Paolo De Ceglie (118 Viewers)

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
But he was a different player yesterday, fought like a man, i mean he usually does ok going forward and crosses pretty good, but last night, I know it was against Novara and not many good players attacking him there, but I saw a different player, he fought, really fought,and was willing to get dirty and playing it rough..
He would be a very good backup,and yes I agree when we play the smaller teams, especially at home, he should be the LB and let Chiellini be CB,when we are playing away,he should stay on the bench..

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
See here is the thing about Tuz..if a player is good he's a Messi reincarnate .. if a player is bad he's the next motta. We all do that and I do as well.

However , I think some of the flak De Ceglie gets is very undeserved. He's a solid LB and thats where it ends. No need to wrtie him off, when called upon he'll do the job adequately .
Exactly right :tup:

I just said the guy is a decent player and a perfectly good backup for LB and some people here automatically assume this means I think he is the second coming of Paolo Maldini. But that's just Tuz for you.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
@ Baggio: Being better doesn't necessarily mean he is good. I can get 55% on an exam, while 70% of my classmates fail; technically I performed better than them, but my score still sucks!
No B81. I didn't say he was good. I said he wasn't good enough for many of us here despite being a better alternative to players we always bitch about. By that logic, we should be aiming for nothing less than Coentrao. I'm talking about working with what we have from within the ranks. PDC is about an average player on the world stage, but when a team is functioning well enough, he's good enough to get the job done. And from what I've seen off him, not just yesterday but in the past too, he gets some undeserving flak for his efforts. You can fault a guy whose talented and too lazy but you can't fault a limited player for putting in the miles with integrity.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
No B81. I didn't say he was good. I said he wasn't good enough for many of us here despite being a better alternative to players we always bitch about. By that logic, we should be aiming for nothing less than Coentrao. I'm talking about working with what we have from within the ranks. PDC is about an average player on the world stage, but when a team is functioning well enough, he's good enough to get the job done. And from what I've seen off him, not just yesterday but in the past too, he gets some undeserving flak for his efforts. You can fault a guy whose talented and too lazy but you can't fault a limited player for putting in the miles with integrity.
He's good enough to be a backup, considering what we've got to work with. I completely agree with that assessment.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Defensively Molinaro is better than De Ceglie.
exactly. They are almost complete opposites...Molinaro can defend, but his passing is on par with a donkey, whereas De ceglie has never shown any defensive prowess, yet can whip in the odd great cross and run like the wind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 118)