Official: Vincenzo Iaquinta to Juve (109 Viewers)

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Ok ok mate.
I still think that he has a potential.
What do you think about Marchisio?
Anyways, I hope he'll prove me wrong. :D

As for Marchisio, he can make a good defensive midfielder within two seasons. As I said, he is aggressive, quick, has a high stamina and always motivated. However, his passes are a bit errant and he sometimes seems that he wants to get rid of the ball as soon as he receives it, but these things are curable with time.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I am really irritaded about those rumours linking us to second rate players such as Iaquinta

We are Juventus and we should aim to only one of the two following groups
1) Top Class players who can make a great impact
2) good or young players who have the potential to be one of the great at their position

Frings- He is a good player but not top class he is not young and surely not one of the best in his position or has that potential

Iaquinta- Not only he is not top class he is barely average I rate him the same as I rate Zalayeta and even less

Mavuba - never seen him in action except some youtube moments but I heard he is quite good and if he is one of the second group then I say go for it.
if not forget about him

We are Juventus not Fiorentina not Lazio or any other team of that calibre
We should aim to the scudetto imediately and be one of the big forces in europe as soon as possible therefore second rate players wouldn`t help us reach this objective and we should aim for the best

Chelsea was a medicore team before Abramovich and as soon as Abramovich has started splashing some cash his team become very successfull

I am not saying we should copy Chelsea`s transfer strategy every year but this year is a must!!!

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Anyways, I hope he'll prove me wrong. :D

As for Marchisio, he can make a good defensive midfielder within two seasons. As I said, he is aggressive, quick, has a high stamina and always motivated. However, his passes are a bit errant and he sometimes seems that he wants to get rid of the ball as soon as he receives it, but these things are curable with time.
I think your analysis of Marchisio is totally off. He is a player who is very good on the ball and his offensive play is better than his defensive. In in the last few matches he had to play defensively, cause of the lack of alternatives, and that's why he wasn't as good as he can be.

zizoufan

Z.Z T h e M a s t e r
May 25, 2004
I think your analysis of Marchisio is totally off. He is a player who is very good on the ball and his offensive play is better than his defensive. In in the last few matches he had to play defensively, cause of the lack of alternatives, and that's why he wasn't as good as he can be.
that what i was thinking too. Marchisio is more an attacking midfielder than a defensive one. Just look at the move he made against frosionone. The guy has potential and I'm glad he is ours.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
I hope he would be more effective both defensively and offensively. But up until now, I've watched him playing as a defensive midfielder, how can I judge his offensive capabilities?

Another point here, I didn't say that he isn't that good offensively, I said he is good defensively, and there is a difference between both, Dominic.

Jul 24, 2006
Having Iaquinta as a backup to Del Piero and Trezeguet isn't a bad thing.
Would he be markedly better as a sub option than Palla/Zala/Marchionni..?

Bearing in mind his current form - whatever your opinion of it - has been achieved as a starter.. Not sure as a sub if Iaquinta is the option myself. And don't cite the WC as an example pls! We all know that's a different animal to club football.

IMO Iaquinta's unconvincing as a right winger and mediocre as a striker. Would rather see a true winger arrive, Malouda..?

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I hope he would be more effective both defensively and offensively. But up until now, I've watched him playing as a defensive midfielder, how can I judge his offensive capabilities?

Another point here, I didn't say that he isn't that good offensively, I said he is good defensively, and there is a difference between both, Dominic.
Now you are just trying to cover for yourself :D. You obviously wrote that he was a defensive midfielder, and with that comes all that it implies.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Now you are just trying to cover for yourself :D. You obviously wrote that he was a defensive midfielder, and with that comes all that it implies.
I always try to cover for myself, don't you? :D Actually, I think that he may become a good defensive midfielder from what I've watched of him so far. Yet, I didn't say that this was my last word about him...here is another covering :D

malducato1

Dec 26, 2005
I wouldn't mind having him as a rotation type player but not for the 12 million asking price. I rather have Saviola for free and spend the money where we need it like defense and midfield.

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
I wouldn't mind having him as a rotation type player but not for the 12 million asking price. I rather have Saviola for free and spend the money where we need it like defense and midfield.
:agree: 12mil is too much. Instead of Saviola though, I'd rather take Bianchi, and spend the remaining money on defense or middy. Although, I would look to buy midfielders and defenders first, then worry about strikers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 108)