Official Zlatan Ibrahimovic Thread (19 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akerman

Oct 20, 2005
Katil said:
So what if did sign up for Zlatan? I did the same thing, I first signed up to see what people thought about the signing.

There are plenty of people here who aren't fans of Juventus nor the players.

Maybe you don't sign up here because you are a Juventus fan at first, but if you havn't changed after a couple of months being here, you have no heart.

Seven was spot on with that list he did a couple of pages back about Zlatan, and Rab is right about Del Piero, if you can't see the brilliance of this player, on and off the pitch, you will never really see it in anyone else.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
its just a shame really...this shouldnt happen, doesnt make that his fitness level is so down

he better be in shape by saturday, but he wont have a good WC AT ALL. And he will get more frustrated which will effect him next year

Sep 1, 2002
“Iron rusts from disuse; water loses its purity from stagnation ... even so does inaction sap the vigour of the mind.”

Leonardo da Vinci

Can we rename this thread:
The lowest common denominator, handbags at Dawn club?

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
Akerman said:
Maybe you don't sign up here because you are a Juventus fan at first, but if you havn't changed after a couple of months being here, you have no heart.
I didn't say I never became a Juventus fan. Or, I wouldn't want to call myself a real fan, though its my favourite team outside Sweden. I really have a hard time "falling in love" with a club outside the boarders.

Seven was spot on with that list he did a couple of pages back about Zlatan, and Rab is right about Del Piero, if you can't see the brilliance of this player, on and off the pitch, you will never really see it in anyone else.
Seven got a habit of exaggerating everything that has anything to do with Zlatan, I agree on some points but I do not think most of them are such a big deal.

Del Piero is a classy football player, though I am not impressed by his performances the years from his injury to this season. Before Zlatan came he played regardless of form, just like Ibra is doing now and deserved to be benched. Now Zlatan is in the same situation, his out of form and Alex deserves to play. Del Piero has been unlucky with Capello and Ibra has been unlucky with his situation. I knew the fans wouldn't let anyone live up to the great one until he retires.

Classy of the field, hum yes his got quite the repetation. Though I take such things with a pinch of salt. I don't know the guy at all, everything I know about him has gone throw the media and for me that's just marketing. Though I agree that he has got more class than most footballers out there.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Del Piero was backheeling goals in CL finals when Zlatan was a frustrated teen who'd just hit puberty. Shame on you Katil, for even comparing the two.

Del Piero the greatest!

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Katil said:

Del Piero is a classy football player, though I am not impressed by his performances the years from his injury to this season. Before Zlatan came he played regardless of form, just like Ibra is doing now and deserved to be benched. Now Zlatan is in the same situation, his out of form and Alex deserves to play. Del Piero has been unlucky with Capello and Ibra has been unlucky with his situation. I knew the fans wouldn't let anyone live up to the great one until he retires.

Oh Please....You're not Impressed eh???

I'm not going to waste my time repeating the same thing as we've have these debates millions of times.

-First of all, in these 6years he only had one bad season under Lippi 03-04(Not to forget the Injuries he had that season...against roma, Deportivo and so on)

Last year, talking about the amount of time he was playing, he was the most decisive player in Serie A, If you didn't know that. Scoring 15goals.

This year, I'm not going to comment, I guess you know that he's been our best player alongside Cannavaro and Trezeguet.

....and If you wanna talk about 02/03 season and 01/02 then I suggest you take a look at the stats....Not to mention being Best Italian Player season 02-03.

So I suggest people get over it and stop coming with this nonsense "Since Dp got injured he's never been the same"....It's getting Old, really old.

Zlatan unlucky with his situation??? explain more....

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Azzurri7 said:

I'm not going to waste my time repeating the same thing as we've have these debates millions of times.

-First of all, in these 6years he only had one bad season under Lippi 03-04(Not to forget the Injuries he had that season...against roma, Deportivo and so on)

Last year, talking about the amount of time he was playing, he was the most decisive player in Serie A, If you didn't know that. Scoring 15goals.

This year, I'm not going to comment, I guess you know that he's been our best player alongside Cannavaro and Trezeguet.

....and If you wanna talk about 02/03 season and 01/02 then I suggest you take a look at the stats....Not to mention being Best Italian Player season 02-03.

So I suggest people get over it and stop coming with this nonsense "Since Dp got injured he's never been the same"....It's getting Old, really old.

Very true,and nothing more to add!:agree:

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Azzurri7 said:

although i disagree with him but i know wat hes getting that... If u compare alex's pre injury performance and after he got back from injury there would be a vast difference.
Saying that since he got back from injury his form was on the down is an exaggeration, as although he had some bad seasons possibly a max. of two but he always has an impact and again although he had some bad games here and there but overall hes been having good seasons.

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
Azzurri7 said:

Please, he was almost as awful that year as Zlatan was this year. Only that he scored a couple of more goals. The difference is he played less and finished the season in a fantastic way.

I remember there was a couple of bandwagons going on back then in favour to sell Del Piero, just like a lot want to get rid of Zlatan now.

He has been our best player, for sure. Trezeguet and Cannavaro has been great but none has had the same importance to our team.

....and If you wanna talk about 02/03 season and 01/02 then I suggest you take a look at the stats....Not to mention being Best Italian Player season 02-03
I chose to believe what my eyes show me, not what statistics tell me.

