Official Zlatan Ibrahimovic Thread (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete

Nov 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by DelpieroForLife ] ++

I cannt think of a Juve fan who think this way... makes no sense..
Oh there are plenty..this forum is full of them. I'm surprised the domain Pessimists.com doesn't take you to the Matches sub-forum on here. :wallbang:

Oct 29, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Muscolino9 ] ++
I think all of those who wish to see Zlatan fail will be very disappointed. This guy's going to be at Juve for years to come and will come about to be one of the top 5 strikers in the world..we'll come to really depend on him..just you wait - I depend on him now.
dude normally wants him to fail, anything for juve to succeed, top 5 strikers in the world, i very much doubt it. but we will depend on him at juve i think

Armada

Oct 30, 2003
New interview with Zlatan, from Gazzetta dello Sport:

Zlatan, have you noticed that the upcoming week isn't any ordinary week?
-Yes. First Roma and then Real Madrid just a few days later. Those are two very important matches but we have to take them one at a time. Right now we're focusing on Roma.

Who's the most dangerous player in Real Madrid?
-The whole team is dangerous but Zidane really impressed me in our first encounter, he had a fantastic match.

How big is your chance to proceed in the CL?
-Big. If I didn't think we would be able to proceed, I would stay home and watch the match on TV.

Bigger or smaller than 50%?
-Bigger, bigger. Ninety minutes is a long time.

Zlatan also ensures Gazzetta dello Sport he's happy that his forward partner - and competitor - Alessandro Del Piero has gotten back his good form.
-He has been good all along. Alè is always important to Juve, he's an extra weapon. And now he's scoring a lot again too, says Zlatan.

You on the other hand, after the promising first part of the season, is playing worse now. What has happened?
-It just happens sometimes. You have good times and less good times. I might not be brilliant right now but I train well and I think positive thoughts, I'm also only 23 years old and I have a lot ahead of me.

So you're pleased then?
-No, because I can do better. But the important thing is to be happy and enjoy playing football. It would be awful to not be happy when we're at the top of the league.

Curino points out that Juventus aren't alone at the top anymore and Zlatan responds:
-The last few weeks Milan has surely had more luck than us. It happens: maybe we had more luck in the beginning. Now it's tied.

You have lost an eight point lead.
-But we're still at the top, right?

Roma on saturday and Real on wednesday. The league or Champions Leage, what will be the easiest?
-Neither of them, nothing is easy. We're focusing on both, we have to, otherwise we wouldn't be top class players of Juventus.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Juventus get Zlatan temperament
Friday, 1 April 2005

By Paolo Menicucci

He may not have scored since 12 February but few at Juventus FC would deny that Zlatan Ibrahimovic has become a key member of the squad.

Supporting role
The Swedish striker has made a brilliant start to his career in Turin since joining from AFC Ajax last summer and has already scored ten goals in Serie A. Despite failing to find the net in the last six weeks, he has continued to perform well and his assists for his attacking partners have been vital for the Bianconeri both in Serie A and the UEFA Champions League.

Important assists
Among the highlights of his most recent games was a wonderful back-heeled pass which allowed Alessandro Del Piero to score in an important 1-0 win over Reggina Calcio and, most of all, the clever headed pass for David Trezeguet against Real Madrid CF in the return leg of the Champions League first knockout round. The French striker's goal wiped out Madrid's first-leg advantage, setting the stage for Marcelo Zalayeta's strike to seal Juventus's 2-1 aggregate victory in extra time.
Everybody wants to win it, but only the best can
Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Trophy target
The Serie A joint-leaders will now face Liverpool FC in the quarter-finals on 5/13 April and Ibrahimovic hopes his side can continue their fantastic run. "My dream is to win the Champions League, of course," he told uefa.com. "That's why you play it. It's exciting and it's the biggest tournament for clubs. Everybody wants to win it, but only the best can."

Helpful environment
There were no doubts about the tall striker's skill when he arrived in Turin, but the 23-year-old has surprised most of the observers by adapting extremely quickly to life in Serie A. The former Malmö FF forward believes that the environment he found at the club helped him during his first days in Italy.

