'Official' ??? Zlatan to Juve. (5 Viewers)

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
the only downside to this is that we only bought one defender, coz we sure as hell know that we need at least 2 :down:

but Zlatan :extatic: not zlatan from juventuz....of course ;)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
It is a great move from Moggi and I think Capello has a great deal with that as he always rated Zlatan very high. He is a great asset to the team and he can do and gove a lot. I know his enthusiasm and I am sure he is hungry for success. The Miccoli issue is not a big deal, he will be back

Välkommen Zlatan, du är hemma :)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Juve have got some real quality in the first 11. But god forbid, we get hit with injuries, and im thinking we're going to be weaker than we were last term. Which is why, Maresca and Miccoli shouldnt have gone anywhere. Even with financial issues, we shouldve let go of players who are going to be doing precious little this season : Iuliano, Montero, Tudor (resigned for 3 years!), Zayaleta (like him, but it just doesnt seem to be working out for him here).

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
too true baggio. fingers crossed that we wont be hit with injuries like last season

what is it wiith juve? we strikers that score vital goals against Italy in euro competition :rofl: trez in euro 2000, and zlatan's awesome goal just recently :D

May 28, 2004
Juve move delights Ibrahimovic

Zlatan Ibrahimovic says he had no hesitation in accepting a transfer from Ajax to Italian giants Juventus.

The Swedish striker completed a surprise move on Tuesday after a fee of around £11m was agreed.

"Juventus were the best choice that I could make," he stated. "In Turin I will find teammates who are among the very best players in the Italian championship.

"A squad of this quality can only help to improve my qualities which will make me an even better player."

The 23-year-old also shot down theories that he may struggle to co-exist with David Trezeguet in attack.

"We are not similar players," noted the new boy. "He is one of the best strikers in the world while I can do other things. It will be a pleasure to feature alongside him."

Juventus boss Fabio Capello seems to have played a major part in the move as he had already requested the player while at Roma in the past.

"He is the best Coach around," explained Ibrahimovic. "He’s always rated me and I’m happy that he wanted me at his disposal."

However, Juventus have had to make sacrifices in order to net the youngster as Fabrizio Miccoli was sold to Fiorentina.

"He’s not failed here," stated director general Luciano Moggi. "We believe in the player and that is why we decided to keep a share in him.

"Unfortunately we looked at our finances and sacrifices needed to be made. That is why the deal took place."

Reports suggest that Miccoli is not happy with the move as he wanted to do battle with Alex Del Piero for a first team shirt.

The Italian international, who cost the Viola almost £5m, still has a contract with the Turin giants until 2008.

Channel4.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Nekton ] ++

Yea, that's a fact! :rolleyes: And Beckham only wears thongs while he's ballerina dancing all night long.
They both were to blaim. Just two little impulsive kids. But I reckoned Van der Vaart as a more mature player last year, so I think it has a to do with jealousy from his side as well.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by HWIENIAWSKI ] ++
I think he made a stupid choice-the best way to improve is to be pushed, and have the best possible competition. it's the best possible motivation, especially when the team you are fighting to play for is Juve!
Yea, but it's hard to compete with the club icon and Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
Just read that Capello might use a 4-3-2-1 formation alot too this season, it smells goals with this attack:

_____Zlatan__Del Piero

_______Trezeguet

Excellent ;)

When were short on one striker then a classic 4-4-2, which he also will use alot.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by IceBlu ] ++

Real only got Samuel and Owen. they didn't get Vieira, Emerson or Xabi Alonso. they aren't a balanced side at all.

Owen is AVERAGE ... at best.

Their midfield is a buch of wingers / attacking mids trying to be defensive mids.

Samuel will help but their defense needed more than just him. So even on paper Juve are superior to Real.

But Chelsea have a lot more depth. but f*ck em. thats not even a team... just a bunch of random individuals bought with laundered money and dressed up in blue.
you forgot Woodgate who will surely be great when he's fit...

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by _Emerson ] ++
Just read that Capello might use a 4-3-2-1 formation alot too this season, it smells goals with this attack:

_____Zlatan__Del Piero

_______Trezeguet

Excellent ;)

When were short on one striker then a classic 4-4-2, which he also will use alot.
and midfield will be with olivera, emerson and neddy?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Olivera, Emerson and Neddy is a bit unbalanced don't u think? Even with a 4-man backline, I wouldn't feel safe without the 2 defensive mids that we've grown so accustomed to. Then again, without Olivera on the right, we'd be pretty weak down the right flank...

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
Olivera, Emerson and Neddy is a bit unbalanced don't u think? Even with a 4-man backline, I wouldn't feel safe without the 2 defensive mids that we've grown so accustomed to. Then again, without Olivera on the right, we'd be pretty weak down the right flank...
I think we'd manage. But that would mean that our midfield has a hell of lot of running to do and one of our strikers should help out in midfield. And IMO any 4-3-3 is a weak formation.

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++
They both were to blaim. Just two little impulsive kids. But I reckoned Van der Vaart as a more mature player last year, so I think it has a to do with jealousy from his side as well.
Of course, it takes two to tango :) Whatever happened in Amsterdam I'm glad it did, it put Zlatan in Juve :angel:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)