'Official' ??? Zlatan to Juve. (2 Viewers)

ADP Timers

Feb 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Nekton ] ++

I believe that within a few months Zlatan and Trez will form our attack. Zlatan/Miccoli wouldn't have worked since none are a prolific scorer, Trez is needed. Spending €15-19m on a bench player is not something I see Juve doing. And, yes, DP is crap.
Funny words coming from a Swede.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Buffonisgod

7-1-3 where you at?
Apr 12, 2004
++ [ originally posted by ADP Timers ] ++
Zlatan has the strength and height of Trez, but the skill of Ronaldinho. I welcome him.
I like Zlatan, but he is nowhere near the skill of Ronaldinho. There are maybe 2-3 players in the world who have his skill.

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
++ [ originally posted by ADP Timers ] ++
Funny words coming from a Swede.
Lots of Swedes hate him to be honest, ignorant bastards or just racists IMO. I used to feel that he was just talented but lately (last 1-2 years) he's excelled to a world class striker. There's just no denying it.

I'm proud that he's a Swede and now also a Bianconeri. What's wrong with that?

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
Juve complete double swoop
Tuesday, 31 August 2004

Juventus FC have signed Sweden striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic from AFC Ajax for around €19m while also completing a deal for defender Fabio Cannavaro from FC Internazionale. The latter transfer is an exchange agreement which sends Uruguayan goalkeeper Fabian Carini in the opposite direction.

Scored against Italy
Ibrahimovic, who scored a memorable goal against Italy at UEFA EURO 2004™, arrives at the Stadio Delle Alpi for a reported €19m. The 22-year-old is understood to have signed a four-year contract, official confirmation of which will follow later today. Ibrahimovic scored 13 goals in 16 games to help Ajax win the Eredivisie title last season. He had joined the Amsterdam club from Malmö FF in 2001 for €7.8m and in 2002 hit the winning goal in the Dutch Cup final.

Conflict
Juventus are acquiring a virtuouso talent, an example of which came on 22 August in a 6-2 victory over NAC Breda, when he dribbled past five NAC defenders and the goalkeeper to score. However, he had caused unrest in the Ajax squad after a couple of crude challenges on club colleagues during Sweden's friendly against the Netherlands earlier this month, one of which sidelined the Ajax captain Rafael van der Vaart with an ankle injury. Ironically, Juventus's first UEFA Champions League assignment is away to Ajax on 15 September.

Four-year deal
Cannavaro's arrival in Turin was less of a surprise. The 30-year-old defender has agreed a four-year contract with the Bianconeri, which will pay him the €9m he would have collected in the two years left on his Inter deal. The San Siro club were prepared to lose the Italy captain having signed eight players this summer, including defenders Sinisa Mihajlovic and Nicolas Burdisso.

Parma old boys
Cannavaro made his Serie A debut as an SSC Napoli player against Juventus in 1993. He joined Parma FC in 1995/96 before moving to the San Siro in a €23m deal two years ago. At Juventus he will be reunited with his former Parma team-mates Gianluigi Buffon and Lilian Thuram.

Carini contract
"I'm sure that Thuram and Cannavaro will form a great defensive partnership again," Juventus coach Fabio Capello said. Meanwhile, the 24-year-old Carini has inked a four-year contract with Inter. The Uruguayan international transferred to Juventus in 2000/2001 but spent the last two seasons on loan at R. Standard de Liège in Belgium.

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/UCL/news/Kind=1/newsId=220995.html

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

Lots of Swedes hate him to be honest, ignorant bastards or just racists IMO. I used to feel that he was just talented but lately (last 1-2 years) he's excelled to a world class striker. There's just no denying it.

I'm proud that he's a Swede and now also a Bianconeri. What's wrong with that?
Ibrahimovic can become a world class player. But at the moment he fouls too much, dribbles too much and talks too much. Nonetheless it's better to have someone who could be world class but just hasn't reached his potential yet than someone who has reached his potential but simply isn't world class material.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Why on earth did we give Micco away. Takes away the awesome moves we made today. But i guess Micco doesnt have the patience, and belief that he would actually have a role to play even with Zlatan's arrival.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

I believe that within a few months Zlatan and Trez will form our attack. Zlatan/Miccoli wouldn't have worked since none are a prolific scorer, Trez is needed. Spending €15-19m on a bench player is not something I see Juve doing. And, yes, DP is crap.
He isn't. Zlatan will never reach the heights Del Piero did IMO. But then again it's impossible to compare them as they are so different.

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++
Ibrahimovic can become a world class player. But at the moment he fouls too much, dribbles too much and talks too much. Nonetheless it's better to have someone who could be world class but just hasn't reached his potential yet than someone who has reached his potential but simply isn't world class material.
That's your opinion Seven, IMO he's world class already :)

++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++
He isn't. Zlatan will never reach the heights Del Piero did IMO. But then again it's impossible to compare them as they are so different.
Yes, nowadays people get caught when taking steroids... :undecide:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

That's your opinion Seven, IMO he's world class already :)

Yes, nowadays people get caught when taking steroids... :undecide:
The steroids are exactly what made Del Piero a bad player IMO. If he wouldn't have become so muscular he would have remained great. And if there is anyone who would like to be strong so he could fight even more it would be Zlatan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)