Paolo De Ceglie (7 Viewers)

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
This is just another game proving that DC should be a started and Molinaro should be the sub. Dont get me wrong, yesterdays performance of Molinaro was awesome but i cant stop thinking that his performance was great because De Ceglie was "Pavel Nedved 2003" on that left side. Nonetheless, DC should be a starter from now on.

Rating: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
I like De Ceglie in LM, he is not as polished defensively, but with his speed he can wreak havoc in most defense.
De Ceglies defencive skills are ,at the worst case scenario, just like Molinaro's in the best case scenarios. So i dont agree that he is not polished defencively.

As for the balded part............he proved it yesterday :smoke:

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Eℓvin;1837479 said:
:lol2:

Go get yourself something, dude.

PDC - uno di noi!
Sorry dude, but he has to show more of these performances to convince me. I can't deny he performed superbly when he came on. I thought we will be doomed when Nedved left the pitch, exactly the opposite happened. But you have to admit Molinaro did admirably too, excluding his 2-3 bonehead mistakes.

Superb performance by De Ceglie. I believe that Ranieri should develop him as a left midfielder instead of a left back. Molinaro should stick to defending while De Ceglie should work on his runs and crosses.
Absolutely agreed. :agree:

This is just another game proving that DC should be a started and Molinaro should be the sub. Dont get me wrong, yesterdays performance of Molinaro was awesome but i cant stop thinking that his performance was great because De Ceglie was "Pavel Nedved 2003" on that left side. Nonetheless, DC should be a starter from now on.

Rating: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:
Wrong. De Ceglie is better as a left winger. Molinaro is by far the better defender.

De Ceglies defencive skills are ,at the worst case scenario, just like Molinaro's in the best case scenarios. So i dont agree that he is not polished defencively.

As for the balded part............he proved it yesterday :smoke:
Again wrong. De Ceglie is not that good defensively.

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
Sorry dude, but he has to show more of these performances to convince me. I can't deny he performed superbly when he came on. I thought we will be doomed when Nedved left the pitch, exactly the opposite happened. But you have to admit Molinaro did admirably too, excluding his 2-3 bonehead mistakes.

De Ceglie is better as a left winger. Molinaro is by far the better defender.
:agree:

i think we can see great potential in DC but he is far from Nedved and 2003.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
I think eventually De Ceglie would become a LB. Zambrotta and Grosso used to play LM but their best posiction proved to be WB. The same with De Ceglie, IMHO.
Actually Zambrotta started RM and had to be converted to Full Back, because Lippi wanted to play Camoranesi and Zambrotta. Thus Zambrotta had to play more defensive for both to play. Your point is valid though. A versatile De Ceglie is always good (even on the bench) and as someone already stated: He seems to be our best crosser right now.

P.S.: even if many bashed zambrotta yesterday he still was a problem at the beginning of the game because he caused some trouble on molinaro. he is not as finished as many believe him to be. he would definetly be a upgrade to either of molinaro or grygera ...

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
:agree:

i think we can see great potential in DC but he is far from Nedved and 2003.
Still far, but if DC can perform consistently to the level as that of the Milan game, we will have one hell of a player

Actually Zambrotta started RM and had to be converted to Full Back, because Lippi wanted to play Camoranesi and Zambrotta. Thus Zambrotta had to play more defensive for both to play. Your point is valid though. A versatile De Ceglie is always good (even on the bench) and as someone already stated: He seems to be our best crosser right now.

P.S.: even if many bashed zambrotta yesterday he still was a problem at the beginning of the game because he caused some trouble on molinaro. he is not as finished as many believe him to be. he would definetly be a upgrade to either of molinaro or grygera ...
Well Lippi is brave enough to put Zambrotta from a RM to a LB and it did very well. No matter what Zambrotta is still skillfully and technically superior to both Grygera and Molinaro, but too bad he chose for greener pastures and ended up being humiliated

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
2 beautiful assists in the last 2 Serie A games. This guy was impressive yesterday. His workrate is imense and the passing was spot on.
If he could work on his one on one skills, he would be a perfect winger.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
the guy has good physical attributes. He should combine that with his pace more often to bulldoze through opponents if he lacks the the technique to dribble.

I think that makes him better suited for LB for now.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Well Lippi is brave enough to put Zambrotta from a RM to a LB and it did very well. No matter what Zambrotta is still skillfully and technically superior to both Grygera and Molinaro, but too bad he chose for greener pastures and ended up being humiliated
well ranieri is even more brave in playing molinaro as left back ;)
but if i remember correct he let zambrotta play at right back at first ... i think pessotto was our left back back then

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
well ranieri is even more brave in playing molinaro as left back ;)
but if i remember correct he let zambrotta play at right back at first ... i think pessotto was our left back back then
Zambrotta started as a right winger/wingback with Juventus. We played a 3-4-1-2 system back then under Ancelotti. Something like this:

Del Piero Inzaghi

Zidane

Tacchinardi Conte/Davids​

Pessotto​
Zambrotta​

Iuliano Ferrara Montero

VDS​

but with some variations, like Conte filling the right side, Davids or Zambrotta filling the left ocassionally, etc...

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Zambrotta started as a right winger/wingback with Juventus. We played a 3-4-1-2 system back then under Ancelotti. Something like this:

Del Piero Inzaghi

Zidane

Tacchinardi Conte/Davids​

Pessotto​
Zambrotta​

Iuliano Ferrara Montero

VDS​

but with some variations, like Conte filling the right side, Davids or Zambrotta filling the left ocassionally, etc...
sure does love his xmas tree formations, must be that time of the year :)

Juventine

Little Witch
Jul 11, 2008
The exact example of Zambrotta-Camoranesi showed that Zambrotta couldn't compete with Camoranesi in the midfielder position. Is De Ceglie better than Zambrotta at that moment? Also Camoranesi is class but he is not even a master like a younger Nedved. What kind of level can De Ceglie reach as a LM/Winger? Other than high crosses, , did he succeed in assisting with other kinds of passes? Did he have shots on goal? Other than speed and physics, is his technical skill good enough? Did he show more playmaker characteristics? Till now he played as a LM in about 5-6 games now and he only played well (in attacking) against a slow and old team, a team with great defensive problems (not only at the back but also in the midfield).

At least I'm not convinced now. I hope he can show more to make me believe that he can become a world-class LM/Winger.

I know he's not good enough in the defensive department as a LB but I believe this can be improved. While in the LM position, he obviously has some limitations in talent.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
The exact example of Zambrotta-Camoranesi showed that Zambrotta couldn't compete with Camoranesi in the midfielder position. Is De Ceglie better than Zambrotta at that moment? Also Camoranesi is class but he is not even a master like a younger Nedved. What kind of level can De Ceglie reach as a LM/Winger? Other than high crosses, , did he succeed in assisting with other kinds of passes? Did he have shots on goal? Other than speed and physics, is his technical skill good enough? Did he show more playmaker characteristics? Till now he played as a LM in about 5-6 games now and he only played well (in attacking) against a slow and old team, a team with great defensive problems (not only at the back but also in the midfield).

At least I'm not convinced now. I hope he can show more to make me believe that he can become a world-class LM/Winger.

I know he's not good enough in the defensive department as a LB but I believe this can be improved. While in the LM position, he obviously has some limitations in talent.
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes

De Ceglie > Messi

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)