Official: Vincenzo Iaquinta to Juve (21 Viewers)

vletrmx

Mar 22, 2006
http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/65407.html

Milan - Newly promoted Juventus Turin have hired Italy striker Vincenzo Iaquinta from Udinese for 8 million euros (10.7 million dollars), La Gazzetta dello Sport reported on Wednesday. The 27-year-old World Cup winner leaves the Udine side after seven seasons to join Juve as they look to strengthen their squad after securing the return to the Serie A with three games left.

Under the deal, striker Michele Paolucci, who is owned by Juve but currently plays with Ascoli, is to join Udinese as a loan.

The Turin club have previously signed Czech defender Zdenek Grygera from Ajax Amsterdam and Bayern Munich's Bosnian midfielder Hasan Salihamidzic.

Juventus were last year punished with the first relegation in club history over a match-fixing scandal. The Italian football federation (FIGC) also handed down a nine-point penalty on Juventus and stripped them of the Serie A titles they won in 2005 and 2006, awarding the latter to Inter Milan.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/65407.html

Milan - Newly promoted Juventus Turin have hired Italy striker Vincenzo Iaquinta from Udinese for 8 million euros (10.7 million dollars), La Gazzetta dello Sport reported on Wednesday. The 27-year-old World Cup winner leaves the Udine side after seven seasons to join Juve as they look to strengthen their squad after securing the return to the Serie A with three games left.

Under the deal, striker Michele Paolucci, who is owned by Juve but currently plays with Ascoli, is to join Udinese as a loan.

The Turin club have previously signed Czech defender Zdenek Grygera from Ajax Amsterdam and Bayern Munich's Bosnian midfielder Hasan Salihamidzic.

Juventus were last year punished with the first relegation in club history over a match-fixing scandal. The Italian football federation (FIGC) also handed down a nine-point penalty on Juventus and stripped them of the Serie A titles they won in 2005 and 2006, awarding the latter to Inter Milan.
lol a news website quoting a newspaper...

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003

Channel 4

Juventus have reportedly reached an agreement to sign Udinese striker Vincenzo Iaquinta at the end of the season.

The World Cup winner has been paired with the Turin outfit for some time even though he extended his contract in Udine until 2010 last year.

A move now seems on the horizon though after the respected Gazzetta dello Sport claimed that a deal has already been done.

Iaquinta, a 27-year-old forward, will put pen to paper on a five-year contract with the Old Lady of Italian football.

The transfer operation will allegedly cost Juventus £5.7m plus the co-ownership of Michele Paolucci, who is currently on loan at Ascoli.

Iaquinta is understood to have been accepted by boss Didier Deschamps and the player’s versatility could be useful on their return to Serie A.

Meanwhile, Juventus sporting director Alessio Secco was spotted in Rome where he is said to have met with Roma counterpart Daniele Pradè.

It is believed that the two men discussed the future of Philippe Mexes who may leave the capital this summer seeing as his Giallorossi contract expires in 2008.

Mexes, a formidable central defender, is also wanted by Champions League chasing Milan and Inter.

Mohamed Sissoko of Liverpool also remains a Juve target in midfield after the 22-year-old was initially requested by Deschamps last November.

The player faces fierce competition for a starting shirt at Anfield and reports in Italy claim that Juventus may be prepared to pay up to £10m for him.

------------------------

Seems like a done deal. His price is not bad though.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
i'd prefer to get Xabi Alonso over Sissoko, they might not be the same type of player, as alonso is similar to Pirlo. Sissoko is a destroyer.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I don't think Iaquinta is a bad player, he's a good player, but simply he's not what we need. What can he possibly add to our squad? Nothing, our attack is very good, all he can do is add some depth, he definetly won't bring any extra quality.

Spending 8mil on a rotational player is not something I approve of, especially since we already have depth in our attack as it is. This attack of DP, Trez, Bojinov, Palla and Zalayeta could have served us perfectly well even in Serie A next season. But no, we decide to let a 21 year old Bojinov leave, even though we could have grabbed him for peanuts, and buy a 28 year old who quite frankly is not much better, if at all.

Iaquinta scores 15 goals per season for a mid-table club, mark my words if he comes to Juventus, next season he will be a rotational player with 18 games under his belt and 6 goals tops! It's different scoring for a big club, some think it's harder and some think it's easier. Personally I think it's much harder to score 20 goals for a star filled Juventus than a team like Udinese where everyone relies on one forward to the business. Just look at Dario Hubner few years ago for Piacenza, hell even Gilardino for Parma. Scoring in a competitive side where you have to fight for your place is a much harder task.

I simply don't see a need for him, not in my wildest dreams would I go for him. And if he's supposed to be a replacement for Trez, well, I'll just put a shot-gun to my mouth.

fender06

Sep 16, 2006
£5.7m plus the co-ownership of Michele Paolucci= around £8m, acceptable. I am more interested to know if Iaquinta is going to replace Zalayata or Trez??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)