Official Transfers Thread (2 Viewers)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
BARCELONA SIGN MÁRQUEZ

Frank Rijkaard has a new defender to strenghten the squad with as Barcelona reached an agreement with AS Monaco over the transfer of Rafael Márquez to the Catalan giant on Tuesday night.

Negotiations on Monday and Tuesday came to an end as all parties involved signed a deal on Tuesday, right before midnight, that sees the Mexican defender move to Barcelona with a four year contract. The amount of money involved is unknown at this point but it's sure to be quite high, considering the status of Márquez and the financial problems of AS Monaco.

Márquez is Barcelona's second big signing since Frank Rijkaard took over as coach. Goalkeeper Rüstü Reçber was purchased prior to the defender.

The 24 year old central defender has played for two clubs before this transfer. Namely, Atlast Guadalajara in Mexico from 1996 until 1999 and AS Monaco in France from 1999 until now. He has played 45 matches with the Mexican national team and was captain of that team on the last WC in Japan and South-Korea.

Taken from www.vi.nl
Translated by Erik

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
I think I'm actually starting to like Barca again now that they're ditching all the Dutchmen and buying good, young, new players!

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
Not really. And besides, he hardly ever plays - he should go somewhere where he has a starting place!
yeah i Agree i like OverMars alot he is a great player may be we can sign him. :D

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++

I don't think those transfers are official yet .. negotiations are still going on ..
Eto'o to Valencia is official as far as I know, and D'Ale to Wolfsburg is almost done.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Godot ] ++
Eto'o to Valencia is official as far as I know, and D'Ale to Wolfsburg is almost done.
(Eto'o)'s move to Valencia stalled as the clubs concerned couldn't agree on a fee .. this was the latest from soccerage:

Samuel Eto'o is set to appeal to Mallorca to lower their asking price so that he can complete a move to Valencia.

Despite reports that Cameroon striker has moved to the Mestalla club, the truth is that the two sides are a long way apart on his valuation.

While Valencia do not want to pay more than €12million, Mallorca want at least €18 million, with one director claiming that nearer €30 million was not unrealistic.

But Eto'o is keen to push the transfer through and has will speak directly to Mallorca supremo, Mateo Alemany.

The ex-Real Madrid goalscorer has already started planning his new life in Valencia and has installed his two brothers in a local school there, with the older one, Daniel, set to join Valencia's youth ranks.

Valencia believed that the deal was done and dusted after signing a pre-contract agreement with Eto'o, but Mallorca's demands may still scupper the deal.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As for D'Ale .. one of the directors in Wolfsburg said that it was just a 'dream' to have D'Ale with them .. I don't know what the hell that means .. But doesn't sound official to me ;)

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
I think I'm actually starting to like Barca again now that they're ditching all the Dutchmen and buying good, young, new players!
:LOL:
you didn't like them before?
i think i like thim exactly for those dutchmen :LOL:
but, anyway, marquez is a good choice for the team and i'm glad they took him ...
but, erik, don't you like cocu, overmars and kluivert ???

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by BloodOnMoral ] ++

:LOL:
you didn't like them before?
i think i like thim exactly for those dutchmen :LOL:
but, anyway, marquez is a good choice for the team and i'm glad they took him ...
but, erik, don't you like cocu, overmars and kluivert ???
It has nothing to do with the players themselves, I just find it ridiculous that a Spanish team has so many Dutchmen in it. Every time I'm in Catalonia I'm afraid to say I'm Dutch..!

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by El Idiota ] ++
Quaresma moves to barca!...maybe laporta isnt such a bastard after all ;)
Is Quaresma to Barca official? :eek::scared: This Laporta is doing a brilliant job - Rustu, Marquez and now Quaresma :shocked: Way to go, Barca :thumb:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
And there's something that you'll like even more Erik - now that Barca have got Quaresma they'll probably sell Overmars, and if they don't he'll be a sub anyways :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)