• Zambrotta

• Thuram

• Del Piero

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Okay so we crashed out to Liverpool at half strength with no guts whatsoever and about 2 shots on goal in total. It seems that our players are not all that they are cracked up to be, who do you think most deserves the infamous title?

Here are my candidates.

Nedved: mr. Golden Ball has been away from the pitch most of the year but in the brief moments we've seen him, we haven't really seen him. I recall a great goal to beat Messina and a nice shot past Kahn in the group play. Oh yes, that goal which sunk Ajax. Anyhow, what about the rest of those games? Against Liverpool he contributed about as much as Appiah. Last night the Norwegian tv "experts" all agreed that Nedved is one of the best midfielders in Europe. What a shame that it's not true.

Zlatan: mr. Look At Me was never known to be a reliable target man, a go to guy in tough moments and that reputation is here to stay. Last night he had a grand total of one ONE shot on goal (as opposed to Del Piero's ZERO) and otherwise he was marked out of the game. What good is it to have splendid ball reception and take down the most unlikely of passes when you have noone to lay it off to and can't come up with anything yourself? He may be an improvement on Di Vaio and Miccoli but deliver he does not. Tell me this.. he's always "very dangerous" and "wreaking havoc" against the big clubs but when does that ever win us games?

Trezeguet: mr. I Score Important Goals has gone missing this season. Out with injury for a long time, once he got back not a goal in what 7 games? His fitness/lost of form has been a disaster to our season and it would be crazy not to cash in come June. I'm just racking my brain trying to figure out who would want to buy him.

Zambrotta: it's not his fault that people were singing his name and putting him next to Maldini as the best left back since Cabrini or whatever. It's probably not his fault that Capello has insisted he play every game and somehow lost his form (and stamina?) along the way. But the fact is that as much as he is an able left back, he is far from being the offensive inspiration, Roberto Carlos-like, inch perfect crossing mastermind he was last year. His reputation superseeds him.

Thuram: mr. One Of The Best has become mr. Over The Hill. His time at Juve has been turbulent but he's clearly hit a downward slope. In the first 30 minutes against Liverpool last week he made Cannavaro look twice as good as him. He is shaky and not nearly as solid as he once was (Ferrara, Montero anyone?). It's simply unfair to other players out there to claim that we have the best central defence.

Del Piero: it's been done to death and I don't think anyone really overrates him anymore.

On par: Blasi, Emerson, Tacchinardi, Cannavaro, Buffon

Exceeding expectation: Camoranesi, :star: Zalayeta :star:

Buy on AliExpress.com

rae

Il Conservatore
Nov 12, 2003
IMO DP... then he started his professional career... I havent seen the reason why he become a star... and now... after 10 years I still do not see that......

Sep 28, 2002
it should be a multiple choice poll, cause they all suck.

but this year is probably zlatan. if its his first year and hes only adapting then why do many posters here treat him as second jesus?

Dust

Apr 6, 2005
For me your most overrated player is easily Del Piero - I don't think he's ever been as good as has been made out.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Dust ] ++
For me your most overrated player is easily Del Piero - I don't think he's ever been as good as has been made out.
Don't be ridiculous. He was probably the best player in the world for a two year period or so in the nineties.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I fail to see how you can include Nedved, Zambrotta, and Zlatan in this list. Nedved has been our top player since 2003 however injuries have really taken a toll on him. Zambrotta cannot be overrated because he does his job and sometimes never gets credit for it. Zlatan could be in their if you fail to see the good things he does or do not understand what three defenders do to forwards.

ADP Timers

Feb 4, 2004
Voted for Trez. With all his hype after returning in Jan from that long injury, and all his little ***** trips with the flu, toe injuries this and that. To coming out and knocking a big one in against REAL, then just playing like shite in every other match.

Sell him off. Im sick of him. Defly overrated, by the media especially. They make it seem like he has such a LARGE impact on this team, and is so deadly up top.

OVERRATED....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)