Official Zlatan Ibrahimovic Thread (15 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by pecker ] ++
The thing with Zlatan in Juve is that he's been given a role which he clearly doesn't fit playing in. He needs to be able to get the ball facing goal to be able to use he's technic to the max.

Zlatan got more simuilaryties to Giuly, Duff and Kaká then RVN, Trezeguet and Vieri. And I bet they would flop at this position in this Juve as well.
That's why we should play the trident upfront. Give DP and Zlatan free roles to do what they want, drop deep, pull wide, whatever. Trezeguet will be the point striker waiting to finish off any chances that come his way. When DP and Zlatan play together they both want to drop deep and pull wide and that can't happen because there has to be someone in the centre. With Trez in the team they can do as they like and David won't mind playing that point striker role one bit.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
Yes, I agree as well. Zlatan and Del Piero cant play alone together, they have to have a point man in the middle.
It was the same with Miccoli and Del Piero too.

Shenanigans

Nov 29, 2003
uh...zlatan was one of our better players against real.

listen, if nedved had chipped that shot just a bit higher and scored, you ALL wouldve been praising zlatan for that assist.

juventus fans are so fickle its quite sick.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Hahhaha If Zlatan was one of the best that game, then we outclassed Real Madrid, or perhaps you mistook Zlatan for Zidane :)

Shenanigans

Nov 29, 2003
one of the BETTER. read it carefully...!

plus zidane was good, but a lot of the times he was tackled by blasi and emerson in the middle. plus he dived quite a bit.

that one where him and blasi were running alone for a ball in midfield and he just fell over and won a free kick, and then that ruckus broke out with gravesen again LOL.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Zlatan wasn't very good against Real; then again the rest of the team didn't really help him get into the game either. He had one shot on target and a decent pass for Nedved, who probably should've shot harder but looked like he was worried about injuring himself. Either way, our attack sucked against Real

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
yeah. I hate that Zidane dived so much. man, i really got annoyed with the referee too!! man we shouldve got a freekick when Emerson were tackled!

jakobg

Sep 1, 2004
I remember how the Ajax fans sounded in Zlatan's first season over there. 'This guy can never be our man' and 'Ibrahimovic has absolutely no skills' - a year later most of them thought he was the most important player in the team.

Zlatan has matured a lot since, and is playing waaay better football in his debut season in Serie A than he did in his first Eredivisie season.

My point is: All you guys that don't like Zlatan, don't judge so fast. Give him some time, it's his first year with new team mates, new country, new formation (remember that he played 4-3-3 as only striker for 3 years) and most important of all - a much better league.

Zlatan will adapt to the Italian style of football and he will be world class player for many years to come. Mark my words.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by jakobg ] ++
I remember how the Ajax fans sounded in Zlatan's first season over there. 'This guy can never be our man' and 'Ibrahimovic has absolutely no skills' - a year later most of them thought he was the most important player in the team.

Zlatan has matured a lot since, and is playing waaay better football in his debut season in Serie A than he did in his first Eredivisie season.

My point is: All you guys that don't like Zlatan, don't judge so fast. Give him some time, it's his first year with new team mates, new country, new formation (remember that he played 4-3-3 as only striker for 3 years) and most important of all - a much better league.

Zlatan will adapt to the Italian style of football and he will be world class player for many years to come. Mark my words.
Exactly, that's wad I want to say for a long time. But I still feel that he needs to work on his finishing and try not to dribble pass every Italian defender when he should pass.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by jakobg ] ++

agree

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
I get the impression a lot of people here don't like Zlatan because he has taken DP's place in the starting 11.

I agree Zlatan needs to improve in certain areas, heading, decision making etc, I'm not claiming he is the finished product yet - in fact he is far from it.

But, this Juve team is particularly uncreative, and I don't think Zlatan gets the credit he deserves for providing (at the very least) an outlet for the midfield to pass the ball to without it coming straight back at them (as it does when Trez or DP gets the ball - either through losing it or passing straight back).

On the whole, Zlatan is usually the only attacker who takes the pressure off the midfield and can cause defenders problems and create for the others. Yes, he needs to learn when to let go of the ball, but I think he has been hugely important to us this season.

Oct 29, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Monkfish ] ++
I get the impression a lot of people here don't like Zlatan because he has taken DP's place in the starting 11.

I agree Zlatan needs to improve in certain areas, heading, decision making etc, I'm not claiming he is the finished product yet - in fact he is far from it.

But, this Juve team is particularly uncreative, and I don't think Zlatan gets the credit he deserves for providing (at the very least) an outlet for the midfield to pass the ball to without it coming straight back at them (as it does when Trez or DP gets the ball - either through losing it or passing straight back).

On the whole, Zlatan is usually the only attacker who takes the pressure off the midfield and can cause defenders problems and create for the others. Yes, he needs to learn when to let go of the ball, but I think he has been hugely important to us this season.
i agree but he is just so annoying

Dec 26, 2004
Zlatan had to know one thing...

He might be trying to look briliant with the ball by trying to do somthing extraordinary everytime he touch it...
But I think most of Juve's fan here agree with me that being slefish and losing the ball so stupidly don't help his show...

When I watch a Juve game with my Milanista friends they all critsize Zlatan and make fun of him when he makes one of his unprofessional decisions with ball, they think that Zlatan might have a good telanet but he is far from being proffesional yet.....

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Monkfish ] ++
You're dead wrong there. It's very irritating and frustrating that whenever people criticise a forward it's because "that forward has pushed DP out of the starting 11". Grow up, Monkfish. Zlatan needs to be criticised as he's simply not good enough yet.

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++

Grow up, Monkfish. Zlatan needs to be criticised as he's simply not good enough yet.
It's all very well you saying Zlatan 'needs' to be criticised, so why do you start a completely new thread to cut down on all the criticisms of DP? You seem to think it necessary to criticise Zlatan, and then moan when people do the same to DP. That is a slightly contradictory attitude.

I agree and can empathise with people who feel they want to criticise Zlatan, my post recognised some of his faults and he annoys me at times too. However, I am of the opinion that Zlatan has been our most effective forward this season and played an important part in us being where we are.

I still think Zlatan has a long way to go, but that just demonstrates how bad the other attackers have been in comparison. He may be greedy, try too much, not pass at the right time, be poor in the air...but he has still been a damn sight better than the other forwards. What does that say for them?

I don't need to grow up at all Seven, I just don't really see how a lot of the people here criticise Zlatan, but then want DP in his place?? If someone much better than Zlatan was on the bench, then I would completely agree and want that person on instead, but DP isn't worthy of replacing Zlatan...so what other choice does Capello have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)