Paolo De Ceglie (9 Viewers)

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Sell DC? Already? What the fuck, people. Aren't we going to give our players a chance? Confidence will come with continuity, and once he relaxes a bit, once he gains some more comfortability, I really think he's going to be a good player. Ranieri could never figure out where he wanted to field DC, and that didn't help to settle the player, either. Paolo's young - give him an opportunity to improve, folks!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I'd approve of this deal only if it involves us getting someone like Xabi or Agger in a part exchange deal.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
No, we shouldn't. We haven't even gotten a real look at what De Ceglie can do, so why the hell would we want to sell him for that meager sum?

Just because a retarded terrorist doesn't field a young player doesn't mean the player is useless or doesn't have a bright future. And DC can cover for more positions than one, so it makes no sense.
Bravo mate,he is still the starter for The Azzurrini..
at least one more season

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
I'd approve of this deal only if it involves us getting someone like Xabi or Agger in a part exchange deal.
Or Gerard...
:eyebrows:

PDC and Tiago for Stevie, straight swap. Let's do it!
:snoop:

I appreciate the sentiment Lion, but we're not even sniffing Alonso, and Agger signed a new deal not too long ago; I would assume that he's staying put.

It's too bad that Ranieri was such a wanker about giving DC time at LB. I still believe that Moli is currently a marginally better defender, but that's only because he's really come a long way in the past year. We still need an upgrade at LB. De Ceglie needs a coach who will show some confidence in him. It sucks that DC also got hurt; makes it a bit more difficult when trying to analyze what we actually have here...

Promising youngster, needs more time...

Max

Jul 15, 2003
Sell DC? Already? What the fuck, people. Aren't we going to give our players a chance? Confidence will come with continuity, and once he relaxes a bit, once he gains some more comfortability, I really think he's going to be a good player. Ranieri could never figure out where he wanted to field DC, and that didn't help to settle the player, either. Paolo's young - give him an opportunity to improve, folks!
Bravo.

sidd

Sep 1, 2005
Ranieri`s screwed our team in more ways than one......Its blasphemy to even think of selling off DC....if theres anyone who needs to be sold it Ranieri`s love child Molinaro.....Sell Moli and get in another LB and let DC fight it out for his place. The kids got game, just needs an extended run in the side!

dogsarecute

Aug 7, 2008
Oh dear, I hope you are joking. Molinaro this season is a much better LB than DC which is why he plays most of the time. DC was poor and made lots of mistakes and a coach always plays his best player--Molinaro. What has DC shown that tells the coach that he should have an extended run at LB? None.

Geof

May 14, 2004
Just because a retarded terrorist doesn't field a young player (...)
:lol:

I don't think we should sell Paolo. He looks promising as an attacking LB and can easily cover LM too. If we're looking to improve the LB position, we should replace Molinaro by a real champions league class starter.

De Ceglie can then be used as a back up for both LB and LM. Brazzo can fill in any gaps for a couple of games too.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Whats gona happen when Criscito returns. Both are young players, if they both wana be regulars for LB then one has to leave, or one will be made a cd when canna quits?

Mar 14, 2004
Oh dear, I hope you are joking. Molinaro this season is a much better LB than DC which is why he plays most of the time. DC was poor and made lots of mistakes and a coach always plays his best player--Molinaro. What has DC shown that tells the coach that he should have an extended run at LB? None.

It's not the same thing to play for Juve and to play for some Coco-Jumbo team team he played before. He made some mistakes but what the hell,every young player can make mistakes so he could learn from them. Ranieri is no-risk retard and then he forced Molinaro. But when DC stops being a inexpirience youngster,he has a huge advantage...he can produce,Molinaro can't.....

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Whats gona happen when Criscito returns. Both are young players, if they both wana be regulars for LB then one has to leave, or one will be made a cd when canna quits?
Criscito will be preferred when we need a defensive LB, to secure our flanks and DC, when we need an offensive LB, to support up front.
Depending on our needs and their performances, one of them will be preferred as the permanent solution. But they have another advantage. They are both versatile and cant be used in other roles too. Criscito-> CB and DC -> LM.
So if they stay around, they will found more opportunities to become useful.
Anyway, we need one decent sub at any case!
They are both very promising material, each to his field...

We can now throw away Molinaro for good, but we can also keep him until x-mas, in case smth goes wrong...

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Cron, i wonder what will you say if our new coach also prefers Molinaro at LB :smile:

Your "Ranieri lover" argument will go down the drain.

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
Criscito will be preferred when we need a defensive LB, to secure our flanks and DC, when we need an offensive LB, to support up front.
Depending on our needs and their performances, one of them will be preferred as the permanent solution.
exactly. why should we sell PDC??? he lucks a little on the defensive part but he is a very good attacking left back. sell molinaro and keep DC and criscito. we will have a very good left back pair for many years...

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Never rated DC, watched many games for Siena last season and he was average at best. Neither a good winger or a good defender.

Wouldn't mind selling him for 5-6 millions.....

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Alright kiddos. The article in question is posted on Goal.com. It states that Liverpool are trying to rid themselves of Dossena. Which we are. It states that Juve are interested in Dossena, I don't know if that's true, and are interested in swapping De Ceglie for Dossena. The truth of the article is entirely questionable considering I can't find one reputable site, or forum, to back it up.

Long story short, don't get too fired up boys. It's only Goaldotcom.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Alright kiddos. The article in question is posted on Goal.com. It states that Liverpool are trying to rid themselves of Dossena. Which we are. It states that Juve are interested in Dossena, I don't know if that's true, and are interested in swapping De Ceglie for Dossena. The truth of the article is entirely questionable considering I can't find one reputable site, or forum, to back it up.

It's on Football Italia, along with supposed quotes from De Ceg's agent.

It was also on Calciomercato in Italiano.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006

we all know its BS, but hey it's the offseason, even DC's thread is getting some traffic ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)