Official: Tiago to Juve (15 Viewers)

Jan 5, 2007
Official: Juventus Sign Tiago And Almiron

It has now been confirmed that the Old Lady have completed the signings of Tiago and Almiron.

While the Almiron deal was almost done yesterday, reports this morning had suggested that Tiago and Fabio Quagliarella had been signed last night.

There is no news on the Udinese striker yet (Udinese secured Quagliarella from Sampdoria yesterday), but Tiago has now completed his move from Lyon.

The former Braga, Benfica and Chelsea midfielder has signed a four year contract with the club, with Lyon making a cool 15 million. He had cost Chelsea 15 million, but Lyon had then snapped him up for just 10.

As for Almiron, Empoli were handed 7 million Euros by Juve, plus Giovinco on loan, and the co-ownerships of Paro and Volpato. He also signs a four year deal.

With these two moves, Juventus have completed one defensive and one midfield signing, something that was considered paramount.

However, more is to come, it seems. Some expect that the signing of Quagliarella is also close, with 'Corriere dello Sport' suggesting that a deal was struck with Udinese last night.

The two clubs have just done business over Iaquinta, and the Friuliani are keen to make an immediate profit on the 7 million they spent on half the player's registration.

goal.com

we r doing good

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I agree. These are signings that have lifted my confidence in the board decisions...

But they have a long way to go.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
As soon as tomorrow morning in Torino, when they announce it on the site. I don't see why Tiago and Almiron would be hanging out with Pessotto at Juve HQ for any reason but to sign the contracts and get their medical.
Maybe it is just because Pessotto is an awesome guy. :cool:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
good signing...Almiron and Tiago...hardly what any1 expected but could be a stroke of genius...or disaster
It's neither a stroke of genius or a disaster. We signed two quality players who will improve our team. They're not world beaters but it's a step in the right direction. My only problem with getting both Tiago and Almiron is that I don't think they would work well as a central midfield tandem.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
It's neither a stroke of genius or a disaster. We signed two quality players who will improve our team. They're not world beaters but it's a step in the right direction. My only problem with getting both Tiago and Almiron is that I don't think they would work well as a central midfield tandem.
yea thats what i meant...but its a start rite...u never know they could play the seasons of their lives...what is so very good is that Juve are atlast signing ATTACKING midfielders...so sick of Blasi Emerson Vieira variety

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)