Official: Vincenzo Iaquinta to Juve (98 Viewers)

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Udinese striker Iaquinta set for Juventus medical
tribalfooball.com - May 21, 2007

Udinese striker Vincenzo Iaquinta is expected in Turin this week.
Tuttosport says Iaquinta will have a medical at Juventus in the coming days, though the two clubs are still some way from agreeing terms over a fee for the Italy international.

Juve are willing to offer £6 million and Matteo Paro for Iaquinta. However, Udinese president Giampaolo Pozzo is insisting Claudio Marchisio and Michele Paolucci are included in the bid.
Damn!!!!

It seems that he will be our so called world class signing.:disagree:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nedved17

Jul 16, 2006
He will be a good backup for us. He has a good goal scoring average in Serie A and moves well off the ball. A world class signing, he is not.
First of all, he's not coming ass a backup, I'm affraid he's going to play allmost regulary if he comes. And secondly HE SUCKS and I don't want him!!!

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
1st of all it is tribalfootball so that means it is totally false...2nd that is too much money for a "backup" player... and third he isn't good enough as RMF

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
1st of all it is tribalfootball so that means it is totally false...2nd that is too much money for a "backup" player... and third he isn't good enough as RMF
Correct on all points.

Iaquinta is not a terrible player bt he is not good enough to be a starter either. Unless we get him very cheap I will be disappointed at signing him.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
I honestly don't see the problem with Iaquinta. We have the money, we have the roster slot and I would never question the judgement of Marcello Lippi. The guy is a sound bench player who can come on as a sub and get the job done. He isn't a "style" player. He will control the ball and create gaps in the defense with his off-the-ball movement. I think people on here are just bitching about the price. We have the money folks.

Jan 7, 2007
I honestly don't see the problem with Iaquinta. We have the money, we have the roster slot and I would never question the judgement of Marcello Lippi. The guy is a sound bench player who can come on as a sub and get the job done. He isn't a "style" player. He will control the ball and create gaps in the defense with his off-the-ball movement. I think people on here are just bitching about the price. We have the money folks.
Unless Trez leaves or we plan on playing 3 strikers... where does he play? If he's a backup I can see that but I'd rather play Palladino in that role. He's the future.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
yea he aint gonna replace Camo - provided he stays - and Juve never play 3 strikers...the worst part is he reminds me of Mr.Offside...Inzaghi ;)

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
He's more than likely to be one of the following:

1. Starter if DP/Trez are out, starter in Coppa/Friendlies with Palladino
2. Substitute winger/forward
3. Part of a trident attack, with Palladino/DP and Trezeguet.

Either way, if it ends up being 6 million pounds and Paro, its not that bad. He's a solid player, and if Lippi didn't think so, he would have grabbed someone else, and not played him so much in WC.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
I don't mind if the board give Udinese Paro and 6 million, it is not that much of a bad price. But if we give them Marchisio, we need to hire some psychiatrist to check Secco's head out

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
never never never put Marchisio in that deal. He should stay with us and gets some games with us in the Coppa...

Iaquinta would do well in a 4-3-3

Iaquinta-Huntelaar-Malouda :eyebrows:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 97)