Paolo De Ceglie (54 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I would just put it down to bad luck at the moment, since it is unfortunate and unrelated significant injuries, rather than a series of minor niggles.

It's not like he's going to get kneed in the chest and suffer a punctured lung (or whatever it was) every season.

Juventino_NJ

Sep 16, 2006
De Ceglie suffers ankle injury – will be in Pinzolo in mid-July

As per schedule, this morning Paolo De Ceglie left Sweden and returned to Turin. The Under 21 European Championship came to an early end for him due to the injury suffered during Tuesday’s match against Byelorussia. The young player from Valle D’Aosta underwent clinical tests which confirmed the first diagnosis done by the national team’s medical staff, that is an injury to the internal compartment of the left ankle.

De Ceglie will therefore have to undergo treatment and the necessary physiotherapy in order to be able to join the summer camp in Pinzolo on the 18th of July, the day which will also see the return of Marchisio and Giovinco, the other two bianconeri who formed part of Italy’s European squad.

The expedition is not yet over. Without De Ceglie and Marchisio (due to suspension), the azzurrini will be in action tomorrow Friday 26th June against Germany in the second semi-final.

Juventus.com

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I would just put it down to bad luck at the moment, since it is unfortunate and unrelated significant injuries, rather than a series of minor niggles.

It's not like he's going to get kneed in the chest and suffer a punctured lung (or whatever it was) every season.
:agree: he has just been unluckly to have had some bad knocks. Maybe he just needs to be more carefull when throwing himself into tackles.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
De Ceglie suffers ankle injury – will be in Pinzolo in mid-July

As per schedule, this morning Paolo De Ceglie left Sweden and returned to Turin. The Under 21 European Championship came to an early end for him due to the injury suffered during Tuesday’s match against Byelorussia. The young player from Valle D’Aosta underwent clinical tests which confirmed the first diagnosis done by the national team’s medical staff, that is an injury to the internal compartment of the left ankle.

De Ceglie will therefore have to undergo treatment and the necessary physiotherapy in order to be able to join the summer camp in Pinzolo on the 18th of July, the day which will also see the return of Marchisio and Giovinco, the other two bianconeri who formed part of Italy’s European squad.

The expedition is not yet over. Without De Ceglie and Marchisio (due to suspension), the azzurrini will be in action tomorrow Friday 26th June against Germany in the second semi-final.

Juventus.com
If juventus.com say Machisio and Gio along with DC will be joining up with the rest of the team on 18th of July does that confirm that neither of them will be leaving for D'ago tommorow? :eyebrows:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
If juventus.com say Machisio and Gio along with DC will be joining up with the rest of the team on 18th of July does that confirm that neither of them will be leaving for D'ago tommorow? :eyebrows:
Not necessarily.

If Juve give up either one of them for that one year wonder I will be angry to the point of being indifferent

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
There is zero chance Gio or Machisio would ever leave for Agostino (just dont even waste your time on it), but DC doesnt seem to be involved in that talk at all, just initial ideas, seems more like mentionned heavily as half share with Napoli, even if he wasnt keen on that.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Some new confirmation that he'll most likely stay put:

"La piazza di Napoli è un punto di arrivo, ma la Juventus non mi ha mai venduto."

"Da quando sono tornato dagli Europei sento continuamente che io avrei rifiutato Napoli - dice l'esterno di centrocampo -. In realtà non ho mai avuto l'opportunità di parlare con i dirigenti del Napoli. E non ho preso in considerazione l'ipotesi Napoli per il semplice fatto che la Juventus non mi ha mai venduto", De Ceglie prosegue "Considero Napoli una piazza importante, un punto di arrivo per qualsiasi giocatore. Ma devo dire di essere particolarmente soddisfatto del fatto che la Juventus mi ha riconfermato. Sono piemontese e cresciuto nel settore giovanile bianconero. Un orgoglio per me".

