels tomorrow and do some sight seeing. Its ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

Well actually, according to our national security, brussels (30km from here) is in level 4 (military on the street, schools closed, no people gathering, no big events), and where i live its level 4 secutiry alert. So paris is safer :tongue:

I'm thinking of going to brussels tomorrow and do some sight seeing. Its ridiculous.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Except of course that the streets will be empty and a feeling of panic has taken over the city. Rather than romantic that sounds creepy. Nothing will happen, but it'll feel weird.
Still gives lots of opportunities for Zach to meet police and scare them with his muscles.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
I think this entire thread is basically an ISIS recruitment tool. It's all those racist white peoples' fault! It's the Western governments who caused those poor folks to blow themselves up! Just give them jobs!!!!!!!

If that's the case, then what just happened in Mali? If that's truly the case, then why doesn't ISIS target government installations instead of locations where common folks frequent? Obviously they should direct the terror towards the real culprits, no? But they don't, they attack innocent, defenseless people, because they're nothing more than cowards.
If you're asking those questions then you don't understand the nature of this extreme Islamic fundamentalist ideology and how it came into being. Their war is not in any sense conventional. It's a holy war whereby every infidel, from Arabic Christians to any secular European, must be converted or wiped out of existence. But it didn't just come out of nowhere. It's not like many other cults where a charismatic leader woke from a twisted dream and mobilized an army to do his bidding. There are causative factors involved in the steady progression and proliferation of Islamic Jihad which all engender anti-western sentiment. They are the root causes that gave birth to this evil which now reaches beyond the Muslim populations they were directly affecting, like in Mali or like in cities here in Australia where even several young, white, probably Christian outcasts have converted to this extreme form of Islam and either plotted violence at home or traveled abroad to fight with ISIS. With the advent of internet propaganda and the appeal of what ISIS purport to be an established utopia, marginalized people of any kind are drawn to this ideology. Whether they be oppressed Muslims or white loners getting bullied in the schoolyard.

The new Islamic Jihad is now bigger than geopolitics but looking at its lineage, the general theme always had its roots in a gripe with the west. For example Osama Bin Laden is known to have stated U.S involvement in the Middle East as Al-Qaeda's reason for being. ISIS is made up of Al-Qaeda defectors who took the ideology and ran with it, making it more extreme, barbaric and aspirational. The new gripe is now more about the wests "impure" culture than it is meddling in Muslims affairs abroad. It permeates to any one feeling even remotely marginalized by western society or western influenced societies (like Mali who were colonized by the French) but for obvious reasons, Muslims are especially susceptible. Islam itself may be part of the problem (even though the vast majority of devout Muslims aren't in the least bit extreme), but there were conditions which fostered this new extreme branch of the faith. So you can put your fingers in your ears and say "la la la, it's not MY fault". But as deplorable as these extremists are there is a cause for their existence and even though geopolitical transgressions as well as haphazard migrant integration (whether it be the migrants fault or the hosts is moot) can't necessarily be undone, rejecting Islam and Muslims as a whole fits right into ISIS's narrative and exacerbates the problem, radicalizing more and more Muslims. I can't believe people don't see how obvious that is.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I'd love to read it. His tough guy act would not go down well in jail I suspect.
Then again we don't know how many members are actually posting from jail already.

What if it turned out that the forum is quite popular in jail?

I think I'd most suspect the white collar financial crimes. The insider trading, the tax evasion. Have you read those threads about our finances? They're pretty vicious at times.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Then again we don't know how many members are actually posting from jail already.

What if it turned out that the forum is quite popular in jail?

I think I'd most suspect the white collar financial crimes. The insider trading, the tax evasion. Have you read those threads about our finances? They're pretty vicious at times.

But wouldn't those people be monitored in terms of internet usage?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)