Paolo De Ceglie (37 Viewers)

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Well, Molinaro might be slightly better than DC defensively IMO. Overall, DC is way better than Molinaro, and I hope he starts most of the matches for us.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
He did well last night, but there still a few aspects that he could work on especially defensively. He missed a couple of headers here and there with some positional mistakes but overall he looks promising and more importantly confident.

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
I prefer him to Molinaro tbh. he crosses better and positions himself better for interceptions though this can still improve. I also hope he stops this thing of backing away from attacking wingers which seems to be part of all our full backs game

tibike

Dec 11, 2007
its still too early to say..
DC did got passed on quite few occasions and quite easy, and all ended up with pulling t shirt. I never saw that with molinaro
True, but he also had some nice interceptions and sliding tackles we never saw with Molinaro, too.

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
His crosses are just fine but he has to improve defensively,where Molinaro is much stronger.

We have to decide: Do we want to have a LB who can defend or cross well?
Huh? I wouldnt call myself a DC lover nor a Molinaro hater. But DC looked quite good defensively yesterday.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
I prefer DC to play as a LM/LW more than a LB. As for his defensive attributes, it can be improved. Just need more experience and physical stature.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Well, Molinaro might be slightly better than DC defensively IMO. Overall, DC is way better than Molinaro, and I hope he starts most of the matches for us.
:agree:

With two DMs and Chiellini as the left CB, we can afford to play De Ceglie for his attacking ability and cover his defensive weakness.

Miki

Jun 18, 2008
I agree. He can definitely attack better than Molinaro. As for defensive play, lets hope he can improve. Its not like Molinaro is a rock in defense...

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I agree. He can definitely attack better than Molinaro. As for defensive play, lets hope he can improve. Its not like Molinaro is a rock in defense...
PDC is better than molinaro in every aspect and the key thing to keep in mind is that he can only improve. i don't understand why moli-moli has stunted growth in terms of ability but thats just how it is i guess.

btw molinaro is dumb as a rock in defense

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
I prefer DC to play as a LM/LW more than a LB. As for his defensive attributes, it can be improved. Just need more experience and physical stature.

More experience in the first team, yes: more stature??? He's 1.84m (six foot?). How tall does he have to be? He is capable of holding his own!

His goal for us against Lecce in Serie B: -

He can run, ok too!

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
DC needs to be the new starting LB. Some of you say he has some positioning issues, that is an easy fix with some practices that would focus on his positioning. He made some nice challenges and with the shirt pulls, what italian defender doesn't pull shirts? For that matter, what great defender doesn't pull shirts when needed? The best thing I saw from DC was how confident he was when he attacked AND how much better and more accurrate his crosses were than molinaros. Please the only thing molinaro has over DC is spead. Again, to reiterate my thesis, ranieri can work with DC on positioning in practice and with experience. Now molinaros lack of defensive understanding/decisions will not come so easily. I say, stick with DC for now on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)