Pablo Javier Zabaleta (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

khalidkassim

Feb 2, 2007
You all mention Juve reaching their goals the last two seasons...what scares me is that this year we have no clear goal..."a respectible finish in both competitions?"

That really leaves the success of our team this year up for debate unless they actually obtain silverware and no i dont mean the coppa italia.

I think Ranieri, Secco and Blanc took a look at the limited funds our team had and said what can we do so that we improve the team in certain parts of the field that will overcompensate for our weaknesses in other parts. We've got the world's best keeper, we'll buy a another dog fighter in the middle of the park so that our defense is bolstered from both the front and the back without signing any major star defenders. Then we'll buy an attacker that is used to creating goals out of nothing, that way we won't have to splurge on a playmaker and a striker at the same time...plus this gives our youngster Giovinco the chance to prove himself.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Its not how they thought, they thought that we need to make a team, able to beat the majority of the Italian serie A teams
and with the added help of our champions, that would be suffice to rank up third or forth, for a CL qualifier position and more income to sustain their salaries and nullify the investments needs.
In the mean time, they feed Juve fans with false hopes, suggesting they will strengthen our team with decent players, presented as top promising material.
And to further increase this irony, and extend their grace time, before the majority of Italian Juve fans abandon the team,
they declared that, they have a "5 year plan",
so the fans ought to have patience and expect absolutely nothing at this grace time.
Supporting Juve in the mean time and paying more tickets just to see their team getting disgraced and becoming an average serie A, one, like Fiorentina...

This is exactly their plan and this is exactly why they had to sign a yes man like CR, a coach with no ambitions for titles, but with a small salary and a happy face...

Creating illusions to the fans, by signing quick fixes with absolutely no long term plans. All of our transfers bar Sissoko are short term minded.
We fill the gaps with mediocre players or half finished/failed/crippled, like Almiron, Tiago, Andrade, Knezevic, Salih, Stendardo, Mellberg or even worse, Molinaro
and make a couple of crowd appeasing transfers, like Sissoko and Amauri, without considering any of our priorities in the field...
Esp Amauri's transfer proved that and Sissoko's timing too.

We have no plan, there is nothing to wait or hoped for, any illusions and lame excuses some ppl may have had the previous years, should be dismissed by now...

None of the players we bought indicate a long term plan to make as a high fly team in the future. We wont be competitive with the top teams, we will just be a bit better than Lazio, Palermo, Fiorentina, Sampdoria, Napoli etc
This is our plan for the next decade, as Camo pointed out and you better start learning to live with it...

Eventually, once in two years we might make a few more additions, like Sissoko and Amauri, only to appease the fans and slowly to replace our old guard of champions.
Only then we will now the true face of our future team...
I annually expect free and cheap players, like Mellberg and Poulsen, average/decent players, to create the backbone of our future team/
Players that cannot make any difference at the highest levels, but players good enough to create a team most of the average serie A teams, cant afford to sustain.
Our goals for now on and the next 3-4 years are 3-4th place in domestic championship, the semis of the Italian cup and going through the group stages in CL. I said that 2 years ago and it is now more obvious than ever!

Depending on our luck and our opponents we might occasionally overcome these standards, esp in cup type competitions, where everything can happen and the lesser teams have more chances...

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
No it's not official... I actually haven't see any solid quotations about the Man City connection, just mention of it on Goal.com...

I wouldn't be surprised if it happens though. At this price, I feel someone has to take a shot at Zabaleta...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
he does have more experience negotiating with players than everybody here, so i guess everybody who says "i would sign bla bla bla" should just stfu. No, it's obviously no piece of cake to sign someone ... Secco has only the experience he gathered with us, but that is nontheless more than any fan-transfer-guru here.
Actually, you don't even know that. There could be successful fund managers or agents or lawyers here (or on any forum) who have experience getting these sort of jobs done, so your point means fuckall. Negotiation is a skill that requires intelligence, not spending time sitting on the side of the football pitch.

That's why I nominate The Pado from this forum as a more suitable person for this position than Alessio Secco. He's a top lawyer who is surely more experienced in negotiation than most people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)