Stable team
"I don't have any special friends among my team-mates because I enjoy a very good relationship with the whole team," he said, adding of his mentor at the Stadio Delle Alpi: "[Fabio] Capello is a great coach, the best I have had during my career and the best around, in my opinion."

Trusting coach
Ibrahimovic has only sweet words for the coach, who also attempted to sign him two years ago when he was at AS Roma. "I feel that I'm improving as a player under Capello," he said. "I am playing better at Juventus than I did at Ajax because here I can develop my qualities and play exactly how I like to play. I have space and I feel the full trust of the coach and the club."

Winning run
The striker has not lost the smile on his face, despite his goal drought in March. "I feel in good condition and I think everything is going well for Juventus," he said. "I have been a bit unlucky when I missed a few chances recently, but we continued to win games and that's the only thing that really counts."

Madrid memories
Ibrahimovic has only Madrid on his mind when asked about his best memories in the Champions League. "My favourite Champions League stadium is where I played my last European away game, the Bernabéu," he said. "My favourite player is Ronaldo and my favourite goal is the fantastic left-foot volley scored by [Zinedine] Zidane in the 2001/02 final [against Bayer 04 Leverkusen]."

Finishing touch
After helping Juventus to beat the Spanish giants in the last 16 of the Champions League, Zlatan could yet be the man to emulate Zidane in the final in Istanbul on May 25

uefa.com

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Zlatan has surpassed Ronaldo ;) now it's only Ronaldinho / Adriano left :D Then he is at the real top with the likes of Shevchenko ;)

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
I don't think that Zlatan its near Ronaldinho, Adriano or Shevchenko, he still has alot to grow and I think he will grow, but at he moment Ronladinho its very far...

And Im also not very convince that he surpassed Ronaldo, I mean Ronaldo form has been bad in these days but he still is one of the most dangerous players in the world and at the moment I don't know if we can compare Ronaldo with Zlatan...

Anyway...

Forza Zlatan, I hope he can socre the next match to end his dry period

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
yeah. All he need to learn is scoring goals like crazy. Man, I can't possibly imagine Zlatan to score 2 goals in one game. Ronaldo on the right day can easily score a hat-trick... but I think Zlatan has surpassed him when he learns how to score a lot.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by David Del Piero ] ++
yeah. All he need to learn is scoring goals like crazy. Man, I can't possibly imagine Zlatan to score 2 goals in one game. Ronaldo on the right day can easily score a hat-trick... but I think Zlatan has surpassed him when he learns how to score a lot.
He scored 4 goals in ur country's qualifying game against Malta.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++
Once he learns to score goals he will be among the most respected forwards in the game
Coveted or admired maybe,but I'd associate alot more forwards with respect before someone of Zlatan's character.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Zlatan may not have the most respectable personality on the pitch, but if he can combine deadly goalscoring with his endless array of trickery, he can become one of the most feared attackers in the game

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Finishing can be improved far more easily than dribbling technique and skill.In Zlatan's case he's already one of the best forward dribblers in the business,if he works on his finishing and decision making he has a great future ahead of him.Imo Capello's making it a little too easy for him,by giving him a starting place in every match even when he has Del Piero and Trezeguet at his disposal Zlatan is assured as the coach's favourite and thus may not see a need to improve or work as hard.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Good points about Zlatan

1) He is creative.
2) He has great dribbling techniques. If he can dribble against Italian defenders it would be better.
3) Has great physical strength. Juz look at how he knocked Helguera + Samuel down in the home game against Real.
4) He is fast for some1 as tall as 1.92 m

Bad points

1) Cannot finish. Wanna faint/cry everytime I see him miss a chance.
2) Personality problems. Didn't find it surprising that he was banned for elbowing a player b4.
3) Bad decision making. Doesn't know when to release the ball

For some reason Capello lets him take free kicks when there r obviously better FK takers than him. And I don't wanna see him take penalty kicks. Capello is impressed about Zlatan's good points and let's him play every game, no matter he is great/lousy. He sees Zlatan as a player who is more on form compared to the other 2, so he gets the nod. But I hope that Zlatan can or should train more on his finishing + decision making. By den he is guaranteed to be 1 of the greatest forwards along with Sheva + Adriano + Ronaldinho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)