Paris attacks (68 Viewers)

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
i think in germany it isn't even possible to revoke passports,
even if they knew i am an extremist who wants to fight with IS
abroad.
@lgorTudor die Staatsangehörigkeit darf mir nicht entzogen werden oder?
Karlsruhe würde sofort widersprechen denk ich mal.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
i think in germany it isn't even possible to revoke passports,
even if they knew i am an extremist who wants to fight with IS
abroad.
@lgorTudor die Staatsangehörigkeit darf mir nicht entzogen werden oder?
Karlsruhe würde sofort widersprechen denk ich mal.
Karlsruhe gehst du am arsch vorbei mein freund :D die dürfen sich auch foltern wenn sie wollen

note: there is a difference between revoking passports and citizenships
IIRC passports have already been revoked in Germany

Some Frankfurt guy iirc :shifty:

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
It's been happening in England and Australia, for sure, and other countries I'm certain too.

Interesting solution there. :shifty:
seriously, though, why would any country want to keep a person radicalized to such an extent to the point of forcing them to stay? What is the short and long-term plan there? That they would come upon a nice soap opera on TV or sign up to a pottery class and fall in love with western culture and way of life, all over again?

And monitoring their activity is just wishful thinking - eventually people fall thru the cracks in the system. Any minute now and Australia and the UK could well be the new France. That's assuming they aren't already.

OP
Hængebøffer

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
  • Thread Starter #291
    seriously, though, why would any country want to keep a person radicalized to such an extent to the point of forcing them to stay? What is the short and long-term plan there? That they would come upon a nice soap opera on TV or sign up to a pottery class and fall in love with western culture and way of life, all over again?

And monitoring their activity is just wishful thinking - eventually people fall thru the cracks in the system. Any minute now and Australia and the UK could well be the new France. That's assuming they aren't already.
    Moral responsibility. You can't see the dilemma?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

And monitoring their activity is just wishful thinking - eventually people get lost in the cracks of the system. Any minute now and Australia and the UK could well be the new France. That's assuming they aren't already.
    That's what is mind boggling to me. This idea that a nation would revoke a passport for someone to leave to a radicalized state... I mean, yes, you don't want ISIS gaining more supporters, but now you have an ISIS supporter/radical you are forcibly keeping within your own borders, as a free person.

There was an article in The Atlantic where a reporter interviewed several ISIS supporters who had their passports revoked after attempting to travel to the middle east.

Here's an article from February about France revoking passports of suspected ISIS recruits.

http://www.newsweek.com/france-confiscates-passports-six-suspected-isis-recruits-308929

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
    seriously, though, why would any country want to keep a person radicalized to such an extent to the point of forcing them to stay?
    has been discussed in germany aswell.

the fear is that you let em go...and they become even more extreme
    and come back trained in how to use weapons or how to build bombs.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
    That's what is mind boggling to me. This idea that a nation would revoke a passport for someone to leave to a radicalized state... I mean, yes, you don't want ISIS gaining more supporters, but now you have an ISIS supporter/radical you are forcibly keeping within your own borders, as a free person.
    But you now have legitimation to request surveillance funds and if you're lucky you catch some putz downloading a Game Of Thrones episode

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    Moral responsibility. You can't see the dilemma?
    It's quite a paradox. Refuse their right to leave and risk radicalizing them in your own country... or allow them to leave and become more radicalized under ISIS rule and commit atrocities there...

- - - Updated - - -

But you now have legitimation to request surveillance funds and if you're lucky you catch some putz downloading a Game Of Thrones episode
    :lol:

Sad, but true. Priorities.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
    Nov 8, 2005
    has been discussed in germany aswell.

the fear is that you let em go...and they become even more extreme
    and come back trained in how to use weapons or how to build bombs.
    at that point, they are already radicalized beyond repair.
    well, don't allow them back. If they can identify the people and their intentions with such certainty as to take away their passports, they should be able to take away their citizenship and put them on terror-watch lists too.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
    at that point, they are already radicalized beyond repair.
    well, don't allow them back. If they can identify the people and their intentions with such certainty as to take away their passports, they should be able to take away their citizenship and put them on terror-watch lists too.
    Not possible in germany. they own a german passport and can not be stopped from coming back.
    you can't revoke passports in germany and you cant deny a german to come
    back to germany.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong question to ask... Is he the putz that has been caught is the better question.
    he clearly sounds butthurt imo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 66)