Apr 9, 2015
BR 540 is love

Pick 3 out of these @Dostoevsky

Initio oud for greatness
Nishane ani
Mfk oud silk mood
Creed spice and wood
Andy tauer au cour desert
I love Andy Tauer but for me it is unwearable. It would be a beautiful roomscent.

From that list Oud for Greatness or Spice & Wood.

I added Amouage - Jubilation XXV, Parfums De Marly - Layton and D&G - The One to my collection last month

Buy on AliExpress.com

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I'd buy Hacivat from Nishane. :D

As for others Initio (totally badass bottle, that's insane. Oud is also not animalic but it's good. IMO kinda expensive but worth it). MFK and Tauer's desert. Desert is a tough choice, probably not for everyone, so Creed would be a much safer choice if you're not gonna test it.

Oh and yes, BR 540 is insane.
No hacivat, i can't stand aventus, I'm defo getting initio, coeur du desert only really works for cold weather. So I'll probably get ani or maybe karagoz And MFK.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
No hacivat, i can't stand aventus, I'm defo getting initio, coeur du desert only really works for cold weather. So I'll probably get ani or maybe karagoz And MFK.
Oh, I get you. People would die over Hacivat, Aventus too, but I always wear what I like rather than what others like.

Do you like Roja?

I love Andy Tauer but for me it is unwearable. It would be a beautiful roomscent.

From that list Oud for Greatness or Spice & Wood.

I added Amouage - Jubilation XXV, Parfums De Marly - Layton and D&G - The One to my collection last month
Great choices.

Da, Tauer is not for everyone. That's some specific niche.

Amouage is great. :D They have many great perfumes.

Btw I went for a cheapie as budget can't allow much and I bought Swiss Arabian Shaghaf Oud Aswad.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Oh, I get you. People would die over Hacivat, Aventus too, but I always wear what I like rather than what others like.

Do you like Roja?

Great choices.

Da, Tauer is not for everyone. That's some specific niche.

Amouage is great. :D They have many great perfumes.

Btw I went for a cheapie as budget can't allow much and I bought Swiss Arabian Shaghaf Oud Aswad.

I just smelled saffron lazuli by CH, it is simply amazing

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
@Dostoevsky

Parfums dusita is usually pretty great, and this scent is definitely handcrafted with the finest ingredients, but that comes with the price of a first hour where the natural oud smells just like natural oud should. And when you add high quality musk and civet :lol2:

An hour of barnyard stank, animal ass, crotch, rotten wood, and a touch of rose before it really opens into a still dirty as fuck but tolerable, complex, and maybe even beautiful fragrance if you like the crazy animalic of natural oud. I have a friend who loves these intense animatic fragrances and it is quite extraordinary with its complexity and evolution but I just don’t see how you could wear a fragrance like this in public, especially since it has got Amouage Interlude strength.

Oud Infini Extrait.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
@Dostoevsky

Parfums dusita is usually pretty great, and this scent is definitely handcrafted with the finest ingredients, but that comes with the price of a first hour where the natural oud smells just like natural oud should. And when you add high quality musk and civet :lol2:

An hour of barnyard stank, animal ass, crotch, rotten wood, and a touch of rose before it really opens into a still dirty as fuck but tolerable, complex, and maybe even beautiful fragrance if you like the crazy animalic of natural oud. I have a friend who loves these intense animatic fragrances and it is quite extraordinary with its complexity and evolution but I just don’t see how you could wear a fragrance like this in public, especially since it has got Amouage Interlude strength.

Oud Infini Extrait.
I never tried it myself, I don't think we have it available here, but I did read about it lol. I think perfumes like old white Kouros make it look like a baby compared to Dusita's Oud Infini Extrait. What I find it great is how that house uses best quality stuff available and even ingrediants that are nowadays forbbiden, aren't they? Or if not forbidden then, as some say, not ethically correct.

Good oud is great imo. Synthetic oud from my experience is nothing like it, it's more smooth and clean (like last one I tried in Swiss Arabian). I myself don't have tons of experience with "dirty" perfumes and imo I find them quite challenging. But if not wearable in public do you think you like it? You probably don't? I think it's not unusual to see people buy perfumes by picking those that are popular and those that are liked by girls. I find that quite irritating since I could never wear one if I don't like. Vice versa, if I do like one I couldn't care less if public thinks it's bad.

Oh and since you mentioned Interlude... I do love Amouage. I'd buy at least a couple of them, ehm, but that's a far dream for me since they are heavy priced for us. Imagine spending almost a whole month salary on a perfume. That's exactly the case lol. But what I want to get is Midnight Oud by Ard Al Zaafaran which is supposed to be a copy of it. I did hear/read good things about it and apparently it's very, very similar to it and it costs like ten times less. There used to be some guy in my town who was selling it, but not anymore, and I'm yet to find it. It's kinda hard and complicated to buy stuff from aboard if you're not EU, at least I know guys who had problems buying perfumes, they charge so much here it's crazy.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Have quite a few decent ones. But the one I always seem to get a hell of a lot of compliments is one from Rochas Man. Isn’t that expensive at all. Cheap shit really.

DutchJuventino

Apr 9, 2015
I have a Ici Paris shop in my city, but it is a franchise and they have also their pen brands, Amouage, Moresque and Parfums De Marly. On the Christmas days they have 30% off their whole collection. That means Marly bottles doe 112-126 and Amouage for <150 euro's.

- - - Updated - - -

For the 50/75 ML btw

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Anyone have any recs for a good spring smell?

I really wanted to get the BR 540 but it’s getting played out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)