He never talked to anyone at Napoli because he was (re)confirmed at Juve for next season.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Some new confirmation that he'll most likely stay put:

"La piazza di Napoli è un punto di arrivo, ma la Juventus non mi ha mai venduto."

"Da quando sono tornato dagli Europei sento continuamente che io avrei rifiutato Napoli - dice l'esterno di centrocampo -. In realtà non ho mai avuto l'opportunità di parlare con i dirigenti del Napoli. E non ho preso in considerazione l'ipotesi Napoli per il semplice fatto che la Juventus non mi ha mai venduto", De Ceglie prosegue "Considero Napoli una piazza importante, un punto di arrivo per qualsiasi giocatore. Ma devo dire di essere particolarmente soddisfatto del fatto che la Juventus mi ha riconfermato. Sono piemontese e cresciuto nel settore giovanile bianconero. Un orgoglio per me".

He never talked to anyone at Napoli because he was (re)confirmed at Juve for next season.
(re)Confirmed as backup to Molinaro.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Shit, if he stays then it means that we won't do business with Napoli for Santacroce, he won't be involved in D'Agostino's transfer and make it easier to buy D'Agostino and also, we won't buy a new LB so we'll be stuck with super Moli and even more super De Ceglie.

FUCK! Lets just hope that Molinaro will stay fit and we won't be forced to play with this guy at LB.

May 22, 2009
Shit, if he stays then it means that we won't do business with Napoli for Santacroce, he won't be involved in D'Agostino's transfer and make it easier to buy D'Agostino and also, we won't buy a new LB so we'll be stuck with super Moli and even more super De Ceglie.

FUCK! Lets just hope that Molinaro will stay fit and we won't be forced to play with this guy at LB.
No new signing for the left back position? Are you sure:(?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Fuck Moli.

I'm tired of fucking mediocre players like him ruining our flank play. With that dolt in the diamond 4-4-2, he'll be completely exposed and look even worse than he does in the straight 4-4-2.

Jesus fucking Christ. We HAVE to get another left-back.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Fuck Moli.

I'm tired of fucking mediocre players like him ruining our flank play. With that dolt in the diamond 4-4-2, he'll be completely exposed and look even worse than he does in the straight 4-4-2.

Jesus fucking Christ. We HAVE to get another left-back.
Molinaro is injured and he might be until the start of the season. That might mean that he won't be even able to pass a medical and since not many teams would want him anyway, selling De Ceglie was the only chance to improve the LB position (after we didn't call Criscito back).

If De Ceglie stays, and since Moli stays 99,99%, i'm not sure that we'll buy a new LB.
That's why i wanted us to sell De Ceglie. He's very bad in defense and average at most in attack. He's even less useful than Molinaro.

:wallbang:

May 22, 2009
I think De Ceglie is seen as a midfielder and if necessary as a LB. He is good for the bench. He did play in a threeman midfield in U-21 and he could be an alternative there for next season in Juve.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Molinaro is injured and he might be until the start of the season. That might mean that he won't be even able to pass a medical and since not many teams would want him anyway, selling De Ceglie was the only chance to improve the LB position (after we didn't call Criscito back).

If De Ceglie stays, and since Moli stays 99,99%, i'm not sure that we'll buy a new LB.
That's why i wanted us to sell De Ceglie. He's very bad in defense and average at most in attack. He's even less useful than Molinaro.

:wallbang:
I don't agree with you on your assessment of De Ceglie. He can be useful in my view, but not yet.

We should still have some capital left to spend on somebody for the LB position as long as we don't overpay for DAWGostino or somebody else for that position. Hell, it's not a priority we buy another midfielder anyway, and the management should understand that.

I'd even take friggin' Grosso as much as I dislike him, or even Andre Santos as much as I'm not convinced about him -- at least those guys know how to pass and cross the ball, unlike some other infidel.

Sell the deadweight players that we've been loaning out and we could then get some cash for Grosso at least. Or maybe the stupid Trezeguet deal will see us land Grosso from Lyon with some cash.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 54)