Parfum (3 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Does anybody have any recommendations for oud fragrances?

I like Tom Ford's Oud Wood but would probably prefer something a bit lighter.

I've heard Versace have a nice one.
Very, very expensive but Oud For Greatness by Initio. Possibly the best bottle out there lol. Other, but quite animal sense to it, would be Oud 27 by Santal.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Apr 9, 2015
I'm not a fan of Zara. In majority of the cases their blends smell quite cheap while performances are for about 2-3 hours. 9 is one of the best ones but I still don't like it. One of the most overrated perfumes from their collection would be Vibrant Leather and while that one has great performances, it literally makes me sick lol.

Creed is quite annoying with their Aventus batches. So many different ones... I know they sold the company but I don't think they will ruin the company. Both brothers are still there managing things.

I think Spicebomb Extreme is a great one, especially for winter. Girls love it and it smells amazing with all the pepper and vanilla. Regular version is also good but I'd still take Extreme over it. Can't really go wrong with this one.

Fahrenheit Le Perfume is one of the best buys imo. One of the best smelling rum fragrances mixed with spices, leather and vanilla. Everyone loves Fahrenheit EDT since it's a classic but I prefer Le Parfume over it. EDT is quite strange and it smells like petroleum.

You're missing out on quite a few Tom Ford perfumes. Black Orchid originally came as a women fragrance but now it's unisex and it makes sense. One of my fav ones from their house, it's a perfect blend imo. Tobacco Vanille is a must have, though. There are many TF fragrances that are worth buying.

Mancera is another house to keep an eye on but I'd advise testing it and not blind buying. For summery weather check out Cedrat Boise and for wintery days check out Red Tobacco. Both have very good performances.

If you like clean smells then surely buy Prada l'homme. It's not a huge aura but more like an office fragrance. Smells like an expensive soap but it's a beautiful fragrance.

When it comes to underground cheaper options I'd recommend Bentley for Men Intense. CH Men Prive is also a good pick, although more expensive.

And I think I'll stop here because otherwise I'll mention another 50 perfumes.
The only Zara perfume I like is the 9.0 from them. I agree that Vibrant Leather isn´t a good perfume, it smells really odd. I´ve to say that I only wear the Zara for short time, for example two or three hours before sporting, swimming, shower.

Creed is still one of the best houses I know. They´ve excellent perfumes, but I´ve to say their quality declined the past few years. Maybe I will get a bottle of Green Irish Tweed, since it´s the best ´green and earthy´ perfume i tried yet.

Spicebomb Extreme is on my shortlist, big banger!

Never tried Fahrenheit Le Perfume, but the EDT is not my taste. I almost really dislike it, bleghh. Next time I am in a shop I will try out the perfume!

I am only 23, most Tom Ford´s are really masculine and sometimes I think I am not old enough for some of these masterpieces. It can be just my thoughts tho ...
I searched for Black Orchid and it sounds interesting, definitely I will give it a try.

I don´t know Mancera and will search immediately after this post :p

Maybe it is just me but Bentley For Men Intense and CH Men Privé smells so cheap and plastic since I tried niche perfumes. They are ok, but I rather give 80+ on one perfume I love than 5 bottles of 'okayish' stuff.

Thanks for the response.

https://tauerperfumes.com/l-air-du-desert-marocain.html want too try this for tooo fucking long. I should get a sample of it.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
The only Zara perfume I like is the 9.0 from them. I agree that Vibrant Leather isn´t a good perfume, it smells really odd. I´ve to say that I only wear the Zara for short time, for example two or three hours before sporting, swimming, shower.

Creed is still one of the best houses I know. They´ve excellent perfumes, but I´ve to say their quality declined the past few years. Maybe I will get a bottle of Green Irish Tweed, since it´s the best ´green and earthy´ perfume i tried yet.

Spicebomb Extreme is on my shortlist, big banger!

Never tried Fahrenheit Le Perfume, but the EDT is not my taste. I almost really dislike it, bleghh. Next time I am in a shop I will try out the perfume!

I am only 23, most Tom Ford´s are really masculine and sometimes I think I am not old enough for some of these masterpieces. It can be just my thoughts tho ...
I searched for Black Orchid and it sounds interesting, definitely I will give it a try.

I don´t know Mancera and will search immediately after this post :p

Maybe it is just me but Bentley For Men Intense and CH Men Privé smells so cheap and plastic since I tried niche perfumes. They are ok, but I rather give 80+ on one perfume I love than 5 bottles of 'okayish' stuff.

Thanks for the response.

https://tauerperfumes.com/l-air-du-desert-marocain.html want too try this for tooo fucking long. I should get a sample of it.
Nah, I'm sure you can wear majority of TF stuff but Black Orchid is an easy one to wear. Try it without a doubt, I think you will like it. Same with Fahrenheit, I'm not a huge fan of EDT, but I love this one. Give it a go.

