Official: Vincenzo Iaquinta to Juve (26 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
We should keep Bojinov and have Ranieri work with him because that's one of the things the latter does well. Hopefully Iaquinta will be sitting on the bench with Juventus a lot this coming season.
Hmm.. I think people miss perspective here. I'm not thrilled about Iaquinta either, but if you are aiming for a fourth spot, Iaquinta's a very decent signing. He won't win you the CL, but at the moment he will do.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Hmm.. I think people miss perspective here. I'm not thrilled about Iaquinta either, but if you are aiming for a fourth spot, Iaquinta's a very decent signing. He won't win you the CL, but at the moment he will do.
Especially if he's used in a rotation system with Del Piero and Huntelaar.

JuveGER

Mar 10, 2006
Iaquinta is a solid tactical option. But he better not be the starting striker who partners DP. And I think we should invest in other parts of the team (CB, CM) first, before we spend that much money on "tactical options".

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
yeah, he ain't the best in the world but he could be very useful for Juve. He can play on the right with Huntelaar and Rossi lol on the left.

I'm sure he's been bought to replace Zalayeta, not Trez.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
yeah, he ain't the best in the world but he could be very useful for Juve. He can play on the right with Huntelaar and Rossi lol on the left.

I'm sure he's been bought to replace Zalayeta, not Trez.
we will spend 10 Mil euros + a player to replace Zalayeta? you mean the Player that plays once in five matches or more? That's crazy if it is the case.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
we will spend 10 Mil euros + a player to replace Zalayeta? you mean the Player that plays once in five matches or more? That's crazy if it is the case.
I meant in the roster, I think at 10m+ Iaquinta will play much more than Marcelo.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
I meant in the roster, I think at 10m+ Iaquinta will play much more than Marcelo.
then he will be the 3rd forward. I don't know, I am not sure about this transfer. Time will tell, but we shouldn't spend our money in that area imo, we need defenders and Midfielders more than forwards.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
then he will be the 3rd forward. I don't know, I am not sure about this transfer. Time will tell, but we shouldn't spend our money in that area imo, we need defenders and Midfielders more than forwards.
I' d be surprised if it's for 10m + a player on a co-ownership...even a loan.

I agree that the priority is the center defense and mid.

Nedved17

Jul 16, 2006
Don't like him at all, but it seems like I must try to tolerate him here in Turin.:(

And on the other side I just can't why are we signing him!!?? He's no better than Palla or Bojinov who are a lot younger than him and I'm fore sure he's not coming to 5th striker. Then the only opinnion why are we singning him is that he's coming to replace Trez, which is just foolish, cause he's just not capable to do that.

Jul 24, 2006
Ok.. So he's still not coming as Trez's replacement..

He is coming to add depth to our front line, he has pace and strength and height, as much as I love Palla too he does not have these identical criteria..

And PS; looking at the numbers Boji scores a Serie A goal about every 4.5 games, Palla 1 goal every 11. Iaquinta has a 1 in 3 return and if we stand a chance of a CL finish next year we need some assured goals like this.

I'm all for youth getting a chance but I'm also for results and Iaquinta will aid us in achieving these while players like Palla and Giovinco mature into starters..

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
I' d be surprised if it's for 10m + a player on a co-ownership...even a loan.

I agree that the priority is the center defense and mid.
That's my problem exactly, I won't mind having him as 3rd or 4th forward, but the deal is not good, we should spend the money very wisely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)