'Official' ??? Zlatan to Juve. (10 Viewers)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++
I guess they must have used historic cost to calculate (Which is normal convention) Carrini's value, because we know for sure he isnt worth that much in current market.:).
Oh they're all a bunch of crooks in the HQ :D

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++

Oh they're all a bunch of crooks in the HQ :D
Haha I agree.
Assigning the value to the player who isnt traded in the market is somewhat aribitary. One thing that is certain is that, accountant will always find ways to overvalue assets.:D

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Art^ ] ++
Now i suddenly take Zlatan more serious in this forum ;)
Me? Why?

Anyways, I've read the official PDF documents on Juventus.com, and if I've understood it correctly (bloody techical lawyer talk), Cannavaro is valued at 10 mil €, Carini at 5.2, Miccoli at 14 and Chiellini at 7. If I understood correctly, carini was an a coownership deal with Standard, but we got him back for no fee because of their debt towards us.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Good info Zlatan,

I admire for you love with details.;):D.

However, just out of curiosity where is missing 4.8m in Canna deal?
The detail only makes sense if Inter has 4.8m debt on us and we write them off. Considering, there have been very little transaction in the transfer campaign with these two teams (As a matter of fact, none for many years), I doubt this is the case.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++
Good info Zlatan,

I admire for you love with details.;):D.

However, just out of curiosity where is missing 4.8m in Canna deal?
The detail only makes sense if Inter has 4.8m debt on us and we write them off. Considering, there have been very little transaction in the transfer campaign with these two teams (As a matter of fact, none for many years), I doubt this is the case.
Well, they dont have to be the same value to be traded. besides, player value is subjective, they might not value him as high as we do, it's all about what the clun needs.

Anyways, here, check it out for yourself and tell me if I missunderstood something (just change the extension to .pdf):

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Ok I am no expert on accounting but based on some of my knowledge:

Canna has to be placed as $10m on asset sheet.

In return, Carrini's 5.2m will be written off.

Still that means that our asset has increased by 4.8m.

But surely that means we have overstated our profits??!!;):D.

Anyway, I will check detail sometime later.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Actually I just checked it again, and you're right, Carini's transfer to Inter was valued as 10 mil €, as well as Canna's transfer to juve.

It seems that we payed 5.2 mil € (through written off debts) for Carini from Standard.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Now that I think of it it was a genious move to go for Zlatan since he is a great player could be the next Henry IMO (getting pass 5 players and scoring a goal and it wasn`t the first time I saw him do things like that...) and not only we got a great player we also weakened our opponent in the CL Ajax we got their best player!!!
now with the captures of Cannavaro and Zlatan I think it will be Juve Real and Milan for the Champions League and I think there is a slight advantage for Juve and Real over Milan

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Milan is the team to beat in Europe and Serie A IMO.
Real looks to be in a good shape for the first time last couple of years. I am not so keen on Arsenal and Chelsea doing well in Europe. They have too many over-hyped and overrated players IMO.
Takeaway, Milan and Real, I think there are very little difference between top teams IMO. The form and conditioning of a particular day as well as teamwork, and luck will decide who will in CL. I think we do have outside chance: But chance nonetheless.:)

Luigito

Mar 22, 2003
what a day for us!!

What a surprise

Canna and Zlatan are that we need. But maybe with Janko the tranfers for juve are over. Janko rejec the chance to play with de CSKA. He said that wants to play for Juve only

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
Lets not get ahead of ourselves, it is a good team, but not as good as Real, or Chelsea, at least player-wise.

Real only got Samuel and Owen. they didn't get Vieira, Emerson or Xabi Alonso. they aren't a balanced side at all.

Owen is AVERAGE ... at best.

Their midfield is a buch of wingers / attacking mids trying to be defensive mids.

Samuel will help but their defense needed more than just him. So even on paper Juve are superior to Real.

But Chelsea have a lot more depth. but f*ck em. thats not even a team... just a bunch of random individuals bought with laundered money and dressed up in blue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)