Official: Vincenzo Iaquinta to Juve (30 Viewers)

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
Nooooo!Tbh he isn't that bad but I simply don't like his style of play and I think he isn't the right man for us. If we buy any italian striker then it has to be Bianchi! I wish Iaquinta goes to Milan...

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Tevez is probably going to leave whether west ham stay up or are relegated, Tevez is most probably going to Chelsea or Liverpool

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Juve close on Iaquinta Thursday 10 May, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus are close to signing Udinese striker Vincenzo Iaquinta, according to the latest reports in Italy.

The world champion had already been paired with the Turin outfit last season, before he extended his contract with the Zebrette until 2010, but now seems set to join the Bianconeri in June.

Thursday’s edition of Tuttosport titles that an agreement is close to being finalised, as the Old Lady wants to strengthen their squad in view of the increasingly likely return to Serie A.

Iaquinta, who is highly rated by Coach Didier Deschamps for his versatility, could move to Turin in the summer for £7m, plus the co-ownership of one of Juve’s youngsters.

Matteo Paro and Rey Volpato are two of the possible candidates, although Marcelo Zalayeta might also be included in the deal, after becoming frustrated with his lack of playing time at the Stadio Olimpico.

The Friulani are expected to make their decision in the next few weeks, as they need to clarify the position of players such as Sulley Ali Muntari and Cristian Zapata, who have both been linked with a summer move.

Juve are also keen on Reggina striker Rolando Bianchi, who could move to Turin if David Trezeguet does not extend his deal with the Bianconeri.

President Lillo Foti has valued the player at £11m, but it seems likely that the Amaranto will lower their request if the Turin outfit agrees to an exchange deal.
the bolded part alone is enough reason to sack this shit for brains at the end of the season

he highly rates Iaquinta ??

The guy is usless... he's not a step up from Zalayeta, and makes a helluva lot more money

I will be extremely pissed if we sign this chump

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
the bolded part alone is enough reason to sack this shit for brains at the end of the season

he highly rates Iaquinta ??

The guy is usless... he's not a step up from Zalayeta, and makes a helluva lot more money

I will be extremely pissed if we sign this chump
Lippi must have thought he was OK before he played him for Italy so we won't want Lippi as boss under that logic.

I would rather see someone else but Laquinta ain't that bad.

Sep 14, 2003
All these players we've been linked with so far doesn't fill me with great confidence for next season, let's hope they're merely smokescreens for other moves for much better players.

Wraith

Sep 1, 2006
Ugh, Iaquinta is Mr. Brick Feet, he'll run all day but without any first touch or technique. Unless we want to model our team after Chelsea, we'll need a technical replacement for DP, someone who can make magic.

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
Ugh, Iaquinta is Mr. Brick Feet, he'll run all day but without any first touch or technique. Unless we want to model our team after Chelsea, we'll need a technical replacement for DP, someone who can make magic.

Since when we have to replace DP?Have I missed something?I think he would be the replacement for Trezeguet in the opinion of Deschamps,but I think he's more the Zalayeta replacement...

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
I really don't see what the big deal against Iaquinta is.

He's not coming to replace Del Piero or Trezeguet. He's coming to be the #3 forward, and to start when DP needs to be rested. He's still a top scorer in Serie A, and has not looked out of place for the Italian national team. Huntelaar would be nice to pick up as well though, but I think he would be the Trezeguet replacement.

With Trez: Del Piero, Trezeguet, Iaquinta, Palladino, Zalayeta/Cheap Replacement
Without: Del Piero, Huntelaar, Iaquinta, Palladino, Zalayeta/Cheap Replacement

I think Secco knows, especially with the Frings snub, that spending big for a top name CM is now #1 priority. We can't expect a big name striker realistically when the forwards boast the amount of class they do, and the midfield and defense "boast" the holes they have.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006

He's not coming to replace Del Piero or Trezeguet. He's coming to be the #3 forward, and to start when DP needs to be rested. He's still a top scorer in Serie A, and has not looked out of place for the Italian national team. Huntelaar would be nice to pick up as well though, but I think he would be the Trezeguet replacement.

With Trez: Del Piero, Trezeguet, Iaquinta, Palladino, Zalayeta/Cheap Replacement

I think Secco knows, especially with the Frings snub, that spending big for a top name CM is now #1 priority. We can't expect a big name striker realistically when the forwards boast the amount of class they do, and the midfield and defense "boast" the holes they have.
Agree except if Trez left Laquinta would probably be before Hunter in the pecking order if we signed them.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006

I agree. Iaquinta, if he joins us, would be a third choice forward replacing the departed Bojinov. During this current campaign, Deschamps has considered Palladino and Zalayeta as replacements for Del Piero and Trezeguet respectively. Iaquinta is for sure better than Zalayeta, thus the former would be a substitute for Trezeguet and nothing more.

Jul 24, 2006
Can tell DD wants some pace upfront and that makes sense but Iaquinta?Seriously, Iaquinta!?

Seems to me that the leaking defense needs first attention if we are to maintain a league run in Serie A next term.

Rather just stay with the forwards we have already and focus on mid/def than just spend money for the sake of better forward substitutes.

And buy the Hunter obviously.

Jul 5, 2005
Before 2 years the most people here didn't want him and noe say the opposite. What happened in these 2 years and you changed your minds?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)