Paolo De Ceglie (72 Viewers)

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
There's no point in letting De Ceglie go for just cash in my opinion. Doesn't make any sense to me. Keep him to alternate with Criscito and spend the money on a RB instead of another LB.

If we are going to let him leave though, why send him to Napoli for cash when we could potentially use him as part of the deal to bring D'Agostino to Juve? I think its dumb to let him go for just cash since he is great at crossing and with some more playing time he will be a great LB.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
Completely ludicrous selling Paolo, sell that useless piece of shit Molinaro, even if he is injured. If we bring in Dossena at the expense of Paolo I'll be depressed.

Juventine

Little Witch
Jul 11, 2008
IMO, it's Lippi's idea for all these operations (pointing Ferrara as our coach and signing Cannavaro have already proved that). Lippi wants to make room for his beloved Gross or Dossena while making cash to buy G.Rossi even if strikers not our priority for now. He wants to have as many "Azzurri" as possible in Juve to prepare for the 2010 WC.

I do agree that De Ceglie is not ready to start for Juve and he will not develop by playing as a backup (seems that he is not in Ferrara's plan). But the Board is only considering to get Grosso or Dossena when there should be other non-Azzurri option.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
well if Grosso plays for Juve the way he plays for Italy, then he might well be our best signing of the season
If Juve plays the way Italy plays, than Grosso might very well play for Juve the way he does for Italy. And it seems like the formation will be similar and some players identical. Sooo... :D

white_rabbit

Apr 9, 2006
the deal with napoli is proceeding too fast, its alarming.

IMO the deal will include a first option or an initial agreement on one of napoli's players.

Juventine: maybe the transfer strategy you mentioned is what secco is doing but i really doubt that Lippi has any direct influence on tour transfer. the only one i can think of is that ciro is his student and will follow a similar decision making process resulting in similar transfers demands.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
I've red on C4 that DC's agent said that Juve will first resolve situation about Palladino and Criscito and than they will decide De Ceglie future. Still that could mean if we fail to bring back Criscito we could keep DC. Still I highly doubt it.

Paolo Rossi

World Champion
Jul 8, 2007
I rather keep De Ceglie than those useless Poulsen, Tiago, Almiron. De Ceglie is a better midfieldr than those three combined. I don't mind Molinaro as much as the rest of you guys, but if I had to keep one, I'd keep De Ceglie.

De Ceglie, Palladino, Ariaudo, Criscito, Giovinco, Marchisio, Chiellini shouldn't be touched.

In the future I'd like to see this Juventus:

GK: Buffon
RB: Santacroce
CB: Ariaudo
CB: Chiellini
LB: Criscito
LW: De Ceglie
DM: Marchisio
AM: Diego
RW: Palladino
FW: Giovinco
FW: G. Rossi

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I would put forward some form of critique of that team, but it seems that being young and Italian is a more important criteria than footballing ability when it comes to being selected, so I won't bother.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
I rather keep De Ceglie than those useless Poulsen, Tiago, Almiron. De Ceglie is a better midfieldr than those three combined. I don't mind Molinaro as much as the rest of you guys, but if I had to keep one, I'd keep De Ceglie.

De Ceglie, Palladino, Ariaudo, Criscito, Giovinco, Marchisio, Chiellini shouldn't be touched.

In the future I'd like to see this Juventus:

GK: Buffon
RB: Santacroce
CB: Ariaudo
CB: Chiellini
LB: Criscito
LW: De Ceglie
DM: Marchisio
AM: Diego
RW: Palladino
FW: Giovinco
FW: G. Rossi
Oh dear. Where would one start with what's wrong with that?

Paolo Rossi

World Champion
Jul 8, 2007
Ok tell me whats wrong with that team...

GK: Buffon: One of the best golies in the world...golies can play until they are 40, so he can still play in the future.
RB: Santacroce: Awesome defender and can play rightback.
CB: Ariaudo: Still very young, but if he can start games for Juve right now, Im pretty sure he could start regularly in the not so distant future.
CB: Chiellini: next...
LB: Criscito: Everyone alrady wants him on the team.
LW: De Ceglie: Runs like a maniac, can cross and can pass. Played many games on the left side and was excellent.
DM: Marchisio: next...
AM: Diego: next...
RW: Palladino: He could be the only guy you can criticize.
FW: Giovinco: next...
FW: G. Rossi: Excellent striker and the future of the National Team.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Oh dear. Where would one start with what's wrong with that?
lets start here

De Ceglie is a better midfieldr than those three combined.
people who claim de ceglie can play in a three man midfield as kind of CM should play a game of football by theirselves. i player who can only use one foot can only be played on the sidelines (so the ball is coming always to the strong foot).

if de ceglie was very technical he could compensate that, but he isn't.

Paolo Rossi

World Champion
Jul 8, 2007
lets start here

people who claim de ceglie can play in a three man midfield as kind of CM should play a game of football by theirselves. i player who can only use one foot can only be played on the sidelines (so the ball is coming always to the strong foot).

if de ceglie was very technical he could compensate that, but he isn't.
So, are you telling me you rather have Tiago in your team over De Ceglie? I dont care if we are switching to a 433 formation, De Ceglie will produce more than Tiago, more than Almiron and more than Poulsen, even if he were to play with a broken foot, never mind just one strong foot.

Hey speaking about Walcott, I remember being on another forum and telling people that Ibra one day would win the Ballon Dor...they all called me crazy...today he is one of the best in the world.

Walcott is only 18 and already playing on the National team (starting lineup). If people saw him play, they'd know how good he is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 72)