Paolo De Ceglie (22 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Till summer or january. Then he can be a hero in a clud such as Chievo Verona or Perugia...
Well that has been the problem in juve for years!! Juve never gave chance to young and promising players!!! Of course they will be a little shaky at the beggining, but not everyone can be Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Maradona or Del Piero from the first time they place their foot on the pitch!! When we bought Chiellini he wasnt much promising, but today he is the best defender in Italy and in the top five in Europe!!! For example imagine what would have Manchester United lost if they sold Giggs or Scholes or Beckham when they were young and they were shaky!!! I think that DC should get a first team status and i two seasons (max) you will see!!![/QUOTE]

You know you actually bring up some good points. Whether DP or dinho, somewhere they got 1st team action in whichever team, league or country they came from like DP from padova. But our board, scouts, and coach for the most part need to focus on player potential b/c I don't know what they heck they saw in molinaro. As far as I'm concerned in the 2 games DC has played in he has shown more potential and value than molinaro. I predict to start seeing more of DC than MONTH in the starting lineups

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
We aren't talking about DC, it's molinaro. And juve have been excellent with their youth, most of the actual serie A team have at least 2 players raised in juves academy. You can't expect all of our youth to stay at the club, we only keep the best over here. Tell me which youth player did we give away that turned into a "superstar'?....
I look at it as juve waiting a long time instead of getting them first team experience. My thoughts are young players get better quicker when surrounded by quality players on the field of play, not the primavera. They need to learn to handle the pressure sooner or later and if they are surrounded by players like neddy or DP or buffon to coach them as they play. Under certain circumstances a coach must give them PT in game, maybe not a CL after 2 years but a game like cagliari.

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
IMO, the current management are more willing to give young players from the academy a chance as compared to the period under the Triade.

As far as I can remember, there isn't any player from the Primervera who got to the senior squad and evolve into a superstar.

Its difficult to constantly play with young players and players from the academy and become world-beaters. If there is a chance, who wouldn't.

In a club of Juve's stature, its about winning. If the young players can't get u anywhere, then the club will have to purchase to get where they want the club to be ...

However, I do hope the trio of Gio, Marchisio and De Ceglie can make the difference and be an integral part of the club's future.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
to be fair to the Triade, I can't really think of any notable player from those Primavera days either...Maresca and Brighi haven't really set the footballing world on fire

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
Dude!! He doesnt have to become a "superstar" in another team!! A player could be a superstar in the first team he plays for!!! Tacinardi was awesome in Juve and he didnt play good in Vinareal!! But he was awesome in Juve!! Maybe Maresca, Balzareti, Miccoli....
Thats not what I meant. I was saying that we never let a great player from our youth leave us. Tachinardi was good, and he played for many years with us.

Our management will never let a great talent leave our club. Miccoli was very good but hes surely not better than del piero add the fact that he was a moron and didn't have the personality to stick in a team like juventus. Maresca and balzaretti are overrated, a la palladino.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
I'm torn over Palla...he does have some sweet skills but his game hasn't matured yet...and he's what, 24 now? Such a massive talent but still hasn't done anything of note :(

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
I'm torn over Palla...he does have some sweet skills but his game hasn't matured yet...and he's what, 24 now? Such a massive talent but still hasn't done anything of note :(
He reminds me so much of miccoli, he is definetly talented. But talent alone will not be enough at juventus. We didn't give him away just yet, which means our coaches still have hope for him, maybe in a year or 2 when dp tank runs low on fuel.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
He reminds me so much of miccoli, he is definetly talented. But talent alone will not be enough at juventus. We didn't give him away just yet, which means our coaches still have hope for him, maybe in a year or 2 when dp tank runs low on fuel.
Dude, all im saying is that Juve should give DC a chance, two seasons max!!! Because you must admit he did show some remarkable plays this past two games!!! At least let see for how long can he continue to play like that!!!! If Juve give him on loan or sell him in January or at the end of the season my point will be proven otherwise you win :)

Nejc

May 13, 2006
Dude, all im saying is that Juve should give DC a chance, two seasons max!!! Because you must admit he did show some remarkable plays this past two games!!! At least let see for how long can he continue to play like that!!!! If Juve give him on loan or sell him in January or at the end of the season my point will be proven otherwise you win :)
cyril is talking about palladino....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)