on the bench (1 Viewer)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Ehm yeah but then the US is a country of 50 states, a person with a superficial interest in geography may or may not be drawn to memorizing them.

Copenhagen, on the other hand, is a European capital and of the more significant cities in Europe.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Oh! Martin's going pro-Europe! ;)

If I was paid a nickle for all Brits I met that thought Amsterdam was a country, I'd be at least a thousand quid richer by now! Geography is just an internationally boring subject :D

SilvLightning

Sep 1, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
Copenhagen, on the other hand, is a European capital and of the more significant cities in Europe.
Well, that shows that I know nothing about Europe then. The only European countries that I know a bit more are Spain and Italy.

OP
Anders

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #65
    My old teacher, Knud would have loved it if I could answer that one. But I'm not sure... I think that the states west of AZ is California and Nevada. Phoenix should be in the middle of the state somewhere...

OP
    Anders

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #67
    No... Texas is to the east, but I think that the neighbour is New Mexico, and then Texas...

OP
    Anders

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #69
    Well isn't it just a big desert? Its actually quite big, but I never hear people talking about it... probably cuz there's nothing there... I don't know.

SilvLightning

Sep 1, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
    Ehm yeah but then the US is a country of 50 states, a person with a superficial interest in geography may or may not be drawn to memorizing them.

Forgot to say this but you have a very good point here.:thumb:

SilvLightning

Sep 1, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Karlberg ] ++
    My old teacher, Knud would have loved it if I could answer that one. But I'm not sure... I think that the states west of AZ is California and Nevada. Phoenix should be in the middle of the state somewhere...
    Yes, but Nevada is located north of AZ.
    I'm actually pretty impressed with you and Erick.:thumb:

OP
    Anders

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #74
    ++ [ originally posted by SG78 ] ++

Yes, but Nevada is located north of AZ.
    I just found a map when you wrote that. Nevada is located north of AZ... some of it. AZ's western border is covered by both Cali and Nevada. So they are both west of Arizona :stuckup:

SilvLightning

Sep 1, 2002
    Well isn't it just a big desert? Its actually quite big, but I never hear people talking about it... probably cuz there's nothing there... I don't know.
    Yes, it is a big desert. There's three over here in the Southwestern part of the US. There's the Mohave desert, which is in southern California, the Sonoran desert, which is here in AZ and extends down to Mexico, and the Chihuahuan desert, which covers parts of Texas and New Mexico.

SilvLightning

Sep 1, 2002

I just found a map when you wrote that. Nevada is located north of AZ... some of it. AZ's western border is covered by both Cali and Nevada. So they are both west of Arizona :stuckup:
    Yeah, northwest. But Cali covers most of the western border, so basically when we go to Las Vegas for example, we say we went up North.

SilvLightning

Sep 1, 2002
    You're right it does look pretty even. Nice research. :thumb: ;)

Anyway, what can you tell me about Copenhagen? We've been getting too much involved in where I live, let's talk about where you live now.

OP
    Anders

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #79
    Well... Copenhagen or København (the danish name) is the capital of Denmark. The city is known for the architecture and castles. The most famous danish castle is not located in Copenhagen though. But close... You may just have heard of it... Its in Helsingør or Elsinore as its called in english. (Elsinore castle... you know... Hamlet)

Don't really know what you wanna know... so feel free to ask.

OP
    Anders

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #80
    Many tourists go to see the statue of H.C Andersen and the statue of the little mermaid, known from one of his storys.

Others go to Christania. A beautiful place, which is known for the 'Pusher Street'. A place where you can buy all the the cannabis you wan't... but watch out for the cops! :D

There's also 'Tivoli Gardens'. A big park with all kinds of attractions. Its simply an amusement park... very beautiful!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)