02-03 He was among the best in the world, perhaps he deserved the Balon D'or that year. He has not been as consistant as he was. Before Zlatan he wasn't good for two(?) years, after the injury is starting to get kind of cliché, I admit it and I am sorry for the exaggeration.

Actually that was not what I meant. I saw a lot of who he used to be this season. The small glimces of brilliant, the great influence, the fantastic vision.

With the fans, not on the pitch. Zlatan is a bit, well Zlatan. A player with a little special rough personality in his situation in the club is automatically compared to Del Piero by the fans throw the media. Of course people dislikes him when Del Piero is treated badly.

By the way I am not biased against Del Piero as you think, I started to like him as I was a teenager, even though I felt nothing for Juventus. In fact I begged my father to buy his jersey as my first one, but my dad wanted me to have a Swedish player jersey instead... Yei Dahlin at Roma. :lazy:

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
Jem83 said:
Del Piero was backheeling goals in CL finals when Zlatan was a frustrated teen who'd just hit puberty. Shame on you Katil, for even comparing the two.

Del Piero the greatest!
Yes what a crime to compare two of our forwards who fight for the same position. :lazy:

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Katil said:
Please, he was almost as awful that year as Zlatan was this year. Only that he scored a couple of more goals. The difference is he played less and finished the season in a fantastic way.
Awful when??

I admit he wasn't that good year 03-04 or lets say unlucky due to Injuries. But I can't remmber Alessandro having an Awful season. Would be appreciated Id you tell me what season, please.

I remember there was a couple of bandwagons going on back then in favour to sell Del Piero, just like a lot want to get rid of Zlatan now.
These bandwagons you're talking about most of them were Zlatanist from Sweden mostly:rolleyes:.

With the fans, not on the pitch. Zlatan is a bit, well Zlatan. A player with a little special rough personality in his situation in the club is automatically compared to Del Piero by the fans throw the media. Of course people dislikes him when Del Piero is treated badly.
What do you actually expect from the fans when they see a young player like Zlatan having a bad attitude??? What do you expect from them when they see Zlatan recieving red cards for his silly actions(thank god he stopped that lately). What do you expect from the fans when Zlatan is always giving the nod to start and after 25 or 26games Cannavaro is ahead of him with goals...See, It's always up to the player to let the fans like him or not. He's the remote control.

By the way I am not biased against Del Piero as you think, I started to like him as I was a teenager, even though I felt nothing for Juventus. In fact I begged my father to buy his jersey as my first one, but my dad wanted me to have a Swedish player jersey instead... Yei Dahlin at Roma. :lazy:
Now this is just sad:D

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
He'll never become a classy man...

----------------------------------------------------------------

Swedes enjoy day off

BREMEN, Germany (AP) - Sweden's players were given the day off Tuesday -- the country's national day -- after high intensity training raised fears that their performance could be affected.

"We have pulse watches that show how they're doing and they reached "red" level throughout last week when we trained in Stockholm, and also here in Bremen," Swedish coach Lars Lagerback said. "Hard practice is effective long-term, but there is also a short-term risk: your performance level can decrease."

Lagerback said practice was cancelled because "of the high intensity during workouts for the past 10 days in Stockholm and here."

"We want them to be 100 per cent on June 10," said Lagerback, referring to the Group B opener against Trinidad and Tobago in Dortmund.

"The players have worked out so hard. We're so close to the (opening match). We want them to relax and we'll only have some theoretical discussions with the players."

The Swedes will resume training on Wednesday and will also work out Thursday in Bremen before leaving Friday for Dortmund, where they will work out the day before the opener against Trinidad and Tobago.

The other group teams are Paraguay and England. Sweden and England drew 1-1 in the 2004 World Cup en route to first place in the "Group of Death" that also included Argentina and Nigeria.

On Tuesday some players went golfing. Others visited a Mercedes Benz factory. Five other players, including Juventus star striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic, enjoyed cappuccino at an outside cafe in Bremen's main square.

Ibrahimovic, who has a stormy relationship with some Swedish media people, got angry at Swedish photographer Erich Stering, who asked if he could take one picture and then leave the players alone.

"This is private," Ibrahimovic barked, according to photographer Stering, who works for the Swedish newspaper Dagens Nyheter. "It was a rude response.":p

Stering said another player, backup forward Mattias Jonson, just laughed and indicated that it was OK to take pictures

Henrik Larsson, who is leaving Barcelona and going back to the Swedish league in his home town of Helsingborg, picked up the bill at the cafe. He left two euros in tips, according to a half-American waiter.

"They had five cappuccinos and three bottles of water for 18 euro, and he (Larsson) gave me a 20 euro bill," said waiter Franklin Norlin of Glendale, Arizona. :D :D (What has this anything to do with journalism??):D :D

The players, all wearing dark sunglasses, spent about an hour at the crowded cafe. Surprisingly, not a single person approached them and asked for autographs until just before they left.

Twenty metres away, six Swedish blondes dressed in Swedish team jerseys sang ABBA tunes and the Swedish national anthem. There were Swedish flags on every flag pole at the square.

The players left after about an hour and headed to several mini-vans parked near the main square, Markt Platz, in downtown Bremen.

Five other players, including Aston Villa captain Olof Mellberg, played golf on a course outside the city.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Soccer/WorldCup/Groups/B/2006/06/06/1617392-ap.html

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
It is very funny to compare Ibrahimovic and Del Piero....so funny that I don't want to take a part in that foolish debate.

It would be just like comparing Crouch and Henry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)