Official: Vincenzo Iaquinta to Juve (17 Viewers)

Adzke

May 19, 2007
I am glad Lippi doesn't share your point of view. But, you are the experts of course. He is just a silly over-achiever.
Maybe not. But neither is he a player about whom you feel confident could go on to become great. He is propably promising when compared to mother Italians. But when you compare him, his price, and the overall market he isn't that good.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
Maybe not. But neither is he a player about whom you feel confident could go on to become great. He is propably promising when compared to mother Italians. But when you compare him, his price, and the overall market he isn't that good.
Sometimes you need players to fill a position. You don't need a team of superstars. We have our star players, he is a good depth guy and has a good attitude. We can pretend to be market sharks and act like we know a thing or two about striking a good deal, but if we want a player on our squad we need to do what it takes to get him here. 7m... big deal... honestly.

Adzke

May 19, 2007
Sometimes you need players to fill a position. You don't need a team of superstars. We have our star players, he is a good depth guy and has a good attitude. We can pretend to be market sharks and act like we know a thing or two about striking a good deal, but if we want a player on our squad we need to do what it takes to get him here. 7m... big deal... honestly.
But we don't need to break the bank for him. Certainly not, when he will only be a fringe player. Then we are better off trying to sign cheaper players.

7m is a very big deal!

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
7m... for an experienced versitile striker who averages 15 goals a year in Serie A. Not to mention, he would like to come here. I don't see the bad deal.

Dragula

Jul 17, 2006
The only bigger shit than Iaquinta is Inzaghi (Oh and Ibra too)

If he plays on the wing I don't have a problem... but as a striker...hell no

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Again, we can get somebody who is better than Iaquinta and for free... Claudio Pizarro. Lets use the seven million for a player we really need.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
Again, we can get somebody who is better than Iaquinta and for free... Claudio Pizarro. Lets use the seven million for a player we really need.
Not a bad point. I would prefer Pizarro as well. However, we are probably going to get Iaquinta and I am not disappointed.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
That's my only objection on the purchase of Iaquinta, as for the player himself, I think he's a good athlete and he can add something to the squad.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
It seems we're very close to this idiot. The deal is waiting final touches of :faq1: Secco and his agent. The valuation of the deal is around 8 million euro. Udinese wants to exploit our naiveness by taking two of our players in this deal (Paolucci + one of Paro & Nocerino).

It won't be weird to see that happening with the great minds in the management.
8 million euro plus only Paro sounds a good deal, but another youngster would mean that Udinese blackmailing us. I know that the current management is naive, but I don't expect them to lose Nocerino that way.

That's my only objection on the purchase of Iaquinta, as for the player himself, I think he's a good athlete and he can add something to the squad.
Does this mean that if we finalise Iaquinta's deal, we won't get Pizarro? I thought that the latter is a done deal. He is free and he can provide a good cover for Trezeguet if he stays.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
He is Italian, name me a few Italian Zalayeta and u will see that Iaquinta is the perfect man for the job, i hope, that means, we r planning to make a few good signs and our rosters needs more space for "stranieri"...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)