Oscar - AM (Center, Left, Right) - Chelsea F.C. (19 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
ISCO over this guy any day of the week.

God, Oscar is so overrated around here.
The word overrated is so overused these days. He'd be overrated if people were comparing him to the likes of Zico, Rivellino, etc...

He's simply a good hard working player with some skills. Nothing more, nothing less. Neither underrated or overrated.

Juventinho

Hamilton saved my ass...
Nov 4, 2004
ISCO over this guy any day of the week.

God, Oscar is so overrated around here.
Agreed, but he isn't coming, not now not in a 100 years. Madrid just activated Vasquez buy-back clause jut be cause he is homegrown so they won't sell a highly rated Spaniard anytime soon.

Also Oscar is far from his potential while Isco is closer to his, it's up to us to help Oscar achieve his and I believe we are the right club for it.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
The word overrated is so overused these days. He'd be overrated if people were comparing him to the likes of Zico, Rivellino, etc...

He's simply a good hard working player with some skills. Nothing more, nothing less. Neither underrated or overrated.

Agree with this, the problem is his price tag, some people here think 35 or 40 mil is a fair price for him.

Lancelot

Oct 24, 2011
Rather not get anyone than spend 40 mil on Oscar.
Don`t be naive. We`ll never spend 40m. We don`t have the money right now, unless we sell Vidal or Pogba.
If the rumours are to be believed and we offered 28m then I believe its fair price. 32m would be the highest bid I would offer.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
What would be a fair price for him?
In my books he's worth max 25 mil, he's not a special talent warranting a fee over 30 mil. He's not great at anything rather good at a few things. He doesn't have great vision nor he is an exceptionnal passer, he's not a good dribbler, things that are necessary for a Trequartista.

I would rather for us to get someone who will enable us to play the 4-3-3 than break the bank for mediocre Oscar.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
In my books he's worth max 25 mil, he's not a special talent warranting a fee over 30 mil. He's not great at anything rather good at a few things. He doesn't have great vision nor he is an exceptionnal passer, he's not a good dribbler, things that are necessary for a Trequartista.

I would rather for us to get someone who will enable us to play the 4-3-3 than break the bank for mediocre Oscar.
Mediocre? :lol: Ok, now i see it's just personal. You just hate the guy.

I know Oscar since his international/São Paulo days when he played a more offensive role, the Trequartista one and he was great at all those things, especially his vision and great passing. He didn't need to track back then and focused on creative forward plays to both strikers.

Now, what both Scolari and Mourinho did was realize he's a good hard working holding mid that can double on the flanks and gave him a much more defensive duty. Which IMO stopped him from progressing. I've a feeling if Allegri really gets him, seeing our team is set up, he might be played his old role again. And at that he's pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)