Palladino to Udinese (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Me thinks Gasbarroni is a quality player on this day. One of few true wingers out there in Serie A right now.:wink: .

Anyway, I don't think co-ownership is best of deals for youngsters. I believe there is a tendency in the game to unpredict the growth prospect of young players and hence undervaluation.
While co-owernship makes a lot of sense in terms of sporting aspects, which Dominic correctly points out, I can't imagine us netting more than 2m euros from this sale. If Palladino does well, then we have to pay accordingly to buy rest of his contract.
Obviously, by co-owning the player, we give Udinese the incentive to groom Palladino which they do not have if it was a simple loan, but at what cost?
Just to give example, Parma bought Adriano's contract for 1.5m and in a year and halfs time Inter had to spend over 16m to buy the rest of contract. To me, co-owning promising youngster just simply doesnt make a lot of economic sense.
I just hope we stop this practice, and simply make a deal with some team whereby we will consistently provide on an annual basis to loan young promising players. This gives the other team similar incentive to look after the young players, and at the same time enable us to fully capture the benefit of future development of loaned players.

Anyway, I agree with Dominic on Palladino. It is pretty obvious that Bojinov is in front of que in the pecking ATM, and we are probably better off in giving him more playing time against superior opposition.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
sateeh said:
i think that the concept behind co-ownership is to get short run results, u know some cash at hand.
I just think the cash we generate from these co-owernship is marginal at best, and I do not like the prospect of overpaying other teams for what they are essentially doing is developing our young future prospects.
Suppose that Palladino does well and we have to in the region of 4or5 m sterlings pounds to buy back his contract. We might as well as just take bank loan then.

IMO co-owernship makes more sense to the buying teams then the selling teams. Buying teams tend to smaller in size so they do not have the cash or ability to take risk in buying the whole contract of young players, and need some immediate help through aquisition. They also can make huge financial windfall if the young players do well.

I am not denying the possible benefit of co-ownership at at all. I think it has a potential to be beneficial for all parties, player, selling and buying teams.
Miccoli and Maresca IMO is a classic example when we benefited from such arrangement. However, overall, there seems to me IMO for a tendency in the market to undervalue the young-talented players, and if the management do genuinely believe that if young players can make the team with appropriate experience gained, then we might as well loan them.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
sateeh said:
I have no problems with the youngesters going out on loan or co-ownership deals to gain experience.
But we need motivated, enthusiastic players who would give their all for the team.You wont find that more than in the youth.

Also we cant do that all the time, we did it with Maresca where he always said he wanted to stay and serve the club. But wat happend to him? we loaned him and co-owned him till he ended up hating this club.

Anyway is it official?
God bless you :pint:

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Jun-hide said:
I just think the cash we generate from these co-owernship is marginal at best, and I do not like the prospect of overpaying other teams for what they are essentially doing is developing our young future prospects.
Suppose that Palladino does well and we have to in the region of 4or5 m sterlings pounds to buy back his contract. We might as well as just take bank loan then.

IMO co-owernship makes more sense to the buying teams then the selling teams. Buying teams tend to smaller in size so they do not have the cash or ability to take risk in buying the whole contract of young players, and need some immediate help through aquisition. They also can make huge financial windfall if the young players do well.

I am not denying the possible benefit of co-ownership at at all. I think it has a potential to be beneficial for all parties, player, selling and buying teams.
Miccoli and Maresca IMO is a classic example when we benefited from such arrangement. However, overall, there seems to me IMO for a tendency in the market to undervalue the young-talented players, and if the management do genuinely believe that if young players can make the team with appropriate experience gained, then we might as well loan them.
wouldnt that mean that the other "smaller" team would have to pay equivilant to that in the blind auction so that they could buy out our half or somthing ?

i see ur point, but i understand wats happening with the youngesters.I mean look at our deals going out till now...there wasnt one deal that didnt invlove cash.The management is looking at the financial benefit from every deal, and keeping the players or half of them in that matter, without letting them go.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
Palladino is unproven. Injury prone, and has never really excelled...yet.

Thats y i think this deal is good. A season of serie a experience will help him more than a season of serie b. If he does really good, we pull a Chiellini and outbid the other club.

curi83

Aug 9, 2006
There is the possibility that the co-ownership of Palladino is only one of a few transfer-deals with Udinese. Today i have read that if Palla will go to Udinese there are some possibilites to make clear the Deals for Felipe, Muntari and perhaps Zapata. I think we should try to give to Udinese Zanetti and palladino and some cash for Felipe and Muntari. That would be nice. Two youngsters with great prospect for Juve.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Shyne said:
Palladino is unproven. Injury prone, and has never really excelled...yet.

Thats y i think this deal is good. A season of serie a experience will help him more than a season of serie b. If he does really good, we pull a Chiellini and outbid the other club.
thats an overstatement dont u think? injury prone is the likes of Tudor,woodgate, Sebastian Deisler. The kid is still young and he got a big injury last season thats all that happend.Hes injured now cuz he got caught on the ankle in a friendly.

Abt the "unproven" part, hes young and you rarely see young players that r proven.He needs time and we should give him that.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
from goal.com
----------------------------------------------
Raffaele Palladino is close to a move to Udinese according to the General Director of the Friulani, Roberto Zanzi.

"We're almost there. Our objective was Borriello but Milan said that he's not for sale, therefore we asked Palladino from Juve, following his excellent season at Livorno."

Juventus and Udinese had already negotiated the transfer of Palladino in the previous weeks, when the Old Lady were after Udinese's Felipe.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
i dont see the point in us selling palladino, hes looked really good in pre season and i was hoping that this would be a time that we allow youngsters to shine in our first team and get experiance :(

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
It's terrible that even in serie B our young players get loaned out, but don't forget that with Del Piero, Bojinov and maybe even Trezeguet at the club there wasn't going to be that much playing time for Palladino anyway. Still, unlike 90% of our loaned players I was actually quite impressed by him.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Udinese are close to signing Under-21 international striker Raffaele Palladino from Juventus.

Udinese director general Roberto Zanzi has confirmed that the two clubs have almost finalised an agreement for the co-ownership of the 22-year-old.

“The deal is almost closed,” stated Zanzi. “Our primary target was Marco Borriello but Milan said he was not for sale, so we focused on Palladino following his excellent loan spell at Livorno.”

The player’s transfer to the Friulani may now favour the Turin club in the future, as they have eyed both Dias Felipe and Sulley Ali Muntari.

Udinese's highly-rated stopper Felipe has been paired with Juventus following the summer exits of Lilian Thuram, Fabio Cannavaro and Gianluca Zambrotta.

Midfielder Muntari has instead been courted by Portsmouth, but the Premiership club stated on Monday that it was unlikely they could meet the £11m valuation for the Ghana international.

Udinese may now consider offering the Turin giants an option to sign the pair next summer as part of the Palladino talks.

Furthermore, Juventus have not ruled out the idea of making an offer for world champion Vincenzo Iaquinta or the young Salvatore Foti.

The 18-year-old is co-owned by Udinese with current club Sampdoria, but has been paired with a loan move to Turin recently.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Furthermore, Juventus have not ruled out the idea of making an offer for world champion Vincenzo Iaquinta
i hope i never hear iauquinta's name and juventus in the same sentence ever again. :ferocious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)