Official: Vincenzo Iaquinta to Juve (28 Viewers)

roberto*baggio

*Roberto Baggio*
Dec 3, 2006
for those thinking mavuba is a good player he is not that much he got no talent in distribution of the ball he is a good deffensive midfielder but got no offensive talent i'd go for xabi alonso or even tacchinardi

p0rcupine_tree

love the art in yourself
Feb 27, 2005
i think iaquinta is a good addition...he would be competition between him and trez...so trez could be more serious this year...and besides this is the first year trez didnt get injured...he was injury king before some years...so no one knows what might happen next year...

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Iaquinta will be useful as he scores more than Zalayeta and offers that wide position off the main striker.

Even as a lone striker upfront with the likes of Del Piero and Palladino playing off him on the flanks could work.

Iaquinta is not world class, but he does have good characteristics as he showed in the WC.

neurosis21

Jun 22, 2004
thats why we are buying him,not to lead the attack but to provide backup and other options
plus competition for trez,who mustnt take his place for granted

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
iaquinta isn't even good enough to kiss my ass
:lol2:

thats why we are buying him,not to lead the attack but to provide backup and other options
plus competition for trez,who mustnt take his place for granted
Definitely, I prefer Iaquinta as a backup to our regular striker, not a starter himself. But the point is that Trezeguet is seeking a move away from Delle Alpi. Hence, buying another striker with Iaquinta would be vital.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
:lol2:

Definitely, I prefer Iaquinta as a backup to our regular striker, not a starter himself. But the point is that Trezeguet is seeking a move away from Delle Alpi. Hence, buying another striker with Iaquinta would be vital.
the Hunter? Bianchi? Klose? Gilardino? :confused:

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
is there still hope for huntelaar?
I don't know... the rumor has cooled down xompletely...but he didn't confirm yet he'll stay in Ajax for another year, plus Ajax are linked with many strikers lately, which could mean the Hunter is leaving!!!

So we have to wait for our board action :shifty:

oriax

Mar 30, 2007
Stuttgart aren't willing to release him, and even if they do, they'll demand a huge amount of money...
It'll be cheaper to get the Hunter... :smoke:
Huntelaar is my first choise too but it seems that our board is not interested in him anymore. :confused: So all these are alternatives and maybe Afonso Alves and Fabio Quagliarella too.

neurosis21

Jun 22, 2004
if trez leaves then the possible replacements are
huntelaar,gila,klose,alfonso alves
thats in order of personal preference as well
quagliarella cant replace trez i think,they are not the same players

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Also according to goal

Ranieri Discusses Transfer Subjects

Newly appointed Juventus coach Claudio Ranieri analyses the club’s current transfer plans.

zoom - galleria "First of all, I want a powerful group," began Ranieri, speaking to Tuttosport.

"All we have to focus on now is creating a group capable of being a threat to any other club.

"Our priority right now is to sign a forceful midfielder who can keep the midfield department together."

"Fans will be satisfied," he assured, while refusing to reveal names. "We are working hard towards creating a strong team. However, we can’t keep mentioning names in newspapers."

He did let a few names slip, though, one of them being that of Liverpool midfielder Momo Sissoko.

"I know Sissoko very well," he said. "I coached him during my days at Valencia, and I was quite surprised when he moved to Liverpool."

He was more careful on Gilardino: "Well, I don’t like to discuss players who belong to other clubs.

"Right now, I can say that Iaquinta is a nice purchase. He’s a World Champion and he’ll be very motivated at Juventus. Tactically, he can be very useful."

The discussion finally shifted to David Trezeguet, and Ranieri made no secret of the contractual issues: "There aren’t many strikers who have characteristics similar to Trezeguet's.

"If he stays I would certainly play him, but the contract extension issue is between him and the club’s management."
So its been confirmed .. We signed Iaquinta.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
if we can get Quagliarella , he is talented and have a lot of potential to improve more , he is in the NT and i think he is not that expensive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)