Nathalie Lorson is a great parfumer imo, she made some great ones including Bentley. I disagree it smells cheap, especially CH Men Prive. I wouldn't say it's synthetic (eventhough it has substances that aren't natural), it's a good blend and smells really good. Btw, whenever you hit a perfumer shop, don't try out too many :lol2: it happened too often that I fuck up smells after 4-5 tests, after that I get wrong vibes and a couple of times I hated perfumes just because I was retarded.

Dunno how come you say 80+ for one, rather than 5 bottles, since CH Prive is like 60-70e for a bottle. It's not quite cheap to get five bottles. When it comes to the cheapies I'd mention Lalique and their stuff, especially Encre Noire a l'extreme. Amazing vetiver, quite harsh and masculine. It's a perfect choice for autumn/spring/rainy days. It's incredibly cheap and it smells like a niche one. Not a huge aura but still great. It was another creation by Nathalie Lorson.

Oh and considering you like quality, I think you should check out Amouage if you haven't already. Also check out Nasomatto, they have some great stuff like Pardon, Baraonda and Black Afgano. Quite expensive, though, but many naturals in it and it lasts for a loooong time.

Apr 9, 2015
Nah, I'm sure you can wear majority of TF stuff but Black Orchid is an easy one to wear. Try it without a doubt, I think you will like it. Same with Fahrenheit, I'm not a huge fan of EDT, but I love this one. Give it a go.

Nathalie Lorson is a great parfumer imo, she made some great ones including Bentley. I disagree it smells cheap, especially CH Men Prive. I wouldn't say it's synthetic (eventhough it has substances that aren't natural), it's a good blend and smells really good. Btw, whenever you hit a perfumer shop, don't try out too many :lol2: it happened too often that I fuck up smells after 4-5 tests, after that I get wrong vibes and a couple of times I hated perfumes just because I was retarded.

Dunno how come you say 80+ for one, rather than 5 bottles, since CH Prive is like 60-70e for a bottle. It's not quite cheap to get five bottles. When it comes to the cheapies I'd mention Lalique and their stuff, especially Encre Noire a l'extreme. Amazing vetiver, quite harsh and masculine. It's a perfect choice for autumn/spring/rainy days. It's incredibly cheap and it smells like a niche one. Not a huge aura but still great. It was another creation by Nathalie Lorson.

Oh and considering you like quality, I think you should check out Amouage if you haven't already. Also check out Nasomatto, they have some great stuff like Pardon, Baraonda and Black Afgano. Quite expensive, though, but many naturals in it and it lasts for a loooong time.
I read CK (Calvin Klein) instead of Herrera, and CK cost here around 20/25 lol :facepalm:

"It happened too often that I fuck up smells after 4-5 tests",---> It really does indeed :p

Amouage is one of my favourite houses, but still didn't buy a bottle. I don't know why but everytime is smell one I think this is great, but I never pulled the trigger and bought a bottle. Maybe because it is really expensive, an other problem is that I don't know which scent I like the most from them. Interlude Men, Reflection Men or Jubalation XXV. I think the third one.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I read CK (Calvin Klein) instead of Herrera, and CK cost here around 20/25 lol :facepalm:

"It happened too often that I fuck up smells after 4-5 tests",---> It really does indeed :p

Amouage is one of my favourite houses, but still didn't buy a bottle. I don't know why but everytime is smell one I think this is great, but I never pulled the trigger and bought a bottle. Maybe because it is really expensive, an other problem is that I don't know which scent I like the most from them. Interlude Men, Reflection Men or Jubalation XXV. I think the third one.
Many people throw up after Interlude lol. It's so strong, it's crazy, and plenty can't handle it eventhough it's 1 spray recommended. Reflection and XXV are way more easy to wear imo.

Btw a couple of days ago I saw Interlude Black Iris is out. Some new stuff from Amouage.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
MDCI Invasion Barbare I believe. MDCI has the resin busts as an option for bottle tops, but the price difference to get the bust instead of a normal top is obscene.
Yes, that's the one! You cologne savant, you!

Thanks to Donnie, I think I'll stimulate the economy a bit and get one. Now I have the YSL L'homme, pretty good for everyday wear

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
BR 540 is love

Pick 3 out of these @Dostoevsky

Initio oud for greatness
Nishane ani
Mfk oud silk mood
Creed spice and wood
Andy tauer au cour desert
I'd buy Hacivat from Nishane. :D

As for others Initio (totally badass bottle, that's insane. Oud is also not animalic but it's good. IMO kinda expensive but worth it). MFK and Tauer's desert. Desert is a tough choice, probably not for everyone, so Creed would be a much safer choice if you're not gonna test it.

Oh and yes, BR 540 is insane.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)