Oscar - AM (Center, Left, Right) - Chelsea F.C. (18 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
In my books he's worth max 25 mil, he's not a special talent warranting a fee over 30 mil. He's not great at anything rather good at a few things. He doesn't have great vision nor he is an exceptionnal passer, he's not a good dribbler, things that are necessary for a Trequartista.

I would rather for us to get someone who will enable us to play the 4-3-3 than break the bank for mediocre Oscar.
25M ::hustini2:: I'd rate him a bit higher than that, but if the rumour is true, then our initial valuation for the guy is pretty close to yours.

I wouldn't call Oscar mediocre tho :wine:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Mediocre? :lol: Ok, now i see it's just personal. You just hate the guy.

I know Oscar since his international/São Paulo days when he played a more offensive role, the Trequartista one and he was great at all those things, especially his vision and great passing. He didn't need to track back then and focused on creative forward plays to both strikers.

Now, what both Scolari and Mourinho did was realize he's a good hard working holding mid that can double on the flanks and gave him a much more defensive duty. Which IMO stopped him from progressing. I've a feeling if Allegri really gets him, seeing our team is set up, he might be played his old role again. And at that he's pretty good.

I watched Chelsea on many occasions last couple of years, never seen him make a killer pass, pass that break the defence ( Usually Fabregas or Hazard who makes them ) Never seen him dribble in tight spaces.... What does he excel at ? hardworking ?? we have plenty of those. We need creativity and he doesn't have that.
And by the way, mediocre = average and in my eyes he's an average player.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
There is a reason why Allegri keeps mentioning him first and foremost when it comes to attacking midfielders.

He wants a player with good vision and passing that can also track back and do the dirty work.

Isco is a better offensive player than Oscar, but Oscar is also more workmanlike.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
I watched Chelsea on many occasions last couple of years, never seen him make a killer pass, pass that break the defence ( Usually Fabregas or Hazard who makes them ) Never seen him dribble in tight spaces.... What does he excel at ? hardworking ?? we have plenty of those. We need creativity and he doesn't have that.
And by the way, mediocre = average and in my eyes he's an average player.
Then read my post again and you'll understand why he doesn't show. It's the role he's forced to play there. I could say the same about Pogba not having the same creativity and that killer pass as a good Trequartista because he... isn't one?

Give Oscar his old role behind the strikers on a system that lets him dictate all forward plays and he'll easily make us score goals. Saying he's no vision or intelligence is simply untrue and i don't even like the guy that much.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Then read my post again and you'll understand why he doesn't show. It's the role he's forced to play there. I could say the same about Pogba not having the same creativity and that killer pass as a good Trequartista because he... isn't one?

Give Oscar his old role behind the strikers on a system that lets him dictate all forward plays and he'll easily make us score goals. Saying he's no vision or intelligence is simply untrue and i don't even like the guy that much.
Its okay, its Cheesio. Working is a sin etc

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006

Meh, like i said i don't mind him here but only for the right price (25-28 mil ), Not for the prices being mentionned here.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I think Juve's rumoured valuation of the player seems fair. I'd rate Oscar at 25-28m, and probably 30m in the current mercato scenario. 35m would probably bring us closer to a possible 40m-45m that could get us Isco, and I'd go for the latter under the current circumstances.

Juventinho

Hamilton saved my ass...
Nov 4, 2004
I think Juve's rumoured valuation of the player seems fair. I'd rate Oscar at 25-28m, and probably 30m in the current mercato scenario. 35m would probably bring us closer to a possible 40m-45m that could get us Isco, and I'd go for the latter under the current circumstances.
45-50 won't get you Isco, Madrid won't sell anymore Spanish players and specifically Isco.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
:tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)